Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If anything, they could have just kept Slapper's Japanese name "Goosher", like they did for Gas Skunk.

Well, "Gaskunk", but they're both pronounced the same in English.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If anything, they could have just kept Slapper's Japanese name "Goosher", like they did for Gas Skunk.

Well, "Gaskunk", but they're both pronounced the same in English.

While I admit that "Goosher" doesn't actually mean anything offensive (that I know of), I can't help but find it to be an extremely off-putting word, the way that some people have an aversion to the word "moist."

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Just saw a bunch of Armada Prime pics at TFW.

Holy crap...unlike Rodimus and especially Motormaster, Prime is worth the Commander price I think.

Can't wait to see Armada Megs now.

Dake

Citizen
Now all we need are some new Dinobots called "Sc*nk", "Sl*t", "Sh*g" (the verb, but it's topical), "Scr*bber" and "Str*mpet".

I'll be honest, I still have no idea what the two bolded ones are. Clearly whatever those words are didn't come over to the US in any capacity that I recognize, which I guess goes to show how easy it is to accidentally apply a internationally offensive name. Likewise "Slapper" would never have raised any alarm bells for me. If anything, "Slaps" and related words has recently come to mean "Extremely Good" here in the US.

Is it skank and scrubber? Skank is in use in American English as a derogatory term. Apparently scrubber is used in a similar fashion though until looking it up just now, I only knew it as the thing I used to clean a pot.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Is it skank and scrubber? Skank is in use in American English as a derogatory term. Apparently scrubber is used in a similar fashion though until looking it up just now, I only knew it as the thing I used to clean a pot.

Ah, I think it was the "c" instead of "k" that was throwing me off. I do know that one.

Agreed on scrubber, though. I would only know that as "a thing or person that scrubs."

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just saw a bunch of Armada Prime pics at TFW.

Holy crap...unlike Rodimus and especially Motormaster, Prime is worth the Commander price I think.

Can't wait to see Armada Megs now.

I don't have any sentimental attachment to Armada at all, but that is a pretty good looking figure. If it were to be released in the Powerlinx / Magna Convoy color scheme, I might bite on it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Agreed. It was more ‘here’s a combat deck…kindof’ thing to put Minicons on. I’d be willing to bet they might make it unfold into a base ish, though primarily they’ll focus on ‘pants mode’ with legs that move.

How Prime turns out will show us if are planning on Jetfire and Overload.
From a picture I saw earlier, apparently the original Overload attaches fine - which means to me that they're probably not redoing him, like how Jolt is compatible with the new Hot Shot since they're not doing a new one. Now I'm wondering if the space pants still fit...

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I don't have any sentimental attachment to Armada at all, but that is a pretty good looking figure. If it were to be released in the Powerlinx / Magna Convoy color scheme, I might bite on it.
Yeah, Armada wasn't my G1, but I appreciate any good looking figure despite the line it comes from, so I'm excited to get that Prime on my shelf.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, Armada wasn't my G1, but I appreciate any good looking figure despite the line it comes from, so I'm excited to get that Prime on my shelf.

Agreed. I pretty much ignored the Unicron Trilogy fiction, but I picked up several of the toys that I felt looked good with my existing collection (which was pretty small at the time as I had just recently gotten into collecting). Cybertron especially had a very "neo-G1" look to a lot of the figures, so I was more than happy to add them into my collection as "totally there just off screen" characters.

The Powerlinx colors for Armada Prime look better to me, plus they'd make it easier to headcanon him as a non-Optimus new character. Maybe just call him Magna Prime and consider him a previous Matrix Bearer.

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
The Powerlinx colours of Armada Optimus and Megatron (Galvatron) are references to their Beast Wars original forms, neat touch.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
More photos! I’m sold.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1677178159734.png

Well, that is definitely not the Takara Tomy mold we saw previously.

I guess that they decided to scrap it and go a different direction.

Top Bottom