Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I am talking specifically about a first-episode-of-G1-style toy. They knocked both Bumblebee and Jazz out of the park, and I feel like the current team could do Wheeljack justice as well.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I really hope Bumblebee can fit inside him. I'd pay voyager to leader prices to make this happen.

I doult even a voyager would be able to fit a deluxe inside of him, after all, the current trailer for G1 looking OP cannot take a standard deluxe inside of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do him as a voyager, but part of the budget goes on a minifigure that looks like G1 BB, but is very similar to what we got with SS86 Grimlock, while the main figure is a standard deluxe size, also, I doult Hasbro would want to give up a valuable leader slot for Wheeljack, of course, when they originally did G1 pilot, they had no idea that fourty odd years later, they would be making toys based upon that openning scene!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Didn't they stick Ironhide into Ratchet at one point in the toon? Not to mention Cosmos flying around with a non-transformed Blaster. It's best to ignore "But character A fit inside character B" when translating these designs to physical objects.

Bumblebee literally drives into Wheeljack's altmode, while in his own altmode, which is way, WAY wider than his botmode due to the wings. You ain't getting that as a deluxe or even a voyager.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Wheeljack will be a new Clown class, where his alt-mode, due to more cost-cutting, is the same size as Origins Jazz, but fits Bumblebee, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide IN Ratchet, Cosmos, Blaster, and Trypticon all inside him at once, and then HE will drive out of Optimus Prime's trailer with several other full-sized Autobots, while the trailer was in Astrotrain. Or he would have had Devestator, who was already in there, not stepped on it. Whoopsie.

43520868315_e6abd774a5_c.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wheeljack will be a new Clown class, where his alt-mode, due to more cost-cutting, is the same size as Origins Jazz, but fits Bumblebee, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide IN Ratchet, Cosmos, Blaster, and Trypticon all inside him at once, and then HE will drive out of Optimus Prime's trailer with several other full-sized Autobots, while the trailer was in Astrotrain. Or he would have had Devestator, who was already in there, not stepped on it. Whoopsie.

43520868315_e6abd774a5_c.jpg
And Optimus Prime's trailer inside Astrotrain is pulled not by Optimus himself but instead by Huffer, who is in turn driven by Hoist.

MakeHoistHuffer.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
^ I like that idea. Instead of a blast effect or somesuch, they could include a little UFO Bumblebee, and a storage feature for Wheeljack's alt mode. I honestly wouldn't mind paying the Voyager-tier cost if they were willing to do something like that.

Lobjob

Citizen
I still find it amazing that in this era anyone confidently says "no" about anything.

Dake

Citizen
That does point out the real problem though - to have that much interior volume means almost the entire bot has to fit in the front end. He'd be a heck of a shell-former.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Shellforming isn't to bad at times, depending how its handled, but in this case, I think maybe they could have Wheeljack be something a kin to G1 Rodimus, where you have a seperate vehicle that is likely the robot mode legs and the compartment opens up into a work station/battle platform and you detach the weapon to put another figure inside of it.

Top Bottom