Activision-Blizzard Thread: Just announced the Layoffs of 1900 jobs.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
ooh,. a Hexen 3 would be fun! I wonder if they still have the Heavy Gear license too, come to think of it.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I believe Activision owns most of the old Sierra IPs, so they've got QUITE a bit to mine from JUST from that.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I was going to make a snide remark here... but yeah, if we could get a new space quest, I am on board for that.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Microsoft can barely juggle the IPs they already have. Just today Loading Ready Run ran a story about how, according to Phil Spencer, they've got the QA teams from all their departments combined working on cleaning up the mess Starfield inevitably turned into, leading multiple people to comment "Well that explains Redfall then."

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yep.. The FTC has never forgiven Microsoft for that.. They have ignored other blatant Monopolies just to focus on ANYTHING to go after Microsoft... Seriously.. They are like Toku Villians, completely forgetting about what their objective is for... just to get petty revenge.

Ah, whoops... my bad.

Though with some of the stuff Sony has said throughout this process, can you blame me for the mistake?

I wonder what they could revive?

1686908117454.png

Beats me.

1686908184575.png

I don't think they've given much thought to it.

Ungnome

Citizen
Microsoft can barely juggle the IPs they already have. Just today Loading Ready Run ran a story about how, according to Phil Spencer, they've got the QA teams from all their departments combined working on cleaning up the mess Starfield inevitably turned into, leading multiple people to comment "Well that explains Redfall then."
Given Bethesda's track record, this decision was understandable.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Actually Redwall happened because Microsoft did the exact opposite of what people were afraid they'd be doing. Instead of managing then companies they bought like people feared... they let them self manage.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Cut to announcing the new Guitar Hero game exclusive to Xbox One, Series S, and PC.

I wish at least.....

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's not sounding that way.

Aside from Kotick himself saying he's selling because he wants out (and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him), I've seen some compelling arguments for why he'd want out.

Time will tell, though.

Ungnome

Citizen
Microsoft will sell it to another company to run. Same thing they did to the Asheron's Call games.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Or we get World of Elder Scrollscraft Online?

Considering they're still running ESO under the existing devs, I expect WoW will remain its own beast under Blizzard devs. I do wonder if they'll try to release it on Xbox though, or start having the UI restructured to allow for that...

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Or we get World of Elder Scrollscraft Online?

Considering they're still running ESO under the existing devs, I expect WoW will remain its own beast under Blizzard devs. I do wonder if they'll try to release it on Xbox though, or start having the UI restructured to allow for that...
I might actually start playing WoW again if it was released on Gamepass.

Or also put it on Switch, and even PS.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The biggest obstacle is the number of abilities, hence why I suspect they'd need to redo the UI. Back when I played, you NEEDED 10 just for most of your regular abilities, and there were a host of situational side abilities or toggles for auras and such. ESO handles that dilemma with the weapon swap giving you 2 bars of 6 abilities each, so you're limited to 10-12 period. STO(which is as bad or worse than WOW on situational or regular use abilities) handles that by letting you set a bunch of abilities on auto-fire so they fire off as soon as they're off cooldown. Unless they've really pared down abilities in WoW, I don't see either approach being a fit for WoW's controls on a gamepad - perhaps maybe a macro-builder? It'd be a bit clunkier than manually running your rotation but that might be a solution.

Top Bottom