Conspiracy lunatic thread - people who believe in absurd nonsense are dangerous

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You know, the really great thing about the Alex Jones ruling isn't what he's going to owe people. Because really, if you go to your grave owing people way more than you've ever had and they're left holding the bag, who's really the winner? No, the great thing is the precedent it sets: that it is in fact possible for someone to owe people a billion, with a B, dollars just for lying on the air.

If we can take one idiot with a niche audience for a hundred times what he could ever possibly be worth, imagine what we could do to Fox News.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Four times. Four times his worth. Everything alex jones did netted him a net worth of roughly 250 million, which he started playing shell games with before the ruling ever even dropped. I heard that number kicked around in a couple of the new clips I saw.

Yeah: that's what lying, harrassing, torturing and enticing to murder gets you in the US. Quarter billion dollars.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Not that he'll ever pay a single penny unless the courts start seizing his assets and do it themselves.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's in his best interest to not only start paying, but letting the court setup a repayment plan then abidding by it. If he refuses: the bailiffs will tear into it, they'll reposses his assets and flog them at mad reduction just to move them. Basically if he refuses to pay, he ends in a place where he literally cannot pay them back.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It would've also been in his best interest to comply with the courts from the beginning, or to hire more competent lawyers, or not to brag on his radio show that he's never gonna pay up. Guy's an asshole, and he's never gonna pay unless the law steps in and makes him. And he'll cry about it the entire time.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Honestly, there's no "rooting" for him not to pay.
He's not going to pay.

At this point let's just skip the pleasentries and throw his ass in a 8x8 hole in the ground.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
why 8x8.. I'm sure he could probably fit in a 4x4
Strangely enough, I actually don't want to see Alex Jones dead.

Because like Limbaugh and Fred Phelps before him, when Jones kicks off he'll be forgotten. All his vitriol and hate vanishing like smoke in a heavy breeze as it stops polluting the room.

I want Jones to live with having his platform taken away, his livelihood taken away, and his freedoms taken away. I want the man to spend the rest of his life with a single hour of direct exposure to sunlight and the rest of the time he gets to take in the world outside his walls and how his absence is neither remarked upon nor particularly noticed.

Because for men like Alex Jones, nothing is worse for them than to be utterly ignored.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
And then he has permission to die?

**** no.
I want that slob to be a brain in a jar kept alive by legacy systems long after the building he's stored at falls into disrepair.

These sick wackos want to be immortal. Fine. Enjoy your immortality.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I have no idea what you're talking about. *Shifty eyes*

Attachments

• 9a20fa980bb560211ccc5c325e2ba2af8824a9149536802dcff9d9f63b91c114_1.jpg
    9a20fa980bb560211ccc5c325e2ba2af8824a9149536802dcff9d9f63b91c114_1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 67

Nevermore

Citizen
Wait, he tweeted that at Hillary Clinton?

And quotes the Santa Monica Obsever?

About that...

Here in Germany, we call this "own goal", named after the football term for a player accidentally landing the ball in their own team's goal.

Last edited:

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Makes me glad when Twitter's board approved the sale to Musk, I perma-deleted my seldom used account.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Just so you guys know, Musk will be selling Twitter as soon as he can. It doesn't make enough money for anything other then keeping it's lights on and Musk is such a dumbass, he can't even do that. I expect about 2 years of this crap before we can expect a fire sale.

Ironbite-it'll be like Tumblr and Yahoo all over again.

Top Bottom