Final Fantasy

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy XIV

Is it possible to finish the main game within Level 60 or would you need to bump this up and
buy in to finish?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The free demo includes the base game, A Realm Reborn, and the first expansion, Heavensward. There are three more expansions after that (Stormblood, Shadowbringers, and Endwalker), with another (Dawntrail) scheduled for next summer.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So...no. Even if you've bought in to all of the expansions so far, new expansions will keep coming for as long as the servers exist. That's pretty much the point of MMO's. The "main game" never ends. At most, you catch up with the latest expansion and then wait for the next one to arrive.

But as far as the Realm Reborn and Heavensward (the free bits) go, yeah, you can make it within 60. In fact, not sure but you may even be capped at 60.

Dvandom

Citizen
There's a lot of play value possible on a free account, especially if you do all the side quests and explore as many classes/jobs as you can. But the things you can't do are significant (no Free Company, no exchanging stuff or money with friends' characters, a fairly low cap on in game currency), plus a few of the classes that you could otherwise start playing once you have anything at L50 are locked behind DLC. One of the members of my Sunday night group played free for around a year, only going paid once we all finished Heavensward.

Meanwhile:
1691769237871.png

1691769262652.png

(I didn't screenshot my other two characters in their Phoenix suits, but I got 'em for everyone last night.)

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Realm Reborn and Heavensward is a lot of content. If you even make it through all of the free content, by then chances are pretty good you'll know if you want to continue playing with a subscription.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy IX

I started Disk 2 and have Zidane's party with a 21 and Garnett's party with an 18 so hopefully I should have an advantage for the rest of the game being 7 stronger than recommended

Caldwin

Citizen
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to wait until this evening, but I definitely want that mount.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'm not keen on huge mounts that fill the screen, but I suppose it'll be an easy get.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm going to see how many of the Kamuy mounts I can get. They aren't cheap though. There's going to be a lot of dungeon crawling in my future.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The kamuis also drop from Extreme trials in Stormblood, but even at level 90 those are a bit rough to try to solo (and a couple, like Susano, are impossible to solo). You could always check Party Finder if you want to try them.

Collect all seven and it unlocks a short quest to get a Tamamo-no-Mae mount. Big angry kitsune.

Caldwin

Citizen
I want to see how many I can get with the tomestones first. If I can get one or two of them, that might be enough for me so I don't have to deal with that.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2666.jpeg

Got my second dog. I think I'm done with the festival now. I've got some Mass that needs Effecting.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Omg, I finally picked up the strength to continue playing World of Final Fantasy. I got stuck fighting Odin horseback knight in the postscript cuz he kept doing an instant kill attack on his 10th attack. I was too lazy to do the tip of summoning a beast so the beast takes all the damage.

Internet was down for the night so, yeeeeeah, I played it again. Beat him on the third try, FINALLY!

But with no internet, I didn't know what to do next. All I remembered before was that I needed four important summons and Odin was the last one. So I just did side quests.

With new back, turns out I had to find a kyubi. So that's what I'm doing next and hopefully I can beat the final boss after.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Destron reminded me that there's a newly released FF7 mobile game out. FF7 Ever Crisis.
Basic concept is to relive classic moments from FF7 and Crisis Core. There's also a new story about the first Shinra Soldiers and a young Sephi (haven't unlocked it yet).
Graphics have cute chibis during maps/dialogue, and HD full body graphics for the fights.
Here's some screenshots I took. Liking the profile pic art. Some from the current summer event, too.

Worst thing is the download times. After the main game downloads, you can try to dowload all assets, but it always times out on me. I've lost count on all the minor downloads I've had, and I only started this game yesterday.
Anothe complaint is that there isn't any option to skip battles you've beaten if you want to replay it. There's auto mode and FFW, but it still gets boring especially if you're grinding for the events. I have a crap ton of stamina+ items that are maxed out at 99qty, plus you get full stamina recovery when leveling up... I do not want my phone playing itself for long periods of time.

Replaying FF7 and Crisis Core... Haven't gotten too far, but I played FF7R and CC somewhat recently so they're fresh in my mind. It's kinda like a highlight reel, cuts off stuff and I've started just skipping them. I just want to check out the new story and events. And of course, you have your standard gacha (aka "draws" in-game), limited time offers, etc etc to try to get your money.

It's pretty cool, but I don't think I'll play for long unless they implement a Skip feature for replaying battles.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ugh, finally done with World of Final Fantasy Maxima. There's STILL another extra ending, by beating the final boss again after doing extra stuff but I don't want to do these tedious fights anymore, aaaaaaah!

I only beat the boss by using three summons.
Now I can finally FINALLY play Breath of the Wild. It's been years!

Top Bottom