Transformers Legacy toyline

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It'll probably come out at the usual places like previous Chinese New Year releases. It's listed at Voyager price and also includes a flight stand.
Transformers-Year-Of-The-Dragon-Crimsonflare-03.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
View attachment 18169View attachment 18170
I like the new head and the weapon being a triple-barreled ancient Chinese hand cannon but I dunno, the mold's not that great and the remaining knight parts clash with the theme.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Apologies. Local retailers listed it as Legacy and I admittedly wasn’t very thorough looking through the threads.

Last edited:

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
I hope that the next attempt at on-screen Cybertronian modes takes a page from The War Within and at least tweaks the robot modes to make sense.

BB and Jazz are fine for what they tried to do (I'm on the fence re: Wheeljack), but they can do something else next time.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope that the next attempt at on-screen Cybertronian modes takes a page from The War Within and at least tweaks the robot modes to make sense.

BB and Jazz are fine for what they tried to do (I'm on the fence re: Wheeljack), but they can do something else next time.

There's a special insane charm about the G1 Episode 1 characters that transform from Sci-Fi vehicles into robots that somehow already have Earth mode kibble that I absolutely love and can't believe we've actually gotten in real, plastic form, and I'm happily buying them.

But for a future series, yeah, I'd want the robots to look like they turn into whatever their Cybertronian modes are.

Shadewing

Citizen
There's a special insane charm about the G1 Episode 1 characters that transform from Sci-Fi vehicles into robots that somehow already have Earth mode kibble that I absolutely love and can't believe we've actually gotten in real, plastic form, and I'm happily buying them.

But for a future series, yeah, I'd want the robots to look like they turn into whatever their Cybertronian modes are.

I mean, this is what some of us wanted exactly from Siege. And we only got more or less three: The Seeker mold, Optimus, and Soundwave. So now that we are getting these, I am happy. More so that Bumblebee might be able to fit somehow inside of Wheeljack. For Cybertronian molds that look like non-earth vehicles, we get that much more often between TWW designs and the WFC video game designs. Arguably the BB movie design as well.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It is odd how I want to know if I can attach the gun to Wheeljack's shoulder, and every picture and video so far seems to go out of its way to NOT show the top of the shoulders to see if they have a peg hole anywhere.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, this is what some of us wanted exactly from Siege. And we only got more or less three: The Seeker mold, Optimus, and Soundwave. So now that we are getting these, I am happy. More so that Bumblebee might be able to fit somehow inside of Wheeljack. For Cybertronian molds that look like non-earth vehicles, we get that much more often between TWW designs and the WFC video game designs. Arguably the BB movie design as well.

Can you imagine if Siege had gone whole-hog on this idea? A whole line of newly made-up alt modes that fit in with the general sleek, rounded Cybertronian aesthetic as seen in More than Meets the Eye, but turning into exactly the G1 bots, complete with Earth kibble? A Siege Optimus that goes from something like the Gamer Edition alt-mode to the Earthrise robot mode? It would have been amazing.

Shadewing

Citizen
Can you imagine if Siege had gone whole-hog on this idea? A whole line of newly made-up alt modes that fit in with the general sleek, rounded Cybertronian aesthetic as seen in More than Meets the Eye, but turning into exactly the G1 bots, complete with Earth kibble? A Siege Optimus that goes from something like the Gamer Edition alt-mode to the Earthrise robot mode? It would have been amazing.

I'd imagine an Optimus in that vein would still look semi-ish, seeing as Bumblebee still kinda like like a VW bug, just in a sorta classic UFO way; Jazz is still kinda a sports car, adn Wheeljack while not being a race car, feels like a Van or cargo/shipping truck. So he'd probably be a sleek looking Semi. Maybe an angled front like Wheeljack, likely a single window. In hindsight it could create a visual connection between Orion Pax toy (Kup repaint, who has a similar front end) while still feeling like Optimus and a Semi.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd imagine an Optimus in that vein would still look semi-ish, seeing as Bumblebee still kinda like like a VW bug, just in a sorta classic UFO way; Jazz is still kinda a sports car, adn Wheeljack while not being a race car, feels like a Van or cargo/shipping truck. So he'd probably be a sleek looking Semi. Maybe an angled front like Wheeljack, likely a single window. In hindsight it could create a visual connection between Orion Pax toy (Kup repaint, who has a similar front end) while still feeling like Optimus and a Semi.

So attempted a quick and dirty attempt of what I'd image such a vehcile mode to look like

mtmteop.png

Top Bottom