Climate change (because it's still political for some reason)

NovaSaber

Citizen
t1.png

MrBlud

Citizen
I can’t really blame them. This is going to keep happening with *increasing* frequency if anything.

How many times can you (should you) keep paying to rebuild the same house if the same damn thing destroys it every 3-5 years?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I say literally the same thing about quebec... yet they still keep coming. Either stupidity abounds, or desperation forces.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Been seeing similar temps here in Rhode Island this week, too. This used to be the time to start breaking out the fall jackets.....

wonko the sane?

Citizen
We've been hitting the forties with the humidity this last week. Sure, we get an indian summer once every few years, and september isn't exactly cold, but it's ludicrous.

MrBlud

Citizen
My Daughter’s school was cancelled last Tuesday on account of heat IN SEPTEMBER.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Hope you're all managing to deal with the heat somehow.

It's pretty difficult to manage these sort of high temperature here in the UK; our residential buildings were built to insulate rather than dissipate heath, and we don't have air conditioning in our typical homes. Also, what was considered an unusually hot summer day typical is/was in 18-20 degrees C region, so we're not used to deal with 10 degrees above that, particularly with having such a humid climate.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Growing up where I did, Summers were pretty much always over 90° F with high humidity thanks to the Gulf of Mexico. I never got used to it. We did have AC though. Can't imagine how bad it feels to those not accustomed to that kind of climate.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
We've always had 90 degree summers and below zero winters here. Now the summers last longer and the winters are mostly dry. I think I had to shovel snow once last winter. Compared to just a few years ago when we had to shovel the roof off because the snow was piled up so high.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Meanwhile, the Tory government here announced yesterday they were junking most of their (incredibly weak) climate change mitigation policies, and doubled-down on “climate change isn’t our problem”-ism ahead of a general election next year.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It looks like the conservatives will take a minority in the next canadian federal election: which means that what little effort trudeau and the liberals have put in will be undone. It'll also be the greenlight for the provinces to ignore what environmental policy they put in or had force upon them. Some won't take that up because they actually want climate protections, but there's a line of them out in the prairies that'll happily smoke the skies black.

Top Bottom