Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I have a tough stomach, I guess.

That does look nice, though I wonder how nice it is when trying to chew it.

I'll concede that maybe I just don't know. There's people who think they don't like rare meat because they've never had it cooked properly. Rare doesn't mean raw. Rare doesn't mean just not cooking it. Rare is cooked. I'm sure there's cooks out there who just aren't cooking their steaks, and it leads people to think they don't like rare meat. So maybe there's some secret trick to well done meat too. I don't know.

But I grew up on terrible overcooked steaks, so it's hard to pass on any opportunity to have it medium-rare or below.
My parents cooked well done near and it was soft and good. The Peruvian restaurants that cooked thin steaks were just as good. My GF also does them well.

I've eaten raw beef and rare, etc steak but I prefer well done. Usually though, I only eat it at home as in Japan, it's almost impossible to get any type of steak unless it's medium rare (especially if the cooks are Japanese). My French friend and I were at Outback Steakhouse in Japan and both my well-done and his rare steaks came back as medium rare. These days, if I go to Outback, I NEVER order their steak. Even when I went to the US, I didn't want the hassle of explaining/arguing with ignorant staff about how to "properly" cook my steak, so I just give up and don't bother to cause a fuss and order anything but the steak.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yesterday I felt like giving bread another go with the stand mixer. Used the recipe from this site. It does give nice pointers but is also full of annoying ads.

There were a few spots where I messed yp a bit or wasn't sure if I was doing things right. I did have to add more water in to get the dough to the "slack" state.
Opted for the egg white coating. We probably could've made 8 rolls, but we got 7. Devoured two of them hot and fresh. Yum.

Today we used them with pressure cooked sausage n' peppers. The buns were a bit flat but nice and airy with bread flour.

Last edited:

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah so Ironbite's alone for the week so that means feeding myself. So guess what I did.

379999603_6625461877499409_34314387936585793_n.jpg

Ironbite-shrimp fra diavlo is tonight's food stuff and it was so good.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yes....all you gotta do is watch a shit ton of youtube cooking videos and just wanting to cook.

Ironbite-it's not very hard to follow a recipe as well.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Is it possible to learn this power?
Have you ever seen Worst Cooks in America? :LOL:

I think I remember you making some food before? If you're not feeling confident, a good start is slow cooking with a recipe. Throw canned goods in the pot. Then you can escalate to chopping fresh ingredients. Find recipes with videos if you're unsure about some spots. It's ok to mess up, it can still work.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'd try it. I bet it's good.
Cheers. I mixed the egg with a block of tofu and added some herbs and seasoning, plus a pinch of tumeric to make it look more like scrambled egg. Even if I don't use eggs, using the above can make a fairly convincing vegan/vegetarian scrambled egg substitute.

The missus just made chocolate truffles and vanilla icecream versions for us.

IMG_20230924_142840.jpg

IMG_20230924_142822.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Cheers. I mixed the egg with a block of tofu and added some herbs and seasoning, plus a pinch of tumeric to make it look more like scrambled egg. Even if I don't use eggs, using the above can make a fairly convincing vegan/vegetarian scrambled egg substitute.

Okay, I'm sold. Turmeric is my favorite spice. I love adding it to pasta to give it some color and a warm flavor.

Little bacon wrapped meatloaf.

Yum. I grew up in a turkey meatloaf and turkey bacon household, so to me a proper meatloaf would be a delicacy.

This reminds me that I need to try my grandma's meatloaf recipe once she sends me all the details. Instead of bacon she tops it with soy sauce, which I'm told gives it the most delicious crispy exterior.

Top Bottom