Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I would 100% be up for Red BB and Yellow Cliffjumper *if* they were released as new characters. That apparently isn't the current team's style though.

-ZacWilliam, still dreaming of a whole team of a throttlebots someday.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
FWIW, Entertainment Earth appears to be getting some exclusive overstock. T-Wrecks, Studio Series CJ and Kup, and they HAD the World's Collide pack, but it sold out pretty quick it seems. There's also some Beast Wars reissues as well.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I would 100% be up for Red BB and Yellow Cliffjumper *if* they were released as new characters. That apparently isn't the current team's style though.

-ZacWilliam, still dreaming of a whole team of a throttlebots someday.

I mean, the names Cliffbee, Bumblejumper, and Bumper are right there. Probably wouldn't take much for Hasbro to lay claim to them. The only issue is, fan speculation is that the VW license only allows for Bumblebee figures (which is, the theory goes, part of the reason Glyph hasn't appeared as a figure yet). If that is the case, I would take Red Bumblebee and Gold Battlemask Bumblebee and Blue Battlemask Bumblebee as figures over not getting them because of a name.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, and it doesn't mean fiction can't repurpose them later -- we've seen that happen plenty of times.

MrBlud

Citizen
Given Stereo Soundwave is locked into timed mold/remold exclusivity with Walmart; that seems the more likely culprit over VW only wanting Bumblebee.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I was kind of hoping they would reveal the set today and it would be order it tomorrow. Guess we just have to see what tomorrow brings.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Given Stereo Soundwave is locked into timed mold/remold exclusivity with Walmart; that seems the more likely culprit over VW only wanting Bumblebee.
If we had gotten anything than Bumblebee in the Masterpiece line, I'd be more inclined to believe that. :/

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
So it does not look like the Goldbug set is the Target release today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-053255_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-053255_Chrome.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 84

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I wonder if it'll go up on Target today too despite it not being in the teaser graphic. Weird timing coincidence if not.

-ZacWilliam, also: 1) Put Goldbug's back on his back so he looks like a proper Throttlebot stupid package photo, and 2) I need that set damn it, hope it's as easy to find as the last 4 pack

The Phazer

Citizen
They even kept Goldbug a yellow-y gold rather than a gold-ish brown, nice.

Well, except that I was in a meeting and ID Toys already sold out. Hopefully they get some more...

Blot

Citizen
They even kept Goldbug a yellow-y gold rather than a gold-ish brown, nice.

Well, except that I was in a meeting and ID Toys already sold out. Hopefully they get some more...
It's nice, since Netflix Bumblebee is near orange shade of yellow rather than something brighter. I mean sure it means Hubcap stands out more, but it also means Hubcap's tauntingly the color I feel Bee should be.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very happy to see VW Goldbug. I had been wanting Ransack, and had come around to the idea of Skywarp and Scorponok as Waruders enemies for my increasingly large Team Diaclone, so I had already mentally shifted this set into the "probably buy" column. With a VW Goldbug, it's now something I'm really wanting.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
While I'm happy to see that Goldbug does indeed use the VW body, I do wish that they could've at least given him remolded shoulders/biceps so he would be just a little more accurate in bot mode, and not just Bumblebee with a different head and painted gold.

Top Bottom