Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20231030_080547~2.jpg

I recently tried this recipe for tomato soup cake. Heard that it's surprisingly good. It's really moist and has amazing color. It kinda tastes like pumpkin pie. Nice warming spices, cream cheese helps balance it. It is on the salty side, and it's not as good the next day. If I try this again, I would use unsalted butter. Could use citrus or something to help cut down the salt, maybe? I watch too many baking shows. XD

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Through Imgur, I found out about and downloaded an app called Supercook. Input the ingredients you have, and it gives you recipes. I haven't tried a recipe yet, need to set aside some time to enter all my pantry. I did enter some of it, and am liking what I'm seeing so far.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
F-n5LpZXEAAl_W5.jpeg

I made spaghetti. Decided to slightly fancy up the sauce by adding the last of the unopened ground beef from church and some sliced mushrooms (even though the pasta sauce is supposed to have mushrooms already in it, I mean I bought this container of sliced mushrooms from the supermarket - gotta do something with them besides eating them raw as a snack) to it. (Or I guess technically since I cooked the ground beef and mushrooms first and then added the sauce to let it all heat through, I added the sauce to them? I dunno)

No I didn't make all this for me.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20240207_160930.jpg
Made this the other day, tastes better than I thought. It was a bit mushy, but I also didn't have everything 100% defrosted/drained.
Alterations: Couldn't find medium shrimp so I got large, cooked it an extra 10mins and it was fine. Instead of the frozen onion/pepper, I chopped two medium onions and two bell peppers. No pic of the one I made, it didn't last long. You also might want some hard bread to eat with it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Why would you burn a perfectly good Xbox control-- oh, that's the steak.
More food-related puns below readers!

(And for our non-Brit viewers, "Orange" is/was a mobile phone network in the UK).

Aaaand me and the missus just had cheap ramen tonight, plus I bought her ramen-flavoured crisps.

IMG_20240209_182909.jpg

IMG_20240209_183030.jpg

(Spicy tonkotsu ramen)

IMG_20240209_183033.jpg

(Spicy karaage)

The whole thing, plus two drinks, cost around ¥2,500, which was as cheap as chips.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I spent a week in England (Windsor/Slough) a couple of weeks ago for work and WOW did we eat good. Greek, Indian, fish and chips, loved the blood sausage, Italian, venison tartar, Asian. It was all amazing. Beans for breakfast is weird to me. lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7408.jpeg
    IMG_7408.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7409.jpeg
    IMG_7409.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7413.jpeg
    IMG_7413.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7452.jpeg
    IMG_7452.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7485.jpeg
    IMG_7485.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7487.jpeg
    IMG_7487.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7494.jpeg
    IMG_7494.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7561.jpeg
    IMG_7561.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 20

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I spent a week in England (Windsor/Slough) a couple of weeks ago for work and WOW did we eat good. Greek, Indian, fish and chips, loved the blood sausage, Italian, venison tartar, Asian. It was all amazing. Beans for breakfast is weird to me. lol.
"Blood sausage"? You mean "black pudding"? It's great! I'm glad you had a good time eating up British grub! There's a load of nice food in the UK, but not all restaurants are great (hence the stereotype about bad British food).

Beans for breakfast is as weird as putting maple syrup on bacon though... ;)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Mmmm, carrot cake. Looks like it has nuts/raisins, too. Yum.

Made this today:
20240211_112840.jpg

The recipe is From here, but here it is without annoying ads, and one adjustment.
Untitled59_20240211114343.png

I got some discounted Asian pears and needed to use them. Doubled the recipe since we had 2lbs salmon. Pretty light and tasty, would probably be better leaving the salmon to marinate longer. Also left the salmon skin on b/c yum. There was plenty of marinade left, cooked it down to kill any uncooked salmon left in it, and will jar/save it for later. Could use some sauteed greens with it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Mmmm, carrot cake. Looks like it has nuts/raisins, too. Yum.

Made this today:
View attachment 19223

The recipe is From here, but here it is without annoying ads, and one adjustment.
View attachment 19224

I got some discounted Asian pears and needed to use them. Doubled the recipe since we had 2lbs salmon. Pretty light and tasty, would probably be better leaving the salmon to marinate longer. Also left the salmon skin on b/c yum. There was plenty of marinade left, cooked it down to kill any uncooked salmon left in it, and will jar/save it for later. Could use some sauteed greens with it.
Nice! Costco Japan sells (beef) "Bulgogi Bakes" at their food court.

Costco Bulgogi Bake.jpg

Top Bottom