Conspiracy lunatic thread - people who believe in absurd nonsense are dangerous

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
If all he needed to sway the gullible masses is that, why would he bother with the effort of finding something better?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Speaking as a Christian who believes in Satan, I will admit I thought far, far higher of the being than I should have if Donald Trump is the best he can come up with for an Anti-Christ.
He was probably as surprised as the rest of us at how successful Trump ended up being as an agent of chaos.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
SjsLREv.jpg

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
What's funny about this is where ever you can buy the bill from, all the websites stress the fact it is not legal tender. So the couple in this story likely bought it second hand if they thought it was real tender. My guess is they paid over $1000 for it. Classic Money Box variant.

What isn't funny is after discovering everywhere that sells the bill stresses it isn't legal tender, my automatic assumption isn't to dismiss the story as a fake, but rather just assign stupidity on behalf of the people trying to cash it in. Honestly, that feels the more believable scenario.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Oh no, that's been a thing for decades. It's just gotten far more blatantly stupid since Trump ripped the last shreds of the mask off.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
American exceptionalism has always been stupid. "We're going to do better than everyone else because of where we were born and the country we were born into, and because of that we deserve everything". It's stupidity incarnate.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I feel like were that truly the case, we'd have been the perpetrators of two major geo-political conflicts within the 20th Century instead of the late arrivals to both.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Lots of nations over the course of history have done it: american eceptionalism is just the most recent incarnation. Unless we look to russia, and whatever the hell they call this most contemporary colonial push.

NovaSaber

Citizen
I wanted to link that video ASAP because it might get taken down again, but now I've got time to summarize some highlights (lowlights?) for those who understandably don't have time to watch it:

1. Matt Walsh is deliberately deceptive in pretty much every way possible, including selective editing to make it look like people who disagree with him aren't answering him. (And I think it was Jessie Gender's first video about this that exposed how he even used a fake name to get some of those interviews.)
2. He "my black friend"s an entire African tribe.
3. His conspiracy theories about trans people closely parallel things the Nazis said about Jews before WWII.
4. He's a self-admitted theocratic fascist.
5. He's obsessed with children's reproductive anatomy and fertility. He literally thinks the same teenagers he's pretending are not old enough to consent to medical treatment are old enough to become parents.
6. He pushes the "great replacement" idea. This ties into the above; he wants all white women to become baby factories to outbreed other races.
7. He at one point implies that he thinks different races are different species?
8. TERFs are split on whether or not to support this blatant anti-feminist; JK Rowling is unsurprisingly on the dumber half of that split.
9. The fact that his stuff is still on YouTube while Jessie Gender's video had to be censored and re-uploaded shows how sadly successful attempts by bigots to shape the perception of what is and isn't "mainstream" or "controversial" have been.
10. His lies have led to bomb threats against a children's hospital.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah...reach for those stars guys. Make every penny this man ever makes go to you. Get the residuals and royalties from all his works and everything. Do it.

Ironbite-and erase him from the world.

Top Bottom