Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
What would happen if Mind Flayers (Dungeons and Dragons) found the home world of the Utroms (TMNT)?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm pretty much accepting of the fact that my laptop is likely dead (and tbf it is December, I can get a new one as a Christmas present if that's the case, I admittedly am eying this $700 one at Best Buy) but I did just ask if he'd tried swapping out the battery for a new one because maybe that's the problem with it not charging or turning on, like the battery is so dead it won't even charge.

If that is the problem, I think we're both gonna scream. All these months of trying to figure out why the hell isn't it working and it was just the battery being totally dead.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I'm not much of a tech person but if it was just the battery, wouldn't it work normally if you plugged it in?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Nah it all just depends on the laptop. Like some laptops will work completely fine even with a dead battery (or even with the battery removed) as long as it's plugged in and yet some won't.

And I have had issues with this battery since the day I got this laptop back in 2020 tbh, they just never bothered me because I have it plugged in 99% of the time because it's a gaming laptop.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Kind of started setting up my christmas display for my bedroom today, going to be similar to last year's with Black Zarak taking centre stage in base mode, but I'm going have to find some alterative lights as the ones I been using aren't working to their fullest potential as they are powered by batteries and they aren't giving me the results I want, with one set, pretty much dead and its not the batteries fault as they are fresh and working, so, I guess, I'll need to do some digging later on in the roof!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
So still nowhere near a comfnuter.
The only other thing that's been replaced on it was I upgraded the SSD from the 256 GB one it came with to a 1 TB one because...I mean 256 GB is like nothing. I get that that's one of the ways they get budget gaming laptop prices, well, at budget prices but I had like 35-40 GB free space on it when I upgraded to a bigger SSD.

Plus hey with the external SSD enclosure I bought, I can just use the old drive as an external SSD for...stuff. I haven't actually ever used it for anything.

(If I ever get this damn thing back, I'm gonna add a second SSD to it because I mean there's a whole ass unused 2.5 inch bay for a SATA drive, might as well pop on over to Best Buy and get a 2 TB SATA SSD for MORE storage)

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Let me tell you if I do end up getting my laptop fixed, I am not looking forward to like months worth of updates that I'd need to do.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Windows updates are a lot smoother than they used to be. I might not have turned them off on my Windows 7 rig if they'd been like this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So Youtube updated this week and is currently detecting uBlock, so I very reluctantly switched it off. I am planning to switch it back on as soon as uBlock figures out how to thwart the detection again. But...

... It's been a couple days and I haven't gotten an ad yet. Where did they all go?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
You can check https://drhyperion451.github.io/does-uBO-bypass-yt/ to see if UBlock's filters are up to date yet or not. I was about to say you might want to check because it was working fine after my last update(though I had to update the addon too to 1.54), but it looks like Youtube updated their script 4 hours ago as of this post. On the other hand 1.54+ checks every 6 hours automatically for updated filters, so it should keep things better in check on its own.

Top Bottom