Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'd think the Seeker mold would be a great way to recoup costs. It can be used for how many characters now?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can say I've honestly been surprised at the lack of use of either the Earthrise Seeker molds. I know they've done a couple of Selects versions of Ramjet, but nothing else from the Starscream mold but the initial 3. Seems like a waisted opportunity to me.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I can say I've honestly been surprised at the lack of use of either the Earthrise Seeker molds. I know they've done a couple of Selects versions of Ramjet, but nothing else from the Starscream mold but the initial 3. Seems like a waisted opportunity to me.
I would have thought they'd try the Welcoming Committee (Hotlink, Bitstream, Sunstorm, and Nacelle). I know they did Hotlink from the Siege mold at least, but not the others. And they could have done the unreleased G2 Seeker Blackout if they wanted.

For the Coneheads, it would have been neat to see Earthrise Thrust redecoed into Blast (he appeared in two episodes!). Not sure what they could have done with Dirge. Maybe a homage to Armada Thrust's Powerlinx form?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Right? It seems like there are a ton of obvious repaints that would sell like hotcakes. We've currently got Buzzworthy, Selects, and even Shattered Glass as additional outlets outside of the main line for repaints. Give me:

Sunstorm
Season 1 Generic Air Warrior
Blackout
Navy Ramjet (with a new name/identity)
Jungle Attack Starscream (with a new name/identity)
Action Master Thundercracker

Not to mention the million other background seekers there have been over the years, plus references to seeker color schemes from other non-G1 series. I'm not saying I have the budget to afford all of those, but I'd buy several, and I think plenty of other people would, too.

Dake

Citizen
I've had the same thought but the thing is - they only made 7 general release versions of the Classics version too. All the other stuff came from the Club (or Takara).

If we still had the club, I'm sure we'd have doubled the number of Seekers. I'm more surprised the KO makers haven't stepped up like they did last time around.

But yes... I'd really like for them to find a way to get more Earthrise Seeker molds out too.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've had the same thought but the thing is - they only made 7 general release versions of the Classics version too. All the other stuff came from the Club (or Takara).

If we still had the club, I'm sure we'd have doubled the number of Seekers. I'm more surprised the KO makers haven't stepped up like they did last time around.

But yes... I'd really like for them to find a way to get more Earthrise Seeker molds out too.
That is a good point, however, we do have Generations Selects now, which kind of picked up where the club left off as far as generating repaints to be more obscure characters. That would probably be a better avenue to release more than putting them in the Buzzworthy line.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I've been wanting a generic purple Seeker this whole time. It seems obvious but they do that color scheme so rarely. We get Acid Storm more often and he was in one episode.
It is actually stunning how many Acid Storms HasTak have produced. Like someone at Hasbro loves that green scheme and always pushes for it.

Universe, Thrilling 30, and Siege for the main lines. And for the additional lines there are more. Kre-O. Bot Shots. Alt-Modes. Tiny Titans. Flame Toys. Jada Toys. They keep rolling in.

But the true WOW moment comes when you realize Acid Storm had a MASTERPIECE FIGURE. 🤯

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We did need more green bots, so I am glad Acid Storm got all this attention. I just want Air Warrior to get some attention too. He gets nothing.
Hotlink is basically in that Air Warrior color scheme.

TL_Hotlink-toy.jpg

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Hotlink is basically in that Air Warrior color scheme.

TL_Hotlink-toy.jpg
He kind of is, but the colors aren't in the right place. The legs should be all purple and the chest should be white to match Air Warrior.

Though the white thighs are inaccurate for Hotlink as well. Hmm. 🤨

Top Bottom