Activision-Blizzard Thread: Just announced the Layoffs of 1900 jobs.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think that you can do it to where it can be very playable. It's not going to compare to the PC and all the custom UI stuff they have, but I am sure that they could figure out a way. Maybe even make a special controller or a wireless keyboard for it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I play Final Fantasy XIV on PS5, where most jobs have a good 15 or more actions to keep track of, plus universal stuff like mounts, the Teleport and Return transportation actions, miscellaneous skills like Sprint and Limit Break, and other stuff that's probably slipping my mind right now. The number of actions isn't really a huge hurdle to overcome, depending on how they handle the UI.

Of course, if high-end raiding is still as dependent on add-ons as it was back when I was into WoW, that's a whole other problem.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
THe FTC lawyers during all of this.
Golum Sony.jpg

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
That was literally the argument that FTC came up with.

Ironbite-ug.
And that is going to be their argument on the appeal too.

That's the problem when the judge fricken told them, "You are not Sony's Lawyers."... Honestly she should have ruled in favor of MS at that point exactly.

I would be interested in hearing good arguements, but he FTC didn't give any.. at all.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Hanlon's razor be damned, I have a hard time believing the entire FTC is this incompetent. Betcha my life that enough money to talk changed hands under the table at some point. If not with the FTC themselves, then with whoever's responsible for appointing the people in charge of it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hanlon's razor be damned, I have a hard time believing the entire FTC is this incompetent. Betcha my life that enough money to talk changed hands under the table at some point. If not with the FTC themselves, then with whoever's responsible for appointing the people in charge of it.
Ironic, really. If Sony paid them off, then... well, it might have been better for them if they hadn't.

Yes, irony... delicious, scrumptious irony...

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Of course money is changing hands. After all, bribery lobbying is the grease that the whole legal system runs on.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

FTC's appeal has been shot down.

Now they just got to get the rubber stamp in the UK and this deal might be done by Tuesday.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Could the UK singlehandedly block this? Would Microsoft have to choose between calling off the deal and divesting of their entire UK division or something?

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Could the UK singlehandedly block this? Would Microsoft have to choose between calling off the deal and divesting of their entire UK division or something?

Basically if the IK tries to block this.. MS could literally say "Okay... you win." and just removes ALL unsold hardware, Software, LICENSES, geoblock servers....

Top Bottom