Anime

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Its really weird when 2 of my biggest media loves intersect in this way (Author's note in this week's One Piece chapter 1106)
Screenshot_20240201_212534.jpg

wentwood

Citizen
Watch Update

Pocket Monsters
Series X
Diamond And Pearl
Episode 12

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
Dic Dub
Series I Episode 08

W.I.T.C.H
Series I Episode 13

Winx Club
Series I Episode 02

Finishing Battle Frontier on DVD.

On the Sailor Moon set I have Sailor Moon will be the Dic Dub cast. Also for the 3 movies the first of which I had watched.

Complete

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Sailor Moon Crystal
Sailor Moon Eternal Parts 1 And 2

I had watched Eternal on Netflix. I watched Sailor Moon Sailor Stars on US Viz DVD

wentwood

Citizen
I had just finished Battle Frontier on DVD.

I picked up Indigo League - Sun And Moon on DVD as stream servers only carry Journeys forward.

Resuming Diamond And Pearl on DVD.

Sailor Moon is split as follows

Sailor Moon
Viz Cast

Sailor Moon R
Viz Cast

Sailor Moon S
Dic Cast

Sailor Moon Super S
Dic Cast

Sailor Stars
Original Japanese Cast
Viz Cast (USA DVD)

Sailor Moon The Movies
Dic Cast

Sailor Moon Crystal
Viz Cast

I get to see Sailor Moon with Serena from the 90s Dic Dub starting at S.

This could be interesting.

Streaming Dic Series I And II to prep for this.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Its really weird when 2 of my biggest media loves intersect in this way (Author's note in this week's One Piece chapter 1106)
I do wonder if this is going to lead to something in the manga. Sometimes Oda's outside interests find ways to sneak into the manga. On the one hand, we're probably almost ready to leave Egghead at this point. And Egghead was probably our best chance to get a big, transforming robot. On the other hand, there IS Giant Robot just waiting to actually do something right over there! He doesn't look like he'd transform, but crazier things have happened.

Also here's some news, Oda's old collection of One-shots, pre-One Piece, Wanted IS finally getting a English release all these years later...
That's...interesting, to me. You'll see why later...if you can get through my invincible iron walls of text! Are you a bad enough dude to read 18 pages of One Piece theories and observations?!

But, this is just good news! Pick Wanted up if you're a big One Piece fan. The original version doesn't include BOTH versions of Romance Dawn, but maybe this will? Probably not, but I wish it did.

Time for some more One Piece theories and thoughts! I've been saving them up for months! I don't know why! Spoilers for EVERYTHING up to Chapter 1106!

First off, Bonney's Devil Fruit, Part Deux! Or, I admit I was wrong!
So, my theory about Bonney not having eaten her Devil Fruit yet, and time travel fruit shenanigans being in play, from two pages/two months ago was outright wrong. I WAS overthinking it. *SIGH*

....So....let's overthink this some more!

We now know that Bonney got her Fruit due to Saturn's weird, multi-stage experiments. We can't know for sure if these experiments are actually related and all share the same goal, or if Saturn is basically just messing around with a bunch of different projects, killing his seemingly infinite time. But, for the moment, I think it'd be more interesting if Saturn was using a multi-stage experiment focused on achieving a single goal.

And I just have to wonder what Saturn was trying to actually DO with his experiment? Why would you try to inject babies with Devil Fruits? Trying to create super soldiers? Seeing if you could trick the Devil Fruit into going into multiple people at the same time? And why does the drug CAUSE Sapphire Scale? This is definitely leading to some revelation.

Personally, I'm wondering if "wife" is actually a codename or designation. We keep thinking of Saturn as a Celestial Dragon first and foremost. But, what if we're SUPPOSED to be thinking about him as a SCIENTIST first? What if Saturn is mixing and matching the DNA of a bunch of "wives" and "husbands" donors in order to create stronger test tube babies for the second stage of his experiments?

We now know, whatever Sapphire Scales purpose is, it's due to exposure to a drug. Why inject "wives" with drugs? Is it possible that Saturn is trying to use these drugs to alter the DNA of his subjects to create stronger children for the second stage of this experiment? Could the Sapphire Scale Drug actually be a attempt to fortify and strengthen the original DNA donor? If the drug turns you to stone, that says to me that it's SUPPOSED to make you tougher. But, it keeps going wrong. The "wives" aren't "hearty" enough to withstand the effects of the drugs and are treated as failures and disposed of.

And then there's the babies. Why inject babies with Devil Fruits? To create a super soldier army? To try and "trick" the Devil Fruits into going into multiple people at once, instead of just one, like Vegapunk's Green Blood? It's POSSIBLE these experiments are the precursor to Vegapunk's Green Blood experiments.

But, I think the choice of Devil Fruit is ALSO important. Saturn was using the Age Fruit. And what does the Age Fruit do? It allows you to change your body however you can imagine. In essence, it allows you to ADAPT! This Fruit COULD allow you to adapt to ANY imaginable environment. In theory, you could change your body to be able to breathe sulfur or not need to breathe at all. That WOULD allow for you to survive any disaster. OR...allow you to create the perfect Astronauts who could survive on any possible world.

And we learn ANOTHER important thing about the Age Fruit. The more naive and childlike you are, the STRONGER it becomes. The more you learn about the world, the more limited the Fruit becomes. And WHO exactly are a large group of people who have been sheltered and allowed to remain child-like for hundreds of years? That's right: The Celestial Dragons! If mass produced, the Celestial Dragons would be the PERFECT group of people to use this Fruit on. They've been allowed to DO anything, so they THINK they CAN do anything.

So, I think Saturn's experiments has one of a few possible goals. One, it's possible Saturn's trying to give ALL the Celestial Dragons immortality like the Gorosei likely have. Two, it's possible Saturns trying to create a way to change humanity to survive some coming disaster, possibly from the stars. Or three, Saturn's creating a drug so that the Celestial Dragons can escape this world and journey amongst the stars, possibly conquering other worlds.

The thing that's been bothering me about the Gorosei is, if they ARE immortal, WHY would they put up with the Celestial Dragons? The Gorosei don't act ANYTHING like the Celestial Dragons. They don't act childish, they're serious, they work to keep the world running. So, if they ARE immortal, WHY do they support the Celestial Dragons, financially and legally? I think it's possible that the Gorosei are trying to save SOME of humanity from some sort of extinction level event. They've already decided that they can't save EVERYONE, so they've decided that they'll at least do their best to save SOME of humanity. And the Celestial Dragons are the one's that they've chosen.

In their way, I think the Gorosei THINK they're the heroes of this story. I think it's just a question of how. After all, aren't "devils" but "fallen angels"? I know I made a bunch of REALLY big logical leaps here, but that's kind of par for the course for me.

Luffy and Nika...or I admit that I was wrong a SECOND time!
So, between Vegapunk proving to himself that Luffy is Nika....And Bonney finding out about Luffy being Nika....And the Giants coming to get Luffy BECAUSE he's Nika and they need his help....I think maybe Luffy might actually find out that he has the Nika Fruit, after all. I was wrong about him never finding out about Nika throughout the entire story. *SIGH*

On the bright side, we'll probably get to see all the Strawhat's reactions to finding out Luffy is the Chosen One. A literal God. That's going to be a few fun reaction shots. Eyes WILL melt from their sockets! I can't wait to see Robin's reaction, specifically, since she might have actually heard about Nika before, from all her studies.

The Monsters/Ryuma anime adaptation came out...
The Monsters anime is actually pretty faithful to the original manga version. There's only three notable changes that I noticed. One, the "epilogue" between Zombie Ryuma and Zoro circa Thriller Bark. Two, that Ryuma now has a Black Blade, which wasn't the case in the original, but better reflects the idea that Oda came up with for Haki-infused blades later in One Piece.

And then there's the third change which MIGHT be important, or it might not. They changed the design for the Dragon's Horn, the item that allows humans to control dragons. In the original manga, it's just a black horn. But, they added a bunch of designs and ornamentation to the Dragon Horn in the anime adaptation. And I have to wonder if Oda himself didn't take the chance to redesign that item to give us a little hint about the future of the One Piece story.

It has some jewels on it. The colors might be important, but nothing really stands out to me. But, what DOES stand out to me are the little "hearts" on the top of the horn. And what looks like a "Smiling Dragon" in the middle. It doesn't really look like something that was supposed to be used for "controlling" dragons, to me. It just makes me wonder, was this item ORIGINALLY a gift to celebrate "friendship" between humans and the dragons? This doesn't look like the type of item you create to take control of a mindless beast. It feels like the type of item one civilization gives another to show that they trust each other. I think this might point to the Dragons not only originally being intelligent, but originally allies to humanity. Until SOMETHING happened....hmmm...and it is notable, this dragon isn't really the "monster" of the title. HUMANS are the "Monsters" of the Monsters anime. So, I think Oda might be hinting at something with this design. (Or it's just a fun redesign that Oda had no hand in...but, that's not very fun!)

There's also a...ghost(?) on the top alongside the hearts. But, I can't really tell what that's supposed to be. It sort of reminds me of one of the Gorosei's Shadow/Devil forms, the "Screamer"? But, I can't really tell what that design element is supposed to be.

Between this mind-controlled dragon and the artificially created one from Punk Hazard, we've never actually seen a canonical Dragon in it's natural state before. Weird, right?

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Part 2!

...So I took the chance to re-read Oda's "Wanted" collection of one-shots...

Before the anime came out, I also decided to re-read the Monsters manga, since it'd been YEARS since I read it beforehand. And while I was at it...I also re-read all the other manga in Wanted, including both version of the prototype Romance Dawn. Just to see if I couldn't get more into Oda's head.

And Oda sure does like to subvert expectations in these, doesn't he? Gods make mistakes. Gods are mistaken for monsters but there are REAL monsters who are just people. Oda likes a good surprise. I think that's the biggest takeaway from this re-reading.

Some random thoughts:

In "Wanted", a man is haunted by the ghost of someone he's killed. And I have to wonder if there's a parallel for Blackbeard in there? Could the reason why Blackbeard can have multiple Fruits be because he's haunted by GHOSTS?! Probably not, but it's a thought.

Also, the sharpshooter tells the ghost to come back in 100 years. And I just have to wonder if these two are supposed to be past lives of Zoro and Sanji or something. There's a similar vibe.

Also, Oda was just ALWAYS obsessed. There's a autobiographical story about Oda getting into a car accident, but finishing a manga submission for the next day, anyway. The guy's always been a workaholic!

In "God's Gift For the Future", God just mistakenly causes a disaster, making a spelling error in his Book of Fate. And so, a mortal steals the God's pen and book and writes a new ending himself. That's very interesting. Especially since, Kuma's Bible seems to be a record of the repeating history of the One Piece world. Also, Oda really likes this story, calling it a masterpiece. So, I could see him taking elements of this for One Piece's ending, maybe.

In "Ikki Yako/Demon Parade", a benevolent but mischievous forest diety is mistaken for a cannibal. Kind of like Nika being called a "devil" or "villain". And the actual cannibal is wearing the tattered clothes of a monk, kind of like the Gorosei and Imu pretending to be "gods" or "righteous", themselves. Also, "night is when the monsters come out" is interesting given how much One Piece talks about the "dawn" coming.

Although, in "Monsters", there IS a parallel about my idea of Luffy never finding out about Nika. Ryuma doesn't know that he IS the "Sword King" who he's looking for. So...I MIGHT have stolen the idea from this manga, subconsciously. WHOOOPS!

Also, Oda apparently worked as a assistant on the manga "Jungle no Ouja Taa-Chan", which, looking it up, is probably where he got the idea for the Kamabakka Queendom.

"Romance Dawn v1" actually isn't included in the Wanted collection. But, it's out there, if you know where to look.

"Romance Dawn v1" features a pirate flag with two outstretched hands trying to link together. That seems like a pretty similar idea to a "rope linking all men"/the hito-tsunagi treasure. People trying to reach out and help one another.

And there's another jolly roger called "the symbol of death" with a crescent moon on it. So, I guess Oda has been thinking about the Moon and the Night being a villainous force for a while now, between this and Ikki Yako.

This is also the first appearance of the "Morgania" and "Peace Mains", villainous and heroic pirate factions that never really made it into the main manga. But, a few characters named "Morgan" HAVE appeared. So, it just makes me wonder about "Big News Morgans" and what role he's going to play in One Piece later.

Also in this version of the story, it's not "Devil Fruit" it's "Fruit from the Illusion Tree", which bears fruit every 50 years.

And this version ends with a timeskip with a bearded future Luffy. Which Oda says he's not sure if "main" Luffy will ever end up being or not.

"Romance Dawn v2" sees that same Strawhat flag with two outstretched hands, instead of the crossed bones. This idea must have gotten pretty far along before it was dropped.

This also gives the us the first appearance of a sort of proto-Karoo, with the roc Balloon. It's going to be VERY interesting if the "Guardian" of the Ancient Weapon Uranos turns out to be a Roc, too.

Also here, it's "Morganeers" and "Peace Mains". Garp was a pirate in this version. And it's called a "Devilish Fruit" instead of JUST Devil Fruit. Not sure if that's just the fan-translation being weird, though.

Oda also mentions that he might put "Romance Dawn v1" in the main One Piece collections "when the time comes" which is VERY interesting. And I'll elaborate on WHY I think that....later.
...And also the Warship Island/Millennium Dragon anime filler arc...
Okay, look, I know this isn't "canon", BUT....it's also the only other story One Piece has done featuring dragons of any kind. Even if these aren't exactly "traditional" dragons, being feathered. And I'd never seen it before, since I originally watched the 4Kids versions on TV, which skipped it, and Toonami kept skipping ahead. So, this was actually the first time I've ever seen these episodes.

Plus, this is technically the final arc of the first season of the anime. This is the first filler arc EVER in the anime! And part of me kind of wonders if Oda didn't worry that he actually wouldn't GET a season 2. And I just have to wonder if Oda didn't share a few little details about what he had planned for a ending, if he ever had to end it early. At the very least, I kind of wonder if Oda didn't give the anime crew a few notes about how HE would end up treating dragons later, if they ever showed up in HIS version of the story. They've never even hinted at that. In fact, they've actually said this was originally the plot for a scrapped movie, but never anything involving Oda himself. Still, it's possible a few of his endgame ideas got in here.

Because...there's some REALLY odd "firsts" in this anime filler arc.

This arc sees the first appearance of Luffy using "The Voice of All Things", even if it's not called that, since he can understand what the dragon is saying.

This sees the Marines looking for a immortality elixir...kind of like Law's immortality surgery.

This arc ALSO sees the first appearance of a "Mythical Zoan" Fruit, with the Kamaitachi Fruit. Now, this might be referring to the type of WIND rather than the Yokai, but it's still odd. And Erik, the Kama Fruit user, even kind of feels like a stand-in for the Gorosei in some scenes. He's a competent fighter who's serving under a big fat entitled jerk (Nelson Royale) who looks a LOT like the Celestial Dragon Charlos. Erik even has the same Shachihoko/"carp" haircut that the Celestial Dragons do, YEARS before they showed up in the manga.

And again, there are jokes here which, in retrospect, feel like foreshadowing the Kamabakka Queendom, YEARS before they showed up in the manga.

The old dragon keeps looking to the sky and birds. Which KIND of feels like foreshadowing Skypeia.

Battleship Island is called that because it literally looks like a battleship...which feels like seeding the idea for the Ancient Weapons. Even though it doesn't turn out to be a weapon or a actual battleship.

The Marines actually use a BUNCH of ships to attack the Strawhats. Which feels like a prototype idea for a Buster Call, which we hadn't seen yet. And they use a Gargoyle/Komainu ship which MIGHT be a stand in for a Ancient Weapon or the Mother Flame.

A ocean-wide earthquake leading to a island that was underwater rising to the surface after hundreds of years. Kind of like a parallel to the Mother Flame SINKING islands far beneath the ocean in the main story. It really does feel like the whole "hole in the ocean" in reverse in this filler arc.

The inhabitants of this island are literally the descendants of a Ancient Kingdom. (Not THE Ancient Kingdom, but still).

The old dragon roaring to summon the other dragons back home is kind of similar to Shirahoshi's cries summoning the Sea Kings.

There's also a island seemingly "magically" hidden from the world, where a Ancient Kingdom lived. A Ancient mural which depicts a sun and moon. The reveal that the "treasure" that they look for here is actually FAR closer to their starting location than they originally thought.

Apis, the sympathetic girl for this island, has a necklace that actually looks a LOT like a tiny Dragon Horn from Monsters/Ryuma.

Apis has a tall pointy hat...and Imu has a tall pointy hat...that's stretching things, but I do feel like they have similar silhouettes.

It's just...interesting. And it feels like a prototype to One Piece's REAL ending soon to come.

So, does this actually lead us to anything intersting to expect from the real ending to One Piece?

Well...no, not really.

There's a old man who goes into a long, droning history of the world, which almost feels like a parody of Oda. It actually goes into too much detail, though, focusing on who's begot who. Although, it does mention some brothers looking for a "Tree that bears stars as it's fruit" which feels like it COULD be important. It might be a hint that the Devil Fruits do come from space, maybe?

And later he also says "The War Ends in the 1201st Generation". So...maybe this is hinting that One Piece will end around chapter 1201? Which, actually sounds reasonable, to me. I could see it ending within a 100 chapters or so. Oda seems like he wants to wrap this up sooner rather than later, and he's actually been pretty consistently predicting that One Piece will end in 2024 or 2025.

If we take this story as a hint, then MAYBE the One Piece treasure will turn out to be the last remaining living naturally-born dragon? Maybe we'll hear the history of the world coming out of a dragon's mouth.

And they have to return the dragon to it's birth place so it can be reborn, kind of like a phoenix. And honestly...I could see Luffy as a stand in for this old dragon. Luffy's been looking old after he uses Gear 5 lately. Maybe he'll overdo it one of these times and get stuck as "Old Man Luffy", and he'll need to get to Laugh Tale or something to recharge? And...Luffy MIGHT die fulfilling his dream. "Don't you want eternal life?!" "Once this guy has done what he's set out to do, he'll die with a smile on his face".

And it features part of a island returning to the surface. So maybe all those islands the Mother Flame shot down into the ocean will eventually be returned to the surface? Or maybe it's hinting at a return to more land to this mostly ocean-covered planet?

The Marine's end up making a wall of chains with their ships to try and trap the Strawhats. Maybe that's a hint that they're going to create another Red Line? Trying to create another "wall" around the whole world?

This is a stretch, but...Battleship Island is revealed to be the original home to the dragons that they return to every thousand years. I kind of wonder if this is hinting that the Ancient Weapons are actually spaceships that originally brought the Celestial Dragons to this world?

Nami also has a kind of...weird moment on the Hidden Island. So maybe that's hinting that Nami has a connection to the Ancient Kingdom?

And...um...Zoro actually says he's going to kill Luffy someday because he keeps messing things up for him. It's probably just a gag, but given some of the "Traitor Zoro" theories I've seen, it's worth mentioning.

The dragon homeland ALSO being like a elephant graveyard might ALSO be hinting at Laugh Tale and the One Piece being "A dream within a dream". Something's distorted about the story they know.

Although, once the story's over, Apis decides to stay on the island and have her descendants protect it forever. This kind of implies that the cycle of history won't actually be broken. Or maybe, if Apis is supposed to be a parallel to Imu, it's possible Imu doesn't WANT the cycle to end because she's protecting something.

I mean, chances are none of this actually means anything for the future of the manga. But, it'd be interesting if it did.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Part 3!
...And came to the conclusion that....There...are...THREE DAWNS!
Is Oda a Star Trek fan? I feel like he might be.

Okay, so after reading the two prototype versions of Romance Dawn again, a thought struck me.

Is it possible that these are actually...canon?

I mean, Monsters/Ryuma is apparently canon. So, is it possible that ALL the stories in Wanted are actually canon to One Piece? I mean, that might be going a little far. But, at the same time, it doesn't feel IMPOSSIBLE for most of them either. Ikki Yako fits pretty nicely in Wano. And even though it's set in the "modern day", "God's Gift For the Future" COULD take place in the Ancient Kingdom, since it was supposed to be a highly advanced civilization. That advanced civilization might just look a lot like "modern" Japan.

But, Romance Dawn v1 and v2 both star Luffy. And we KNOW Luffy isn't a immortal.

But, "inherited will" is a big theme of One Piece. And so is history repeating itself. So how could they possibly fit into the story? How can there be two Luffys in the past?

Well...what if they're actually Nika and Joyboy?

It's interesting that neither Nika or Joyboy really have "names". Nika is the grinning sound effect, so that could just be a nickname. And Joyboy is a title or nickname. We still likely don't know either of their real names. So, Is it possible that Oda's keeping their real names a secret because BOTH of their real names are actually "Luffy"? I have to wonder, is it possible that the other two "prototype" versions of Romance Dawn are actually canon? Could Romance Dawn v1 and 2 actually BE Luffy's past lives? And also, the start of Nika and Joyboy's journeys?

I don't know, it's just something the recent "Monsters" one shot adaptation made me think about. If Monsters is canon, could the OTHER stories in the Wanted volume be canon too? It feels like something Oda might do.

Basically, there's TWO prototype versions of Romance Dawn that released before the main series of One Piece. And TWO names of people who were important to the past of this entire world. Coincidence?! Maybe?
Not 800 Years ago...But almost 1600 years ago...
The Void Century of 800 years is the past era that gets mentioned the most in One Piece...but there IS another era that's just as if not more interesting. The change from the Age of Heaven to the Age of the Sea Circle calendars. This world HAS a real dating system, and we're currently on year 1524. Something happened 1524 years ago that changed the entire world's dating system, and it had to be something BIG. Possibly the end of the "Age of Gods" like Nika. And 1524 years ago is AWFULLY close to twice the length of 800 years ago. So, this cycle seems to be repeating for some reason almost every 800 years, give or take a few decades. Something is happening and it seems to be on a schedule.. And the change SEEMS to predate the existence of the World Government, so someone or something else helped organize and enforce the change to a different calendar system.
How to defeat the Gorosei in one simple step!
As we've seen in recent chapters, Saturn can regenerate and is probably effectively immortal.

So, How do you defeat the Gorosei? Why, by making them SMILE!

...Let me explain. If you haven't noticed, it seems like the Gorosei never seem to smile. Not while they're hanging out together in their rad pad. Not while they're making their awesome plans for the world. Not when they're having their fun and games on exotic islands. Not when they're getting the last member of a long-thought extinct people to be their new "friend" and become a neat cyborg, all according to their plans. Not when they're on a daytrip to see a old friend, eating their favorite sausages. Never. Even when it seems like everything is going their way, they never smile. They seem fairly serious, whether they're doing nothing or while they're fighting.

And I think that's going to be thematically important later in the story. Because you know who DOES famously smile? Dead people. Or at least, people who are facing death. I think Oda is setting up a conflict between those people who smile, even while facing death, and those who NEVER smile, even when they get everything they want.

So, what does that mean? Well, for further insight, I think we have to look at Tot Musica from Film Red. While that movie isn't canon, I think it WILL be thematically important in the actual story. And Oda at least had SOME input in it, so I think it's likely ideas seeded there will get further explanation later on. Tot Musica was explained as being a sort of opposite of the Devil Fruits. Another manifestation of "desire". Only, this "desire" wasn't for a "Dream", it was for something nightmarish. More or less, it was a "grudge". A concentration of negative emotions given physical form.

So, I think it's possible that the Gorosei's "Yokai" Fruits are powered by something similar. I think it's possible that their hate is literally keeping them alive. Their rage or grudges against the world is giving them power. So, if someone were to say...bring a smile to their face, their power would disappear. If their power fades, old age would catch up to them and they'd just crumble to dust. If they let themselves feel happiness, they might just...fade away. And I think that's the most fitting thing for Luffy to do. After all, Luffy seems to want everyone in the world to join his big party at the end of the story. Even the villains. So defeating the Gorosei by settling their old grudge and bringing them true joy for the first time in hundreds of years just feels like the most fitting end for them. Kind of like how you "defeat" a ghost.

It MIGHT also explain why the Gorosei want to keep the world miserable and downtrodden. Maybe this power of theirs is linked to the overall feelings of the world. And if everyone has a moment of pure joy, all around the world, all at the same time, their "curse" is broken and they'll disappear. That would also work, in my eyes. The Gorosei HAVE to keep people miserable or else THEY won't exist anymore. Luffy having his party MIGHT just be a way to "exorcise" the "ghosts" from this entire planet.

And Oda HAS shown that he wants to do things a little differently in the endgame from what's standard in other shonen series. Gear 5 has shown us that. He wants to do something that hasn't been done as much. And I think something like this would qualify, since it completely changes how you fight them. Turning the whole thing into more of a “If you laugh you lose” challenge.

Even the Gorosei might just be defeated with a smile on their faces.
What happens to Vegapunk if Punk Records gets destroyed?
Keep in mind, Vegapunk's brain is apparently constantly growing. So, even if Punk Records gets destroyed, and most of Vegapunk's brain goes with it, it might not be a permanent problem for him. He can eventually just grow a new brain. Kind of like how Luffy can grow a new tooth from just drinking milk. He might have start over from the beginning, and it might take him a decade or two, but he might be able to work his way back to where he is now.

So, then we might get a background gag of Stella rapidly mentally "aging" from chapter to chapter. One chapter he's a toddler calling Jinbei "dada". The next chapter he's a edgy teen too cool to hang out with the other Strawhats with posters of Sabo on his walls. You know, basically like Groot in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. It'd just be a cute gag.

And I do think it's pretty likely that Vegapunk has some sort of self-destruct installed in Punk Records, just so that the Government can't get it's hands on it. Plus, it'd make for a exciting reason to escape fast.

But, a more interesting option, I think, would be to make us THINK that Vegapunk's activated some sort of self-destruct sequence, only for it to turn out to be a LAUNCH sequence instead. Shoot Punk Records into SPACE! Punk Records does kind of look like a space shuttle of sorts. There COULD be thrusters underneath everything. It'd be out of range of Vegapunk, so it'd still be LIKE it was destroyed, but possibly recoverable later on in the story. And it'd be too far for the Marines to get their hands on it. But, we know someone who's in space. And wouldn't it just be INTERESTING if Enel got his hands on all of Vegapunk's research and knowledge? It'd be interesting way to bring Enel back into the story.
Buccaneers....how do they work?
I just wanted a excuse to share this video that I think probably at least gets close to what the secret of the Buccaneers will probably be:

Now, I'm not sure if Joyboy is ACTUALLY in the Ancient Robot. But, he makes a good case for how Buccaneer powers probably work.

Personally, I think the secret of the Buccaneer race is going to turn out to be that their spirits LITERALLY cannot die. They probably live on as the spirits within the Devil Fruits themselves. You can't break their spirits, and even if they die, their will still lives on after them.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Part 4...the Epilogue...the Final Reckoning!

And...a bunch of stray random thoughts!

These I don't really have much to elaborate on. These are basically just quick thoughts that I've had pop into my head that I don't have much else to say about, right now. Most of them are stupid, and ill thought out. But, also, interesting enough to share? Maybe? You be the judge!

Is the Ancient Giant Robot POWERED by Luffy's Drums of Liberation or is the robot actually TARGETING that sound? What I'm saying is, could the Giant Robot actually be a enemy of Nika? A killer robot sent to destroy him? And if so...does that mean the Ancient Kingdom was actually a ENEMY of Joyboy?

You know, if you used Vegapunk’s Green Blood in aerosol form, you’d actually have a pretty potent biological weapon against the fishmen. You could spray a bunch of fishmen with a weak Fruit like the Jacket Fruit and they’d be unable to swim ever again for the rest of their lives. They'd drown in their own homes underwater.

For all that we THINK we know about Nika/Joyboy, we KNOW one thing for certain: Nika failed. If Nika/Joyboy’s “goal” was making everyone in the world more free, he failed since the establishment of the World Government did the EXACT opposite of that. It might not have been his fault, but, at the end of the day, Nika failed. It’s really just a question of WHY did Nika fail? Was that PURELY because he was opposed by Imu and the Gorosei (possibly) or was it partially due to some personal failing of his own?

What if the One Piece World’s sun is about to go supernova? Maybe the Gorosei and Imu HAVE to try and stop Nika from being active. The more Nika's heart beats, the closer their sun comes to exploding. That would explain how the sun could be a threat to the world. Stopping Nika's heart stops their sun from aging.

Is the reason why Luffy always falls asleep during tragic backstories because Nika is trying to wake up? Could Nika be putting Luffy asleep while he tries to take over their body to try and cheer the person up?

What if the Devil Fruits aren’t the desires of the people who wanted the powers for themselves? What if instead they’re the dreams parents had for their children? Things they hope their children will be able to do and experience that they never could? Dreams that their children would lead better lives than they did. Dreams that the parents will never see come true because they died to keep their children alive. ...And then they were stolen. That’s why pirates are scum, they stole the dreams meant for children!

What if Joyboy never died? What if the Gorosei and Imu are just keeping him on life support and everything they’re doing is a attempt to cure their friend? Joyboy's body is actually in cryogenic suspension under Mariejois? But, Joyboy doesn’t want to just keep himself alive he wants to LIVE! SO, his spirit went into a Devil Fruit and he's living through Luffy. This entire story is about Joyboy going on one last adventure, then meeting his old friends one last time, before he finally lets go and moves on.

What if dragons are the original inhabitants of this world? What if humanity was the invading aliens? Maybe the Oni are just dragon/human hybrid children this whole time. Invading humans wiped out the dragons species. Drove them underground? It might explain the oni’s horns.

Can the Voice of All Things hear the music of the stars? Can you hear the voice of other planets with the Voice of All Things?

WOOF! I don't post a theory for two months and this is what happens, I swear...

...That should be enough to keep anyone busy for a week without a chapter, right?

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
What you don't want to get invested in a over 100 Volume story that's been going on for almost 30 years? Why ever not?

Naw, I totally get it. It's a insane investment. But, one I'm kind of glad I got into. It's gotten FAR more complex than most manga ever try for. There's a certain beauty in complexity, to me. Although, sometimes too much complexity can also be seen as a mess. Feelings about complexity can be complex. Go figure.

Mind, when you have over 1000 chapters of a shonen series, you're almost guaranteed to have a lot to pull from.

I am sorry for the quadruple post. Every once in a while I DO let myself get carried away. That's why I put everything in spoilers, so at least it's easier for people who aren't interested to just scroll on by. And I'm sure these long posts come across as a tad obsessive to those who aren't following the series. And even those who DO follow the series probably would feel the same way. But, theorizing and theory-crafting is just fun for me. There's so many ways this story COULD go, that's it's kind of fun trying to predict the zigs and zags for me. And hopefully it doesn't get in the way too much.

Plus, if I AM right, I kind of nice having proof and being able to say "See! See! I said so!", even if no one really cares but me.

But, for what it's worth, I do think it's a good ride. It does take a while to show you the stuff that makes it special from other shonen manga. But, it does eventually grow into something special. Even if it is a LONG ride. And one I can understand that's not for everyone.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Every day I'm more thankful I decided at episode 2 I had no interest in One Piece and let that boat sail off without me.

Then you are missing out upon a grand adventure, its not about the destination but the voyage to it, there is a LOT of heart in this story and its a world on par with JRR Tolkien's works, yes its over a thousand chapters, but its one long story with lots of self contained stories that are apart of a larger story. Besides with the anime, it has very little actual filler, where its the worse in terms of filler, would be in the middle of the Dresrosia arc, where our MC is having to deal with a guy who goes down in just one hit for multible eps along with all of the other characters in the arc! Sure you could watch the live action verison, which is fairly good or wait for the remake that in the works, and yes the main series is still ongoing, thou the story has entered what called the final saga which will end, evenly as this is Oda's life's work! The stakes are higher in some respects, thou the series has yet to answer its primary question, which is "What is the One piece?"

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
That's a journey that would be dedicating way too much of my life to just to catch up at this point in my opinion. I've tried starting OP multiple times over the years and can never stick with it. It's not bad although some of the character designs drive me nuts, but it's too much to commit to at this point when I want to enjoy other shows or life in general. I don't mind jumping in and enjoying the wackiness from time to time. I actually caught One Piece Red twice in theater and snagged the Blu Ray. But that was more about Amalee voicing Uta and Ado singing mostly. I had to ask my nephews about so many characters to understand their place in the series. Surprised me when I found out Koby was in the movie.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
New season of Precure is out. Wasn't expecting to tear up a bit right from ep1. Also watched Power of Hope Precure Full Bloom, the series for adults who grew up with the first few seasons. It was a bit weird having them address some real world issues while still being a Precure series. A bit bittersweet, yet not as adult as I would've liked.

Started A Sign of Affection, a romance story where the MC is deaf. Super cute and my heart hurts for them. I'm hoping they're not going to be so obvious with the other characters pairing up, but as long as Yuki is happy I'll be good.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
That's a journey that would be dedicating way too much of my life to just to catch up at this point in my opinion. I've tried starting OP multiple times over the years and can never stick with it. It's not bad although some of the character designs drive me nuts, but it's too much to commit to at this point when I want to enjoy other shows or life in general. I don't mind jumping in and enjoying the wackiness from time to time. I actually caught One Piece Red twice in theater and snagged the Blu Ray. But that was more about Amalee voicing Uta and Ado singing mostly. I had to ask my nephews about so many characters to understand their place in the series. Surprised me when I found out Koby was in the movie.

Kody's character arc takes place off screen mostly, thou you don't have to start at the beginning of the series as each arc tends to be mostly self contained, so you could try watching from the start of the latest arc, Egghead as its a new island and you'll catch up pretty quick on world events, some of the recap eps would likely bring you up to speed pretty quickly on past events, for general info regardress to the story and character events I recomend the Fandom wiki:

The site does detail events that transpired during each arc, with screen grabs from various eps

Anyway, if you want to start with Egghead arc then the first offical ep is: 1086 and its pretty much the begining of the "Final saga" and things are about to heat up in the race to claim the One piece and things aren't rosy in the world affairs due to the fall out of the events that happened off screen in the Reverie

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yeah man, That's just a really well animated ad for the card game sadly. It had nothing to do with any of the anime outside of monsters and characters from the cards. But damn they could spin off a few of those concepts off into their own show. Heck just give me a show with some of the characters and monsters with out the card game. Like a fantasy anime starring a Dark Magician and DM Girl saving the world from Exodia or something. Just because the card game is the game, doesn't mean the anime has to stick with the whole game concept all the time.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I gotten bored and started rewatching Voltes V, one of the old Super robot series, basic story, Earth is attacked by aliens and the only thing preventing them from taking over, is a giant robot made of five machines, this series predates what became Voltron by a few years, has a catchy theme tune

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Combattler V arguably had the better characters, at least in the first half, but Voltes V had the better metaplot(and MUCH better ending). And of course Daimos had not much to do with either, despite all three being considered part of the same trilogy of shows.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just watched the latest ep of: the Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash

Honestly, I'm becoming fond of this series, no serious world ending stakes, just a child who been forced to run away due to stuff going on in her home village political sitution and going upon a adventure, also, this series has such a lovely openning theme to go with it:

Top Bottom