Final Fantasy

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I played the demo, didn't care much for it, and decided to wait for reviews. The reviews didn't grab me either.

But hey, free stuff.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I see the Dawntrail expansion up for preorder on PSN, but I don't see the special edition. I really want the special edition with its extras. Does that usually come later?

Edit:
Okay, I found the special edition. Weird thing, when I just did a search, it didn't come up (even though the base expansion did). But if I go to the Final Fantasy XIV product page and go to the add on tab, it was right there.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen

Benchmark goes live tomorrow, should include the character creator, with female Hrothgar. My PC choked on the Endwalker benchmark, so I'm sure it ain't gonna run this one very well either, but at least I can play around with the lionesses.

Dvandom

Citizen
Llamas!

I guess the Benchmark is not optimized yet or something, so it needs higher specs than the production version?

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
What is this benchmark and will it be available for consoles?

As far as Female Hrothgar goes, I may make a separate character for shits and giggles. I also can't wait to see them start populating around the world. But I just don't think I can bring myself to fantasia Neera. It would be like turning Static into a griffin. It just wouldn't be right.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The benchmark is basically a demo for PCs to see how yours will handle running the game. It gives you the full character creator with some preset outfits (or PC players can import their existing character) and then runs the trailer, with your character in place of Mr. Default Midlander there, and scores your performance. And yes, I'm pretty sure it's available on Mac too.

Caldwin

Citizen
Ah! So kinda needless for consoles, though early access to the character creator does sound nice. Can you bring any character you create (female Hrothgar or otherwise) into the main game?

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
It's the same exact character creator as the full game, so yeah, probably. I don't play on PC, so I dunno if it can be directly imported, but you can always just keep the settings and redo it manually once the early access launches at the end of June.

Caldwin

Citizen
Someone from my FC posted this. I'm stealing it.

IMG_2474.jpeg

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen

The Yo-kai Watch event is coming back for another run. Looks like it's the same version as last time it came through in Shadowbringers, so no new weapons for sage and reaper.

The article only mentions one mount, but there are three available during the event. The first is the Whisper-Go for collecting 13 weapons, second is the Whisper-a-Go-Go (which is basically the same, but with glowy effects) for 15, and the third is the Jibanyan Chair for all 17.

EiE5ex1WkAY_6l7.jpg

Dvandom

Citizen
Ugh, the site didn't mention how the mounts were attained. I don't really like most of the weapons, and certainly don't like them enough to do that much grinding.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
I've never played Yo-Kai Watch before. I think my time would be better spent working on my island.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I probably posted this before, but these are the dialogue options you get after grinding out and collecting the final weapon. I think it about sums it up.

EiE0vFFXcAYt6oL.jpg

Dvandom

Citizen
Welp, I've gotten two characters to the point where they have the Whisper-Go vehicle and one or two weapons. Probably the hardest part is competing against all the people who seem to have macros set up for FATE-spamming...several times I'd arrive at a FATE that was below 10% complete, and by the time I'd dismounted and hit Level Sync, it was over.

---Dave

Top Bottom