Anime

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wish the Engish speaking markets would bring Voltes Legacy over, if they adapt it right, it could put a lot of the bad garbage coming out of Hollyweird to shame

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well the Pink Gun Rabbit of doom is getting a second season.
IMG_4937.jpeg

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Okay, so I know I JUST posted a One Piece theory, but…I HAVE to after this last chapter, right? If you read the last chapter, you KNOW why. And I WILL try to keep this to ONE post this time, I swear.

Spoilers for the latest chapter 1108!

The message will be…
“The Dragons are coming!”

I don't think it's any coincidence that we got a Monsters/Ryuma adaptation this year. I think it's to reintroduce the idea of dragons to the audience. And we've already seen that holographic Dragon opposite the hologram Giant Robot on Egghead, so Vegapunk knows something about dragons. Including how to clone them from Punk Hazard, for reasons we still don't know.

Vegapunk seems to be a bit of a Dragon fanboy, really.

I think there’s even a chance we could see glowing eyes peeping out from one of those holes in the ocean that Imu made with the Mother Flame.

And I DO think Vegapunk’s message will be a warning of some kind. Vegapunk seems like too nice a guy just to try and overthrow the World Government, even if they did try to kill him. So, I don’t think this message will just be about the MANY crimes of the World Government. And Vegapunk probably doesn’t even know about how they’re using the Mother Flame. He seems genuinely surprised about how the Government is acting, and how cruel they’re being.

But, what Vegapunk WOULD do, is warn the citizens of a impending disaster that he believes is coming, due to his research. He does seem to care about people, and probably doesn’t want them to get hurt due to the Government keeping secrets.

Mind you, it’s VERY possible that it’s something else. Maybe it’s about how the Ancient Kingdom was originally from Space. The classic image of the Ancient Kingdom DOES look a lot like the White Base from Gundam to me. So, it could be a “Macross Island” situation, where a advance spaceship crash landed on the planet and was eventually over run by plant life over centuries.

But, I do think Oda is only going to reveal PART of the secrets of this world to us right now. He almost HAS to save something for when they reach Laugh Tale. And since we KNOW Vegapunk knows about the dragons…I think we’re going to learn how the dragons fit into this world. Where they went…and why they might be mad at the World Government.

And the Red Line DOES bear a certain resemblance to the idea of a “World Serpent” that encircles the whole world. What better time to reveal certain truths about dragons than in a Norse inspired region like Elbaf?
Saturn’s Eyes…
I'm not sure if Saturn's eyes are just his full animal form, or if he might be possessed by Imu. Not saying anything and that weird look in his eyes just make me think he's being puppeted by Imu.
Caribou…just…Caribou…
I'm not sure about Caribou. Has he ever mentioned looking up to Blackbeard before? I'm still not sure if I buy Caribou at face value, here. It's possible that he's trying to play them. There's just something insincere about his reaction to this. He does have a history of lying to survive just about any situation. And then I think about those theories about Caribou actually being Rocks in disguise. I mean, the hair DOES look similar to me. And what’s mud, but “Rocks” mixed with water?
Where in the world is Lafitte?
Maybe Lafitte is already on Elbaf? Maybe he's already hypnotized Loki into doing something. Like a villainous version of Odin’s ravens, whispering secrets in Loki’s ear.
Mind your “D”s and “S”s…
I saw this pointed out in a comment of another youtube video I watched.

The “D” clan’s initial…is actually VERY similar to the “S”s in the names of the Seraphim. S-Shark, S-Hawk, S-Snake.

So…it’s possible the D Clan were originally the “Seraphim” or Artificial Warriors for the Ancient Kingdom. Everything's a parallel, NO EXCEPTIONS!
Who DID give Luffy the food, anyway?!
I just want to point out that we still don’t know who did this on Egghead. Whoever it was had the ability to sneak right under Saturn’s nose and get Luffy over to some vending machines without ever being seen. Or even sensed.

Caribou hasn’t brought it up, so it’s probably not him. Same goes for Van Augur, because while he could just Warp his way over there, he never brings up doing that. It doesn’t seem like Kizaru had any interest at moving at light speed to get Luffy some food. All the Strawhats and Vegapunks seem to be accounted for other places.

So, that means there’s someone else on this island. And I’m really not sure who it could be. This whole situation reminds me a lot of the Tontatta from Dressrossa. How they wouldn’t be noticed because they’re so small, so they could just quickly steal things. But, I don’t think we know of anyone who’s that small who’d be around here.

So…maybe it’s Perona? I could see Perona using her ghosts to invisibly get Luffy over to some food without being seen. Her ghosts could be invisible but still interact with things from a distance. And we DO need to find out what happened to Perona and Moria back on Hachinosu/Fullalead/Pirate Island. So…maybe they found their way over here in a series of comical mis-adventures? I don’t know, that’s my best guess for now.
Blackbeard’s Special Lineage
I think it's possible that Blackbeard is basically...everything. He might be a mix of EVERY race in the One Piece World. Fish Men, Giants, Buccaneers, Lunarians, etc. He might be the "perfect mutt" as it were, with the best attributes of all those races, completely by accident. I mean, what do you get if you mix all the colors together? Black! Both the absence and combination of all other colors and light.Those rings represent each one of his past family members. Each from a different race. All coming together in him.
Blackbeard’s true plan
My guess is, Blackbeard's plan is for Devon to mimic Saturn so they can either get close to Imu or kidnap them. Have her disguise themselves as someone Imu trusts so they can get close and make their move on them. Blackbeard probably knows about Imu, since his crew seems to know about the Gorosei's powers already. They don't seem surprised by their yokai forms at all.

But, I don’t think Blackbeard sent Devon and Van Augur to Egghead JUST to touch Saturn. I mean, that definitely was a bonus, but I don’t know if that was his ENTIRE plan.

If Blackbeard’s whole plan was just to get Caterina to touch Saturn, he’d have to count on Luffy defeating Saturn, to be able to use that for anything. Otherwise, Saturn himself would just show back up and his plan to impersonate him would backfire. Blackbeard has no way of knowing that Luffy will actually defeat Saturn and he isn't really making any moves to help make it happen, as far as we've seen. But, I do think Blackbeard would have some sort of backup plan ready to go just in case something like this didn't work out. Like changing plans when taking Boa's Love Fruit didn't seem to work out.

Simply: Capture Vivi.

If Blackbeard has Vivi, he can likely get anything he wants from Imu, since Imu WANTS Vivi. It's one of the only things we've seen Imu desire. And Vivi probably is heading somewhere around Egghead with Big News Morgans. The problem with this idea is, how would Blackbeard even know Imu wants Vivi in the first place?

Well, let's ask ourselves: How did Blackbeard know Saturn left Mariejois to go to Egghead in the first place? It seems Blackbeard either has a mole in the Marines or some other way of getting information. So, what if Blackbeard's Darkness powers are somehow tied to the dark powers of the Gorosei? What if his Devil Fruit literally allows him to listen into the conversations of the most powerful people of the world? Both Blackbeard and the Gorosei have connections to darkness and shadow, so it's not too much of a stretch to think their powers could be connected in some way. And it'd be a interesting twist if all the times we've watched the Gorosei have conversations alone together, we've ACTUALLY been watching Blackbeard overhear those same conversations. It might even be the original reason why Blackbeard wanted the Darkness Fruit so badly, in the first place. To gain crucial intel about the most powerful people in the world.

Mind, that also requires Blackbeard to have ANOTHER heretofore unrevealed power. But, that's almost par for the course for him.
Nika and a famous folk hero
Was Nika/Joyboy basically Johnny Appleseed? Because there sure do seem to be a LOT of important trees all around the world.

The Treasure Tree Adam. The Sunlight Tree Eve. Wano’s giant bonsai tree. Green Bit on Dressrossa. Ohara’s Tree of Knowledge. Nami’s orange groves. All of Little Garden. All of the Sabody Archipelego. Skypeia’s fever curing Kona Trees.

Even Egghead. Vegapunk has a "apple" on his head. His GIANT BRAIN might BE the tree!

If the Strawhats are following in Nika’s foot steps, then this guy left trees everywhere he went.

So, yeah, I think these various trees will probably end up being important, somehow. Maybe they’re all “listening” to people’s wishes in order to create Devil Fruits?
The Name of the Ancient Kingdom
...what if it's Binks? What if Binks wasn't a PERSON this whole time, it was a country? And EVERYONE knows that song. It WOULD mean something to people.

Imagine the world finding out the World Government destroyed a peaceful country of sake brewers. They'd be LIVID.
The Fate of Laugh Tale
You know, the more I think about it…I think Imu’s going to end up using the Mother Flame to sink Laugh Tale into the ocean just so they don’t have to deal with it anymore. Because why not? Why keep this island around, if it’s such a big threat?

And then Luffy’s going to dive headfirst into the hole after it. And THAT’S where we’ll find out about the Underworld. And probably the caged Dragons. And probably meet back up with Kaido and Big Mom.

As they said in Revolutionary Girl Utena: “If it cannot break its egg's shell, a chick will die without being born. We are the chick. The world is our egg. If we don't crack the world's shell, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!”

This world is a shell, and it’s time to break it! Literally!

And I’m just going to share this video that I find interesting. It might be interesting to non-One Piece fans, too. It goes over the real-world mythological inspiration for the Sharingan and other eye powers in Naruto. It's just well researched.

I’m not sure if I REALLY buy the theory that Zoro actually has some sort of eye power or not. It’s not impossible, but Zoro’s scar MIGHT just be there to look cool. And I’m not even sure where Zoro would GET some sort of special “magic” power. I mean…I guess Perona COULD have had one of her ghosts “possess” his eye or something? But, Mihawk isn’t magic.

But…just humoring the theory for a bit, what WOULD Zoro’s eye power BE anyway? The best I can come up with is a literal “piercing gaze”. Where he cuts anything he looks at with his special eye.

But, the more likely scenario, if his eye isn’t damaged, is that he was just training. Instead of “one arm tied behind his back”, he just has one eye closed for YEARS. Like having weighted clothing for training in Dragon Ball. Just imagine how amazing his sword skills are when he uses BOTH eyes!

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Well the Pink Gun Rabbit of doom is getting a second season.
View attachment 19565

I already knew it was getting a second season, personally, I liked it more than the main series as it was mostly about actually playing the game instead of lives are at stake, cannot die as SAO pretty much devolved into, besides, Gun Gale is SAO strongest arc, the most resent one to be animated, god that is to big for its own good and I was more intersted in the events going on outside of VR than in it, the leader of the attackers had no connection to the leads and wasn't that a great a villian, but then SAO villians have been rather shallow, aside from maybe the second one as his motivations were, more clear and mostly rooted in selfishness, thou in general, the series wasted its greatest strength toward the end of its first arc

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Time for a COMBINATION...MEAL!

I don't know, some of these WcDonalds shorts are kind of fun.

Also, McDonalds is currently doing a Yu-Gi-Oh and Hello Kitty fusion Happy Meal in Belgium, of all places. It's pretty cute.
GIPsZgoXUAICRHp.jpg

GINDPRiakAAukjP.jpg

It's all "original series" Yu-Gi-Oh, which is kind of a mixed bag, but those probably are the most iconic monsters. But, Dark Magician Girl/My Melody, Slifer/Kuromi, Exodia/Pompompurin, and Blue-Eyes White Dragon/Cinnamoroll are all winners.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Finally got around to watching the second Macross Delta movie, Zettai Live, which is actually an original movie that takes place after the series technically, as it does take place after the first compilation movie which they crammed the entire series into, to my understanding. Nice to see Max and Exedore back, and I'm glad they finally addressed the issue of the missing Megaroad-1 and just what happened to it. Though we still don't know who Lady M is I really do wonder if it's Misa, Minmei, or something else given it uses the same frequency as the Megaroad and when they backtraced the transmission to Lady M it DID lead to the Megaroad after all. And they might have a way to finally rescuing it in the future via these Super Fold Gate.

One other thing though I"m wondering... They stated Lady M was responsible for banning cybernetics, advanced AI, and cloning... cybernetics was obviously spurred by Macross Galaxy, and advanced AI by Sharon Apple - in fact the so-callled Siren System was basically suing the same type AI. But was the cloning ban simply to pre-emptively prevent another Zentradi issue? Or was there an incident I'm forgetting that would have spurred that like the previous two pieces of tech?

Bunch of spoilers but I'm not sure how many here have actually seen it, given Macross hype kind of died off after Delta TV ended.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It may build again with the majority of it finally getting a legal way to stream it soon.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Watching another old Super Robot series, in the west it went by a different name and a ton of changes, such as the nameless troops dying, prefered to as robots, I'm watching Armoured Fleet Dairugger XV, AKA Vehicle Voltron and I love it. The basic story, is the space war, thou the ship Ruggerguard primary mission is to find livable worlds and map out parts of the galaxy, the titlar robot, is transported inside and every vehicle has equipment for exploring planets! The enemy, is after livable worlds as well, but they are ruled by tyrants, where's Earth is in a fedderation with two other worlds, thus the main cast is made up of the three races, plus both genders, the enemy is of course narrow minded in terms of grovernance and go to extreme lengths to get what they want, example, in the third ep, they send Proton missiles towards the planet that both sides are after and it results in destruction of the planet! I always like this series, more than the Lion series (Go Lion), the titlar robot feels a little more natural and they are fighting actual robot machines with Dairugger and there is no magic, just techonlgy, plus the villians tend to be far more relatable as Go Lion villians are mostly your standard evil for the sake of being evil!!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This might be silly to post here, but I guess I'm doing it anyway.

Since One Piece is on a month long break, I decided to try my hand at a mental exercise. Can I link together a good number of my theories into some sort of semi-coherent Megatheory?

And attached is the result. It's mostly stuff I've posted here. But, it's also been tweaked and added to in order to try and make it into a potential alternate ending scenario for One Piece. Think of this like a "Director's Cut" of all my various theories, so far. I think I address almost every lingering plot thread in this PDF. Which makes it clock it at a hefty page count.

Actually getting this to attach required sacrificing the picture quality on a lot of it. I do have a better quality version, but this lower-res version could actually be attached, so I'm going with this one. I don't know if anyone's actually going to read this or not, after all. It's mostly just to say "This is a thing I did". Part of me just wants to see if I manage to even get close to guessing right once One Piece returns.

Attachments

• Vegapunks Message-The Dragons Are Coming-Megatheory-small.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 8

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, I have recently been watching a lot of anime with my son, Haywire3, including season 1 of Pokemon, 2004 Tetsujin 28, 80s Shin Tetsujin 28, 60s Gigantor, and took a sidestep for an episode of Megas XLR which led to hunting down Star Blazers: Quest for Iscandar, all of which he has really loved. He's also seen Speed Racer, Porco Rosso, My Neighbor Totoro, and Laputa.
He IS 5-1/2, and a little sensitive about people dying (sort of), so we haven't tried Macross/Robotech or some of the other Ghibli films, and it will be quite some time before I let him watch City Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Space Adventure Cobra or similar shows, but I'm kind of wondering what other classic anime I can introduce him to? Thinking about Astro Boy, which I've never seen myself, and Patlabor (though I hate the dub), mayyyybe Irresponsible Captain Tylor (it's kind of borderline). Anyone have any suggestions?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Why not GaoGaiGar? It was originally intended for children after all... or really any of the other Braves(outside Might Gaine, as it has a surprisingly bloody scene near the end). They're all available via fansubs in one fashion or another. The Eldran series too - all three bots were run by elementary school kids if I recall right(though Gosaurer I think was 5th graders?) and Raijin-Oh is out legit on physical disc in the west. (The other two are out via fansub as well).

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, the first episode of Astro Boy usually involves the death of the child Astro's based on. Although, as long as you don't show him that first episode, everything else should be fine. And if you can track down the 2003 Astro Boy anime, that'd be a fun watch for him.

I'm assuming that you're watching all these dubbed? He's probably a little young for sub-only shows? So, something like GaoGaiGar or Shinkalion or Kotetsushin Jeeg is probably out.

Since he seems to like robots, I'd suggest Gundam Build Fighters. That's a lighter show without any death in it. Although, I'm not sure if the the dub is actually worth watching or not.

G Gundam is also a possibility. It's a little more intense, but still not as serious or dire as other Gundam shows.

Medabots I think would be right up his alley, if you can track it down.

Zoids. All the Zoids series. I think he'd dig that.

Escaflowne feels like it could be a maybe? Or the Giant Robo OVA? Or Gunbuster? Maybe when he's a little older? I'm not sure.

SSSS Gridman feels like another maybe. Along with something like Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac.

Cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor Moon are good, but he might think they're too girly.

Slayers, on the other hand, might have enough action and comedy to keep him interested. It might also be worth trying Little Witch Academia.

Maybe Megaman NT Warrior? It might be a little confusing for him since those games are getting a little old now, but he might dig the anime.

Voltron seems like kind of a no brainer.

And as long as you've got him watching older anime, you might as well try Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets.

Zatch Bell I think would be fun.

Same for something like Rave Master.

Or even Fairy Tail.

Or Black Clover.

Or Dr Stone.

Or InuYasha.

Or Ronin Warriors.

Oban Star Racers might be fun for a watch.

I think the Mysterious Cities of Gold would be a pretty fun watch, again, if you can track it down.

The english dub of the first season of Duel Masters might be kind of a fun watch. It might one day prepare him for the english dub of Ghost Stories, which he should not watch yet.

Ultimate Muscle might be fun.

Shaman King might be worth a watch.

I know there's a dub for Doraemon. I'm not sure how available it actually is, currently. But it does exist, and it can be a lot of fun.

One Piece would probably be fine. And you'd certainly have plenty to watch. It might be too long, though.

Yu-Gi-Oh. As long as you don't start him with the darker "Season Zero", I think he could probably handle that.

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are a maybe. Sure, there can be a lot of death, but it's all treated so causally that he might not even mind.

If he likes Pokemon, you could show him some of the other monster collecting or toy based anime. Like Digimon, or Monster Rancher. Or the original Beyblade or Bakugan.

Then there's stuff like Daigunder, or Dinozaurs, or Fighting Foodons, or Mon Colle Knights, or Flint the Time Detective, which I have NO idea how you'd track down.

...That's probably too much, but you should have options, now. I'll admit, some of these are right on the edge of what he might be prepared for. Some of the action shows might be a little too violent for him, or he might love them to bits. I did try to pick ones from the "lighter" side of action, though. Most of these could air on Saturday mornings without much issue, I think.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yeah, didn't think about dubs. GGG has the first half dubbed, but they never did the second half to my knowledge. Raijin-Oh suffered the same fate from what I'm seeing, where only part of it was dubbed.

If you can hunt it down, there's also the Tranzor Z dub of Mazinger. Gurren Lagann might work too. Orguss was dubbed. There's also Space Battleship Nadeisco, though it might go a bit over his head in parts(albeit not as much as we might think given you've already introduced him to Super Robot shenanigans, which is one of the main things you need to get to understand the plot).

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Lots of great suggestions! I completely forgot about Voltron! Thank you!

Yeah, I'm trying to stick with dubbed right now. I can read him subtitles, and he knows some numbers and colors in Japanese, and we've even watched some Ultraman Kids without me trying to translate, but dubbed is just easier.

The death thing, I'm not really trying to shield him from it, just trying to avoid some of the more graphic bits (for example, when Rick guns down the Zentraedi soldier at the beginning of Macross). But we've had to deal with some death as a family, so when it's a character motivation thing, I'm not really against it, as long as it's not a graphic death.

And, yeah, we're pretty heavily steeped in Super Robots at the moment, mixed with some live action like Giant Robo. So, lots of good suggestions! Thanks again!

EDIT: deal WITH some death. We do not deal death as a family here, only mercy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom