Final Fantasy

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Wow! I just realized how much Reeve from FF VII looks like Alan Rickman.

IMG_2420.png

Is it just me?

Caldwin

Citizen
Crossover event is live. I was able to do a bit of it before going into work. Kinda makes me want to go back to XV except that I've already done everything.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Clear room in your hard drives. Rebirth is taking 145.7 GB of your PS5’s space. I definitely need to invest in a Hard Drive Extension. Getting tired of shuffling around my 5 games on and off the external drive I had for the PS4.

Caldwin

Citizen
I kinda figured it would be a big one. I'm hard pressed to think of a AAA game I've bought recently that's less than 100 gig.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I'm panicking a little. I haven't played Yuffie's chapter yet, and the game comes out tomorrow. Not that I HAVE to start it right away, but I want to avoid running into spoilers. Should I finish that ch first, or jump straight into Rebirth? 🤔

Caldwin

Citizen
I played it but it's honestly been a while. I don't remember too much about it other than it shows her in Midgar like a step behind the main group it seems. It kinda goes into why she's there and the people she knows.

I doubt either would spoil the other, especially considering Rebirth should still more or less follow the original game with broad brush strokes.

You probably don't even need to do it at all if you don't want to.

but if you really want to do it, it does chronological take place during the events at Midgar. It shouldn't take long to do it either.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'd forgotten how annoying the final duty of the event is. While you're not technically playing as a different character, your own powers are all but irrelevant. It's all about using the duty power.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
I played it but it's honestly been a while. I don't remember too much about it other than it shows her in Midgar like a step behind the main group it seems. It kinda goes into why she's there and the people she knows.

I doubt either would spoil the other, especially considering Rebirth should still more or less follow the original game with broad brush strokes.

You probably don't even need to do it at all if you don't want to.

but if you really want to do it, it does chronological take place during the events at Midgar. It shouldn't take long to do it either.

Slight update...there is a bonus if you complete Yuffie's DLC....pso maybe just go ahead and take the time to do it before playing Rebirth. Shouldn't take long.

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, done getting the Regalia on all my characters. It's a LOT easier if you have a tank job you can use, tanks barely take damage from anything except the big instakill, which does not instakill them. (Hint: just keep Garuda targeted so you can watch the progress bar on that, and then switch to a monolith and leap at the last second.)

---Dave

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Slight update...there is a bonus if you complete Yuffie's DLC....pso maybe just go ahead and take the time to do it before playing Rebirth. Shouldn't take long.
Too late, I started Rebirth over the weekend. Wish I knew about the demo giving bonuses beforehand. Oh well. I just got the chocobo.
Definitely seeing cues from other open world games and FFXIV once the world map becomes available. Just... so much to do! At least the towers highlight points of interest, but I have mixed feelings. I typically don't do well in open world games b/c it can get overwhelming. I know the side quests and mini games aren't necessary, and I'm not a completionist, but I also want to enjoy the game, but I also want to get to the main story, but... @_@
I had a rare 3-day weekend, but only got to spend about 6hrs playing. 😭

Caldwin

Citizen
This game is making me laugh my ass off. I'm completely assless. I have no ass.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Considering how slow I'm going (just finished the region data on the Grasslands), I'm going to avoid this thread for now so I don't run into spoilers. I still remember The Twist from the old FF7 PC version being spoiled when I was trying to find help on a glitch. 😭

Caldwin

Citizen
Should we maybe move Rebirth discussion to its own thread? I still highly value you and TMM's insights on XIV and what hate to lose out on them because of Rebirth stuff.

I didn't think I posted anything spoilery. Sorry if any of what I've posted could be considered as such.

Top Bottom