HasLab Deathsaurus

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
He should probably get his own thread, so here we go.

Already at over 3,500 backers with 11,000 needed for production and 17,000 for all the tiers, Deathsaurus looks well on his way to being made.
Overall this looks great. I've backed it and cancelled my preorder for a MMC Z-Def.

Who else has backed? Who else is excited?

Dake

Citizen
a15e3bec9fa9f58c822db46ce9cb83a5c6924080.gif

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm kind of surprised how much of a kick I'm getting out of that throne. After getting Megatron's throne with SS86 Starscream, now I kinda want a throne for all the Emperors of Destruction.

Don't want to imagine how much it would cost to get one for Scorponok though...

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I've got Galvatron on Starscream's throne. I think I'm going to do my display with a Galvatron on one side staring down Deathsaurus on the other. . . .
Like dueling Decepticon courts. yeah, I like that.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
We're at almost 4k backers and it's only been, what, like 4 hours?
Bodes well for making the goal and the unlockable tiers.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So what's the deal with this and Star Saber being on HasLab? I get it for something like Unicron or stuff that just won't work at retail because it's too big or whatever, but what are they doing with these that they have to go this route instead?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I don't think either easily fall into an established size category. They both have accessories that make them much more expensive than retail releases. While smaller than titans, the engineering, extras, et al bump the price up to the point that Hasbro believes these will not be profitable at retail, while doing things this way allows them to gauge interest while turning a profit. Plus, if things turn out to not be winners, Hasbro can pull the plug before costs really ramp up.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Over 4k. On our way to hitting halfway there in less than a day. yeah, I think this one is happening kids.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm kind of surprised how much of a kick I'm getting out of that throne. After getting Megatron's throne with SS86 Starscream, now I kinda want a throne for all the Emperors of Destruction.

Don't want to imagine how much it would cost to get one for Scorponok though...
Wait for spring, grab one of those child-sized lawn chairs and paint it purple.

Alternately, just use Scorponok as a throne for Zarak.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't back Star Saber because the character didn't mean a lot to me and I was strapped for cash at the time. This one though, I've always been a bit fascinated by the character and I do really like his design. I might break down and back this one. Will be my first HasLab backing.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had some nitpicks about Victory Saber. This time I've got nothing. They nailed it.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Yeah, I don't see why this exactly had to be a Haslab release but it looks good. The twig arms in beast mode suck but eh, they probably hide in the torso by the looks of it.

Backing this anyway. It'll be easier to have one and flip it than to want one and buy second-hand.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just realized that this Deathsaurus being scaled to HasLab Victory Saber's height (instead of making him smaller to scale with Star Saber like he did in the cartoon) should make him also scale well with Masterpiece Star Saber.

Top Bottom