Activision-Blizzard Thread: Just announced the Layoffs of 1900 jobs.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i'm looking forward to call of duty doing as well under microsoft's umbrella as halo is now.

this is satire because microsoft somehow managed to kill their mascot franchise

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
i'm looking forward to call of duty doing as well under microsoft's umbrella as halo is now.

this is satire because microsoft somehow managed to kill their mascot franchise

I think that the single player content in Halo has been great, but the Multiplayer content just can't compete with all the other shooters out there.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just going to say that Halo Infinite was my first 3D Halo experience, and I loved it, but I've not touched the multiplayer, as I'm not ready for that yet.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Color me surprised that Infinite even has a single-player campaign because I thought it was meant to be the franchise's shift into always-online live-service territory. Or is it like Splatoon and modern Call of Duty where the campaign only exists so they can continue to legally sell physical copies and it lasts like five hours?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's official! While there are still appeals in process (due to be addressed in December), barring a major change, Microsoft now owns Activision Blizzard.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick will remain until the end of the year. No timeline yet when ActBlizz legacy content will be added to Gamepass.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
We've already started seeing Blizzard games released on Steam, of all places. It's possible the timing of that has nothing to do with anything, but the part of me that tries to find meaning in things is curious, especially since Microsoft has also started doing that lately.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
WoW already has controller support.. it was added back around BFA form what I recall reading. Given the XBox is basically a PC, there's not much of a barrier to bringing it across at this point.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Did they already discontinue the Mac version (because it's not compatible with the new ARM Macs), or do we have to wait for Microsoft to step in and make them?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Did they already discontinue the Mac version (because it's not compatible with the new ARM Macs), or do we have to wait for Microsoft to step in and make them?
World of Warcraft is compatible with Apple Silicon, it was actually one of the first games to get a native version.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
WoW already has controller support.. it was added back around BFA form what I recall reading. Given the XBox is basically a PC, there's not much of a barrier to bringing it across at this point.

It has "controller support" but it's utter shit, it's not real controller support like FF14 or ESO.

Also, lets be honest, WoW's abilities need to be trimmed down.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Goodbye Bobby!
CTR_Victory_Crash_Dance_gif.gif

Top Bottom