Escalating anti-LGBT+ hate and the terrorism it inspires

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
I truly believe that the GOP trained its sights on transgenders because homophobia was becoming too unpopular. They always need someone to despise and vilify, but the political cost/benefit ratio for aggressive homophobia was not good anymore.

If transgenders ever become too popular to openly hate, the GOP will find someone else to target.

Anonymous X

Citizen
FB friend:
Pretty much, right? I mean, over here the Tories wouldn’t risk doing anything overtly homophonic (and it was their government who legalised equal marriage), but trans people, perfectly acceptable scapegoat. Not coincidentally using the same sort of language their party used against gay, lesbian and bi people up until the early ‘00s, if not later.

NovaSaber

Citizen

A school district in Nebraska is getting sued after it shut down a high school newspaper, allegedly in retaliation for the newspaper publishing an edition on LGBTQ+ issues.

“It is hard to find words for what it felt like watching people who were supposed to be supporting our education instead silence us for covering issues impacting our lives,” said Marcus Pennell in a statement. He is a former student at Northwest High School, he is a plaintiff on the lawsuit, and he’s transgender. “I was crushed.”

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
When you're a man who cosplays as a cowboy even though your only horses are hiding under the hood of a jacked-up Ford F-150, maybe you should stfu about the dangers of men dressing as women.

That goes triple for guys who cosplay as Special Forces operators at the grocery store and think they're heroes. I'd rather have ten drag queens around a bunch of children than one Travis Bickle.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen

So US "conservatives" are just literally openly wanting genocide now.
This isn’t new.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
His entire church should be burned to the ground with him and his congregants inside.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Also not a good sign that Target is actually giving the bigots an inch:

Also, bigots want to be above the law, and the scary thing is that at least the religious groups have a chance of actually getting their way:

Nevermore

Citizen
Yeah. They're identifying the strategy as an ultra right-wing intimidation method that's also seeing use in Germany.

And calling Matt Walsh a fascist using fascist methods. "Surprise."

NovaSaber

Citizen
More about the Target thing:

There's lots there, but I want to call attention to:

L03kfa1.jpeg

QThnxU1.jpeg

h2oAuwd.jpeg

Top Bottom