HasLab Deathsaurus

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Looking very nice! Is that vaccum-sealed metal on the chest horns or just really shiny paint?

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I hope it isn't vacuum metal. Everyone who collected Transmetals has at least one that is balding. For me, it was Scourge (Beast Wars) and Ultra Jetstorm (Beast Machines) that suffered from Transmetal Pattern Baldness (TPB). My Transmetal Rattrap's cheeks as well, thanks to the rubbing of the "car" transformation.

But Deathsaurus is definitely looking handsome in those pictures! Would have been nice to see a color pic without a Breastmaster attached, though.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I like that throne color a lot better than the anime suggested it might be! But that might also have been my screen I was using.

Also:

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
I hope it isn't vacuum metal. Everyone who collected Transmetals has at least one that is balding. For me, it was Scourge (Beast Wars) and Ultra Jetstorm (Beast Machines) that suffered from Transmetal Pattern Baldness (TPB). My Transmetal Rattrap's cheeks as well, thanks to the rubbing of the "car" transformation.

But Deathsaurus is definitely looking handsome in those pictures! Would have been nice to see a color pic without a Breastmaster attached, though.

I think my only Transmetal that hasn't experienced anything like that is Cheetor.

Anyway, Deathsaurus looks really nice, and I really hope these pictures encourage more backers.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is why JG1 is my thing. Transformers engineeering with flashier super robot styling. That is just gorgeous.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This is why JG1 is my thing. Transformers engineeering with flashier super robot styling. That is just gorgeous.

Japan tends to do a lot of things with STYLE when it comes to some of their entertainment and you can clearly see why anime is on the rise in the west and manga walking all over western comics, outside of the obvious, having good stories that don't put you to sleep!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Japan tends to do a lot of things with STYLE when it comes to some of their entertainment and you can clearly see why anime is on the rise in the west and manga walking all over western comics, outside of the obvious, having good stories that don't put you to sleep!
And yet, most Japanese-original Transformers media is super wacky, lighthearted, and full of childish moments. Because Transformers is primarily for kindergarteners in Japan.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
And yet, most Japanese-original Transformers media is super wacky, lighthearted, and full of childish moments. Because Transformers is primarily for kindergarteners in Japan.

Back when Transformers started, it was more aimed at young children to start with, its just that the brand has grown up and evolved over time, effectively transforming its self from just focused on kids to ranging kids to adults as the years have gone by, besides, who says Transformers can't have childish moments and light hearted moments, I don't see any rules for that, sure the basic idea for the story is about two warring factions of robots, but having light hearted moments can really uplift someone's spirts when they are feeling down, for example, for me, when I think about the character of Skybite, I tend to think of his singing and how comical it is, thus making me smile!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Between the Marvel Comics and the '86 movie, I think Transformers was very primed (no pun intended) to develop an audience who wanted a more.. I'm not going to say mature, but definitely less kid-oriented take on the medium.

I'd be willing to bet that the first 20 minutes of the '86 movie is the most commonly remembered bit of G1 media, but that might just be my own bias.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Back when Transformers started, it was more aimed at young children to start with, its just that the brand has grown up and evolved over time, effectively transforming its self from just focused on kids to ranging kids to adults as the years have gone by, besides, who says Transformers can't have childish moments and light hearted moments, I don't see any rules for that, sure the basic idea for the story is about two warring factions of robots, but having light hearted moments can really uplift someone's spirts when they are feeling down, for example, for me, when I think about the character of Skybite, I tend to think of his singing and how comical it is, thus making me smile!
You clearly missed when I said the words "in Japan". You're talking about the rest of the world, I'm talking about Japan, since you were the one who brought up anime and manga.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I've heard that, as a brand, Transformers is pretty dead in Japan at this point. In need of a full on revival to gain any traction with a mainstream audience. Any truth to that?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

"Lighthearted and childish" and "good" aren't necessarily exclusive.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Just like with Star Saber last year, I'm hoping that Deathsaurus will make Hasbro want to promote more Victory figures (*cough*Haslab Lio-Kaiser*cough*), and put out a GOOD dub of the Victory toon on DVD or Blu-Ray to make that toon more accessible to folks on this side of the pond.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
While I agree that a dub of Victory could be fun, I think they would necessarily have to do Masterforce first, unless they would try to handwave Ginrai as Optimus Prime. I almost wish they would pull a "Robotech" and merge Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory into one cohesive story to dub as a "Season 5+" of the Sunbow cartoon.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I honestly don't think it'd be worth the money it'd cost to do dubs of these shows tbh.

Like yeah you can say 'It'd make them more accessible' but let's be honest, the actual market for the JG1 anime is already hella small.

(Honestly I'd just be fine with a rerelease of the JG1 aseries with better subs that don't randomly do shit like translate 'Ninja Staff Officer' as 'Phase Sixer' or refer to Chokon Power as 'Energon Power' or call the Breastforce 'Chestforce' I can deal with using the American names for the characters shared between the US and Japanese continuities [even tho I prefer the subtitles to actually reflect the names used myself] but that other nonsense is just dumb and defeats the point of subtitles)

NovaSaber

Citizen
While I agree that a dub of Victory could be fun, I think they would necessarily have to do Masterforce first, unless they would try to handwave Ginrai as Optimus Prime. I almost wish they would pull a "Robotech" and merge Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory into one cohesive story to dub as a "Season 5+" of the Sunbow cartoon.
They're already about as closely connected to each other as the three generations of Robotech were changed to be, though.

Top Bottom