G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Up until this point, I have never heard anyone refer to the likes of Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Skywarp as "niche" characters.

Compared to Perceptor, Soundwave, Blaster, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, the Insecticons, Constructicons, Combiners, Omega Supreme, Galvatron, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Broadside, Octane, Sky Lynx, Shockwave, the Dinobots, etc., they are kind of background, unexciting, generic type characters.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Honestly it's G2 comics Sideswipe that makes the character for me. G1 Sideswipe comes to my mind as just "that red car guy"(whether he actually is or not) and turning him into Cable-As-Autobot(considering the guns) is how I remember him the best. The only pre-G2 significant thing that comes to my mind is the whole Jet Judo bit. Even if he doesn't have the look, I like that that got carried onward in IDW from what I recall of his portrayal there.

On the other hand, Ironhide, Wheeljack, Prowl, and Ratchet are definitely NOT niche characters for 84-85. Yes, it didn't have the much tighter focus that S3 had with the movie crew, but if I were to name characters that were main characters for S1-S2, those names would be among them. Heck, two of them are the ones who MADE the Dinobots in the cartoon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Compared to Perceptor, Soundwave, Blaster, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, the Insecticons, Constructicons, Combiners, Omega Supreme, Galvatron, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Broadside, Octane, Sky Lynx, Shockwave, the Dinobots, etc., they are kind of background, unexciting, generic type characters.
Broadside? Octane? Really?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen

G1 Broadside is as big as a gestalt, and much heavier. He can crush G1 Devastator under his weight.

He can turn into an Aircraft Carrier that the Aerialbots can take off from and land on.

His jet mode can transport all the Aerialbots and is capable of space travel.

G1 Broadside is in theory one of the coolest G1 Transformers; they just haven’t been able to work out the engineering to make a decent toy of him, that does him justice.

G1 Octane is a giant military-grade Jumbo Jet which can carry and transport heavy military equipment and vehicles including tanks, jeeps, humvys, etc.

His alt mode is a tanker which holds large amounts of fuel, which makes him a powerful Transformer, and capable of functioning for long periods of time.

Enough said, drops mic.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Side mention on Ratchet: He was arguably THE star of a good portion of the Marvel comics as well. He was the only one that escaped Shockwave, the one who dug up the Dinobots, faced off (sucessfully!) with them against Megatron, resurrected several dead Autobots as Pretenders(and Starscream under duress), outright got Tuvix'd with Megatron, and after separation sacrificed himself crashing the Ark into the Pacific Northwest to prevent Megatron from coming back.

He was also the one who kicked off IDW1, and was one of the characters that got picked for the initial Autobots used in the Live Action movies, before anyone knew what the reaction would be, or how it would all turn out.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Was Marvel’s G2 Transformers ignored in Regeneration One? I heard Regeration One jumps 21 years into the future from where the G1 Marvel Comic left off.

Where do the events of Marvel’s G2 comic fit in.

If Furman totally ignored the G2 continuity, that would be a d#ck move.
Darn that Simon Furman, he completely ignored Simon Furman's G2 comic while writing Regeneration One, he even ripped off some of Simon Furman's ideas, Simon Furman definitely owns Simon Furman an apology.

Sideswipe was a minor, bit player Autobot. He wouldn’t have that much of an impact or fanbase. In fact most of the Transformers who died in the animated movie were minor, dispensable Autobots like Huffer, Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Prowl, Bluestreak, etc. and on the Decepticon side Thundercracker and Skywarp. They’re very niche.
So you think Wheeljack, the first character we see in the series and creator of the Dinobots, as well as Ironhide, Brawn and Ratchet who heavily appeared in the first two seasons are minor, niche characters..... Kay.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The G1 Broadside toy was probably not good enough to sell his character on the G1 cartoon. It would have been a letdown and disappointment for kids.

Hasbro needs to make a Masterpiece G1 Broadside they can be proud of so they have something worth selling in media.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love the terribleness of the G1 toy, but I know I'm weird that way. It fits the character better than modern renditions that try to make him cool.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I'd be willing to give him Octane on the basis of his appearances in "Thief in the Night" and "Starscream's Ghost". You can't even tell that the character arc was originally meant for Blitzwing (picking up where FFOD left off)....

Now if he'd said Sandstorm, we'd have had something on the Autobot side....

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
And how does that relate to the comics story at all?

G1 Megatron was rebuilt by Cobra into G2 Megatron who is unveiled in the G2 Transformers Marvel Comics with his new body, which explains why Megatron’s G2 toy form looks the way that it does.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
G1 Megatron was rebuilt by Cobra into G2 Megatron who is unveiled in the G2 Transformers Marvel Comics with his new body, which explains why Megatron’s G2 toy form looks the way that it does.
No, the toy was made first. The comics rebuilt Megatron into his tank body because of the toy. The comic advertised the toy, not the other way around.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I was scared for what Megatron was going to do to Starscream here, but he seemed eerily calm when Starscream landed at his feet, almost with a smile on his face (cued to 5:15):

but then Megatron picked up Starscream very forcefully and dragged him away. I was relieved as a kid that they did not show what happened afterwards.

Top Bottom