HasLab Deathsaurus

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Checking the Haslab page for the Rancor, it was about 500 short of being fully funded and I feel there's a difference between the number of backers being within the margin of error for being fully funded and being 500 people short tbh.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Poor Rancor lost backers after the final tier was revealed. Even if Hasbro were willing to fudge the numbers, they got a clear message.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
IIRC the tier bonuses were really lame. Weren’t they like extra skulls to toss around the diorama and repacks of retail figures?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
View attachment 10388

That's some fancy paintjob to make the engines looks so sculpted in. ;)
Actually, if you open up the chest, you can remove them both. Then, simply cut the backs of them, add some putty and/or glue to replace the faces on the headmasters, glue over if the faces to the inside of the helmet and you've got a double powermaster.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Wow. Weird that it's more expensive there than here.

It might have been cheaper for me to import it from BBTS, even with the Japanese Yen being much weaker than it used to be, compared to the US Dollar...

As TT doesn't accept debit cards, I had to ask my girlfriend to order it from TT. She was NOT a happy bunny...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Takara Tomy has it up now, for a pretty disgusting price, IMO:

- https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810210016/

I'm not sure of the reasons why, but $20 more than what HasLab is offering him for doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things. Thinking positively here, I'm sure that there will be some who would welcome the opportunity to *only* pay ~$200 for him after he is released and no longer available.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm not sure of the reasons why, but $20 more than what HasLab is offering him for doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things. Thinking positively here, I'm sure that there will be some who would welcome the opportunity to *only* pay ~$200 for him after he is released and no longer available.
ZomboDroid 10112022063545.jpg
Screenshot_20221110-063837.jpg

That's a significant amount more for me in Japan.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Actually, if you open up the chest, you can remove them both. Then, simply cut the backs of them, add some putty and/or glue to replace the faces on the headmasters, glue over if the faces to the inside of the helmet and you've got a double powermaster.
Do you know of any tutorials or pics? I think I remember someone back in the day did it. Way back when, I popped the engines out. But I could never figure out how to connect the engines to the Titan Masters securely and without hampering the arms. I pulled out all the pieces last month to give it another try and gave up. Overlord's chest compartments are super tight, so that's another complicating factor. If you're grabbing the engines to pull them out, they'd better be strongly attached to the Titan Master.

Ideally, I'd get Hasbro's Titan Master for the head, instead of gluing on of the loose Takara faces. That wouldn't seem very stable.

In short, not "simply."

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel good that this will be funded. However, I've lost some hope that we'll meet the final stretch goal of the throne. Doesn't seem like there's enough momentum to carry it that far now.

The Phazer

Citizen
I think launching this during an economic crisis and just before Christmas is a mistake tbh. Especially when Hasbro have shipped a lot of product early recently because their street dates mean nothing.

I feel like this would have easily hit a thousand extra units in February.

Or who knows, maybe people just believe Hasbro about Victory Saber and want him in hand before deciding, in-case there are any other Unicron's maw situations.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Do you know of any tutorials or pics? I think I remember someone back in the day did it. Way back when, I popped the engines out. But I could never figure out how to connect the engines to the Titan Masters securely and without hampering the arms. I pulled out all the pieces last month to give it another try and gave up. Overlord's chest compartments are super tight, so that's another complicating factor. If you're grabbing the engines to pull them out, they'd better be strongly attached to the Titan Master.

Ideally, I'd get Hasbro's Titan Master for the head, instead of gluing on of the loose Takara faces. That wouldn't seem very stable.

In short, not "simply."

Was there a Titanmaster for Overlord? As for attaching the face and engine parts, 2-part modelling putty can be used:

- https://www.amazon.com/Milliput-Superfine-2-Part-Hardening-Putty/dp/B002CNEWAM

I couldn't find the original custom page for Overlord at TFW (it might have been posted in the regular toy discussion pages, rather than the customs section?). I've found some similar links, with a range of options on how to create the Powermasters or fix the face. They don't mention the way to use modelling putty though.

The links are behind spoiler tags to reduce post length.

A new head for TR Overlord

Overlord Power of the Primes Minor Mod

Takara Lg60 Overlord with proper powermasters

Upgrades for Titans Return Overlord

LG60 Overlord Mod (no details)

Overlord (minor custom)

(If anyone finds the more in-depth mod tutorial/explanation at that site or anywhere else, please let me know).

Funnily enough, I started this mod ages ago but never got round to using the putty. I was a little apprehensive but I need to finish this!

MrBlud

Citizen
Or who knows, maybe people just believe Hasbro about Victory Saber and want him in hand before deciding, in-case there are any other Unicron's maw situations.

By “Unicorn’s maw situation” do you mean “a minuscule disappointment that 99% of the people who got one don’t really care about and does nothing at all to dissuade other people who missed out from paying multi-thousands of dollars just to get one on the aftermarket?”

In which case, we very well could have one of those again yes.

Top Bottom