Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love that the design team fully committed to the ridiculous-yet-screen-accurate idea of the vehicle modes being completely Cybertronian yet the robot modes having all of their Earth-mode kibble.

I can definitely see the arguments against it, but its such a bizarre, fun little feature that I really enjoy.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This comment is a trap, right?

Nope, actually, just my mistake. Meant the Studio Series one. I get forgetful as to which line a lot of figures come out in.

It is a good mold, though. I bought the Jackpot version, and it's a lot of fun.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Okay, so now we have Origin Bee and Origin Jazz. Assuming we get Wheeljack at some point, here's my weird brain association for the day:

I want Bee, Jazz, and Wheeljack figures in "Cybertron Defense" forms, ala Hot Shot, Red Alert, and Scattorshot. They have to return to Cybertron in upgraded forms to combat...something (an infestation of Deluxe Insecticons, perhaps?). It would be interesting to see those 3 reimagined in combat-dedicated forms.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Nope, actually, just my mistake. Meant the Studio Series one. I get forgetful as to which line a lot of figures come out in.
You also meant the "Reveal the Shield" one. Classics had been dead some three years by the time of that figure's release.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1675803335735.gif

(We need a TF version of this gif, or some equivalent.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Since the new Jazz toy was revealed in this stream (and since the title of this thread emphasizes the "everything goes" aspect of Buzzworthy Bumblebee), here's a recording of yesterday's roundtable Q&A with Hasbro:

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
The Siege jets, and even the Bumblebee Movie designs are far more "inspired by" than actual representations like this Jazz and Bee were.

I love it. Gimmee Wheeljack next.

A Wheeljack with a cargo space in back big enough for Origins Bumblebee? Or is that wishful thinking?

(I may have answered my own question there...)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Got mine as well! This and Origin BB's ability to get the G1 bot modes complete with Earth-mode kibble out of the Cybertronian vehicle modes continues to amaze me.

RCX

Citizen
Sold out on PULSE, still available at Target at moment.
As much as I love Origins Bee, this Jazz has got it beat. The vehicle kibble all over Bee's robot mode definitely take it down a peg, whereas Jazz does an excellent job at hiding it. Bee's saucer-mode is mostly to blame for this, but if you're comparing robot modes alone, Jazz wins.

Top Bottom