Final Fantasy

Dvandom

Citizen
Like all multi-character mounts, it's quite large and requires pulling the camera way back so you can see where you're going, but it's better than the Chocobo Carriage in that respect.

If you haven't done this event before, keep in mind it doesn't just give you the car, it temporarily unlocks the car in the MGP store for a few hundred thousand MGP.

---Dave

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Oof! Thanks for the heads up. I just googled it and it's 200,000 MGP. Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time grinding at the Gold Saucer in the near future.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Check your challenge log, there are a few weekly extras at the Gold Saucer you can do for a push. You can also get certificates for more MGP from the ongoing mog tome event and the weekly Wondrous Tails in Idyllshire.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The Hildebrand stories are the best. Welcome stupidity amongst the serious (sometimes depressing) world-saving main story. It's a very... Japanese sense of humor, I'm used to it so I love it.

It's kinda like if Game of Thrones had little clips of Inspector Gadget in it or something. Except this inspector is even more incompetent and has himbo strength instead of gadgets. I guess that would make Nashu Brain. And the WoL is Penny, naturally. Always has to clean up the Inspector's messes. 😆

Dvandom

Citizen
Oddly, the most recent Hildebrand arc has really depressing implications for Metieon's actions. I wouldn't have expected Hildy's goofy light-hearted arc to confirm the Endsinger successfully wiped out at least one perfectly healthy world all on her own, as opposed to just showing up when things were already collapsing or dead and then trying unsuccessfully to destroy her homeworld to spare it that fate.

---Dave

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
For comedy side quests, Hildebrand tends to have a lot of foreshadowing and dark implications that pay off elsewhere later. The ARR quests show that primals just need strong emotion and a power source, foreshadowing Hraesvelgr's later reveals about their true nature, while also showing the dark history of Ul'dah that gets unraveled more in the Sil'dihn Subterrane variant dungeon in Endwalker. HW's Grand Sers demonstrate how some of Ishgard's traditionalists aren't so willing to give up the old glory days and are more than happy to keep killing dragons, which is not only a big problem in the post-HW quests, but also comes back again in Endwalker in the caster role quest. Stormblood is the main exception, since the main story hasn't really gone back to Doma, and we still don't know what happened to Gilgamesh.

And of course there's no Hildy in Shadowbringers, except for a rare cameo in the Heroes' Gauntlet that's mostly a callback to a wordplay joke in the ARR quests that didn't translate well. (There was a bald man who confused Warrior of Light (Hikari no Senshi) with Gentleman of Light (Hikari no Shinshi). Apparently Elidibus's summoning spell made the same mistake.)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Sometimes you have to laugh to keep yourself sane with the craziness of the world.
qcGjLF5.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
So did Typhon, and given that Ultros sometimes appears in another GATE, I guess the Hildy quests are really just Godbert recruitment drives. Wonder if Pupu will join the show next.

Caldwin

Citizen
Oh no! The Final Fantasy thread has become a Hildibrand thread... AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!! 😭

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
If I had nickel for every time I've reported people for ERPing during the unskippable cutscenes in Praetorium, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Yes, really.

Caldwin

Citizen
*googles ERP*

Huh! I've never seen it myself. But people are weird, so it doesn't surprise me.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, since I'm all caught up on MSQ and I have the MGP I need for the car mount, I thought I'd try to get back into FF VI. It's one I've always wanted to get into, but the first time I played (I think it was the Advance version) that second moogle tower defense section kicked my ass.

I have never liked tower defense, but I hope I can get past it this time because I've only ever heard good about this game and I really want to experience more than just the first couple hours.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Final Fantasy XIV discussion.

Dvandom

Citizen
"Such exhibitionism was NOT my intention!" - Gaius Van Baelsar, reading the chat window during a cutscene

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
In the spirit of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth coming out, this shall be my WoL this week.

IMG_2981.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
Tempted, but I'm not sure if I should change my gameplay style simply for aesthetic.

Top Bottom