Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looks like a truck grill to me.
It's way too flat and basic, compared to both the originals and the Takara proto, all of which had molded ridges that were far more pronounced, more defined, and more visually-striking:

stdoptimusprime046.jpg

1677088363687-png.12093

OP_012.jpeg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'll be honest, I still have no idea what the two bolded ones are. Clearly whatever those words are didn't come over to the US in any capacity that I recognize,
The first word is used in America, I think:
- https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/skank

The video link uses this term, but also the f-bomb, so viewer discretion is advised as it's NSFW:

-

The other is British, and while possibly not as overtly offensive/obvious as Sl*g, still isn't something you would call your mother either. It's more akin to "fishwife" or "harridan":

And now folks, we now know what NOT to use if we are in charge of the "New Dinobot Character Naming Division" in the future.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Isn't that just an Armada Overload toy they stuck on there?
It looks like that’s all they did, which is why I wanna see more pictures of it. Be cool if they actually used Armada Overload and Jetfire as part of the design / combining process to go with him.

I think most of us would prefer new versions, especially if Overload. But I could see Hasbro use the old toys to avoid making new ones.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The thing that frustrates me the most is when they overthink the assignment. It's like they get superstitious. Sometimes they stare at the obvious solution, and it's like they think it's too obvious. It can't be that obvious. They have to be missing something. So they invent the thing they're missing. They invent a problem for themselves to solve, and sometimes they don't solve it all that well, when it never needed to be a problem in the first place.

This is not one of those times. They focused everything on the challenging parts of the design and didn't overthink the rest of it. This is the most Armada looking Armada update ever.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This looks awesome thou I guess the only way to attach Overload is by using the Minicon and resting on its shoulders, so hopefully they'll do a updated verison of him and Armada Jetfire

NovaSaber

Citizen
It’s still considered a four-letter word over here, not an obscure term at all, and you wouldn’t call a female colleague that word unless you wanted to lose your job. It’s pretty obvious why the character’s legacy name has been changed – no different to when that Power Core Combiners figure “Spastic” was renamed before release (in British terms that was like giving a Transformer character the name “******”). Call it critical research failure on behalf of whoever named Slag back in the ‘80s, but I don’t really blame American writers back in the pre-internet age for not being experts in British English.
I understand why both are changed, but I don't agree with "no different".
One of those words is still derogatory (and considered offensive by some) even in the meaning Hasbro intended, just far less so than the British-specific meaning.

Incidentally, "slag" (unrelated to the English word) actually means "hit" or "punch" in the Scandinavian languages, from the same etymology as the English "slug" meaning the same thing.
Which makes me even more certain that the intended meaning of the name change to "Slug" is that, not the "bullet" meaning some insist on.

Top Bottom