Anime

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Saber Marionette.

(I have fond memories of a Japanese-fluent girlfriend reading a synopsis of the pilot episode and Lime's awakening to me. She had a good voice for such things....)

Here's another older saga:
"On The Run From My Estranged Wife's Company, I Saved A Cat's Life By Sticking Its Brain In The Combat Robot I Stole"
Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

A few more, though the latter two might be a bit harder:

Aliens Rebuilt My Body And Now I Must Kill My Family To Protect The Earth

I Do Giant Robot Kung Fu, But I Fell In Love With The Alien Enemy's Princess.

My Dad Invented The Borg, So I Became A Rich Secret Agent With A Solar-Powered Giant Robot

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
No idea
I Do Giant Robot Kung Fu, But I Fell In Love With The Alien Enemy's Princess.
Daimos?! You know Daimos?!?!
My Dad Invented The Borg, So I Became A Rich Secret Agent With A Solar-Powered Giant Robot
Who are the Solar powered robots I know... I dunno. Ultra Man?

How about this...

How Do I Tell My Best Friend That I Love Her, Even As I Video Tape Her Hoarding Cards in Pretty Dresses I Sew Myself

NovaSaber

Citizen
Tekkaman Blade

Daitarn 3

How Do I Tell My Best Friend That I Love Her, Even As I Video Tape Her Hoarding Cards in Pretty Dresses I Sew Myself
Card Captor Sakura

How about

My Best Friend Turned Me Into a Demon, and Emotional Drama is the End of the World

That Time We Found an Omnipotent Robot and Everyone Died, Even the Squirrel

I Won a Sword Fight and Somehow Got Engaged to a Girl I Just Met

I Won a Giant Robot Fight and Somehow Got Engaged to a Girl I Just Met

This War With Psychic Space Vampires Would End if Everyone Would Listen to My Song

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
This is fun, props for that Getter Robo one, had a good laugh over that.

My Best Friend Turned Me Into a Demon, and Emotional Drama is the End of the World
Devilman

That Time We Found an Omnipotent Robot and Everyone Died, Even the Squirrel
Pretty sure it's Space Runaway Ideon, though it's been several hot minutes since I saw it and don't remember a squirrel.

I Won a Sword Fight and Somehow Got Engaged to a Girl I Just Met
Utena

I Won a Giant Robot Fight and Somehow Got Engaged to a Girl I Just Met
G-Witch

This War With Psychic Space Vampires Would End if Everyone Would Listen to My Song
Macross 7

Lessee...

I Just Wanted to Find An Obscure Book, But Now I'm a Key Figure in a Demon Civil War?!

I Tried to Return a Lost Credit Card, and Now I'm Leader of the Rebels!

My Career As an Astronaut is Over, but Now I'm the Strongest Cyborg on Earth

NovaSaber

Citizen
Pretty sure it's Space Runaway Ideon, though it's been several hot minutes since I saw it and don't remember a squirrel.
News24231.jpg

And yet they don't have a spacesuit for the baby.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
CLANNAD is the first that comes to mind there, but the overall plot of the game and anime (which combine to form one large time-looping story) defy any easy description of the premise.
Hmm...
"My Romantic Life is so Tragic, that all my loved ones pity for me changes the timeline itself so that we can have a happier future"?

I Just Wanted to Find An Obscure Book, But Now I'm a Key Figure in a Demon Civil War?!

Hmm...I have a vague idea about the middle one, but I don't think that's it...so I'm going to write another one for what I was thinking it COULD be:

"Everything I know about the economy, I learned by battling demon beauties underground by literally selling my future for cold hard cash!"

In other news, the author of Hunter x Hunter just revealed one of four possible endings for the manga...just in case he ever dies before he's able to see it finished:

And while I'm here....why not some more One Piece videos and theories?

This is just a really interesting series of videos. The last one isn't out yet, but I'll share the other two right now:

What does the legendary continent of Mu, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, and One Piece all have in common?

I just find this really interesting and I'm eagerly awaiting part 3 of this mega theory.

Who might Buggy the Clown be related to in the story and what Egyptian God is he most like?

Spoilers for the video BUT...

The idea that Buggy COULD be related to Vivi and the Nefertari family is kind of a interesting one, since they all have blue hair and the same blood type.

And Osiris fits Buggy better than he should.

And a theory:

Where DID Bonney's Devil Fruit come from in the first place?
(Warning: BIG Spoilers for the latest chapter in the manga, Chapter 1099!)
So, if you read the latest chapter, you know that Bonney kind of just...GETS her Devil Fruit power without us actually seeing her eat it. I find that odd. So odd that my mind went to a even ODDER place.

Is it possible that she actually HASN'T eaten it yet, but will in the future? These time-manipulating Fruits might not obey the same rules as the others, I guess. Maybe if she’s in her 5-year old form when she eventually eats the fruit in the future she ALWAYS has the power whenever she’s in her 5 year old form, even if it’s in the past?

Like, sometime in the future, Bonney WILL actually eat her Fruit while she's in her 5 year old form, which means that her body has the power WHENEVER she's 5 years old or older. She got her powers in this chapter, not because she actually ate her Fruit, but because she will be in her 5 year old form when she eventually DOES eat her Fruit, and she finally reached the age when she eats her Fruit sometime later in the future. Her aging powers make things potentially strange. Because if you HAVE the aging powers, and then eat the Age Fruit WHILE using those powers to make yourself younger...I could see that causing you to have HAD those powers since you were the age WHEN you actually ate the Fruit.

Because, Bonney's powers aren't strictly just aging or de-aging herself up or down. She can also go "sideways" into alternate possible futures. So, could her body have been permanently changed from the point where her body ate the fruit, across time? Because it is a little odd that she CAN have a alternate future where she's 24 before her Sapphire Scale disease is cured...unless her body was ALREADY cured because this is at least partially a version of her AFTER she ate her Fruit, which is also after she's cured of her disease. She CAN have a older future version of herself, because she ALREADY had those future possibilities "unlocked" when she eventually eats the Fruit sometime in the future. Which allows her to use those powers in the past, because that "past" body already ate the Fruit later in the future.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that her past body IS her same past body, even in the future. Which allows her to gain her Fruit powers before eating the actual Fruit in the future, because it's the same body that ate it in the past AND the future?

The timeline in my mind goes: Bonney is a child. Then Bonney gets her Fruit Powers without eating her Fruit at age 5. Years pass, and now she's about 12. Then, while she's in her Age 5 form she actually finds and eats her Fruit and thus gains the powers that she had years before...because this body is effectively the same as THAT body. Both age 5 bodies are the same, across time.

I'm not sure if this made any sense, but I tried. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Nah, it's not what you're thinking... I don't want to hog things, so I'll just throw in a hint about the middle one: It's a Tomino show. (I was actually trying to figure out a good one for that exact show earlier myself!)

I'll add in a couple though to the list for people to guess:

It's Been More Than Three Days But I Will Still Avenge My Parents!

Because I'm A Video Game Champion, I Have To Pilot A Giant Robot Against The Railroad Company!?

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, no literal demons on that one. Pretty sure the protag gets called one a couple of times, but that's more ye olde skill difference frustration and a little bit of racism at work.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The latest One piece ep was really funny to watch, I love this series, the balance between action, adventure, comedy is GREAT, sure the latest ep wasn't completely centred on the Strawhats but showing the larger picture, but it was still funny to watch as Buggy having a very bad day!

NovaSaber

Citizen
L-Gaim?
(I only know it from SRW 30 and that didn't mention anything about a credit card, but it's the only Tomino show I can think of that it sounds anything like.)

GaoGaiGar

It's Been More Than Three Days But I Will Still Avenge My Parents!
Xabungle

Trailer for Grendizer U:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
L-Gaim?
(I only know it from SRW 30 and that didn't mention anything about a credit card, but it's the only Tomino show I can think of that it sounds anything like.)
Ding, the card bit happened earlier on in the plot before it showed up in 30, it belonged to Amandara and it getting returned to him (and also getting decked in the face by Daba) was what got him to start paying attention to Daba and his buddies.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!

Studio Wit is doing a new adaptation of One Piece from the beginning! They're the ones behind the Attack on Titan, Ancient Magus' Bride, Vinland Saga, and Spy x Family animes.

I really didn't expect this. And it's a little funny Toei even allowed it to happen. But, for everyone who complains about Toei's animation, now there's going to be a alternative.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So the three piece is REAL as we got something that never happened before:
Two anime with the same story and basic title running at the same time, also a live action series, so the three piece of visual entertainment is REAL! I expect Wit to likely bring across the Toel Voice cast for the Japan verison as it would please fans and keep things feeling different and similar at the same time, thou honestly, I would of thought a One piece verison similar to Dragonball Kai wouldn't happen until after the series reached its conclusion, but I'm a little surprised and it should be intersting none the less, so I expect Wit to reach Wano in, like another 20 years or something!

Teufel

Citizen
I never minded Toei's animation, but the pacing can be absolutely atrocious since the series doesn't take season breaks. Parts of Whole Cake Island were borderline torture, and that was even when I was marathoning the last two-thirds after I took a year long break because of a move, remodel, etc.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just watched the last ep of The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent, season 2 and it was beautiful, whoever directed the ep, did a good job and the animation was beautiful to say the least and it bought tears to my eyes, which doesn't happen offen but it was such a lovely ep as the series is primary a love story, but a well written one

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
While reading a Reddit rewatch of the 1990s Oh My Goddess OVAs, someone noticed this, and so I learned it just now:

47h680.jpg

It would seem that Festivus is very much a thing in the Oh My Goddess universe....

Top Bottom