G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I mean it's a G1 toy so it's a total brick, of course, but it's also such a damn cool toy regardless of that, y'know?

Glad I own one.

Do you have this one?

I haven’t gotten that far in the Masterforce cartoon, and I don’t think it’s in the G1 Marvel Comics, but I suspect that Apex Armor is a separate character (ie. another godmaster, which means another human, not Ginrai, is bonded with it in some way).

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Do you have this one?

I haven’t gotten that far in the Masterforce cartoon, and I don’t think it’s in the G1 Marvel Comics, but I suspect that Apex Armor is a separate character (ie. another godmaster, which means another human, not Ginrai, is bonded with it in some way).
Apex Armor is just what Hasbro called Godbomber when they used the God Ginrai tooling for their Powermaster Optimus Prime reissue in the early 2000s.

I got the early 2000s Takara God Ginrai reissue which is literally the same as that toy except the firing missile is shorter cuz it didn't need to meet US safety standards.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Transformers fans don’t seem to care about sea-based robots (eg. G1 Broadside, Seaspray, the Seacons, etc.).

The G1 Seacons were basically used as cannon fodder. Their combined form, Piranhacon, got beat up by G1 Galvatron in the UK Marvel Comics, and King Poseidon got destroyed by Super Ginrai in G1 Masterforce.

They’re weird-looking creatures like the rest of the Destrons. Is anyone really interested in that combiner team? I do like that they’re 6-in-1. Japanese Transformers fans seem to like strange-looking robots. I think American children would find these creatures ugly, scary.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Fans clamored for new Seacons for years. What are you talking about?

Those are only hard-core fans. That’s not enough. Casual fans don’t want them. The Seacons only appeared in the UK Marvel Comics and the Japanese G1 Masterforce cartoon, so normies very likely are not aware of who they are.

So they’re very niche.

We are more likely to get G1 Broadside, who appeared in the American G1 cartoon and Japanese G1 Headmasters cartoon, way before we will get the Seacons.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Seacons were in the US Marvel comics too, around the time of the Underbase stuff. And we did get modern Seacons, unless the Generation Selects set I have is a hallucination...

656px-TF-Generations-Selects-King-Poseidon.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We are more likely to get G1 Broadside, who appeared in the American G1 cartoon and Japanese G1 Headmasters cartoon, way before we will get the Seacons.
Casual fans of today don't even know G1 Broadside, because casual fans of today have never watched the G1 cartoon from 39 years ago.

Last edited:

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Those are only hard-core fans. That’s not enough. Casual fans don’t want them. The Seacons only appeared in the UK Marvel Comics and the Japanese G1 Masterforce cartoon, so normies very likely are not aware of who they are.
CetaceanCitation needed?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Looking at the Ninja Turtles toys that just hit the shelves at my Walmart, and several other similar lines with monsters or "dinosaurs", the Seacons turning into monstrous sea creatures would fit right in with some modern toy lines. Sometimes people don't buy toys based on recognition, but based on what looks cool, and the Seacons look cool.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I think the Seacons appeal to Japanese audiences because Japan is an island country and their diet consists mainly of exotic fish, seafood, sushi, etc. They’re used to seeing weird sea creatures:

(cued to 20:29)

I’ve heard the godmaster robot human being referred to as transforming into an engine, but in vehicle mode the human is always in the driver seat piloting the vehicle. It’s only when he transforms into robot mode that he transforms into that square module, so he acts more like a transforming cog or a minicon.

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I like this:

Marvel Comics continuity

Marvel The Transformers comics​

Undergoing a binary bonding process with the inert Decepticons, Hi-Test changed himself and his ally Throttle into the first Powermasters. Using this new process, the Decepticons were able to function on the poisoned planet of Nebulos by using their Powermaster partners as living batteries.

A small team of Autobots arrived on Nebulos, hoping to construct a new body for their leader, Optimus Prime. Seeing the Decepticons running rampant, they tried to stop their reign of terror, but soon began to run low on fuel. Hi-Q took action and used the same binary bonding process as his rival Hi-Test, bonding himself to the body of Optimus Prime. His fellow scientists, with one exception, followed suit in bonding themselves to fallen Autobots as well. The revitalized Autobots quickly defeated the two Decepticons. People Power!

Most of the Transformers known as "Powermasters" were the result of this initial bonding—the procedure is otherwise quite rare.

Transformers Comic-Magazin

Powermaster is the highest rank a Transformer can receive, with Megatron and Optimus Prime as the Powermasters for their factions.

Rodimus Prime, the Autobot commander on Cybertron, only has Headmaster rank and so is subordinate to Optimus.

Top Bottom