Who should be Commander Class

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just what the title asks, what characters would you like to see at the $89 to $100 Commander Class?

(For reference, some Past Commanders being Sky Lynx, Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Magmatron and Motormaster.)

Ok so off the top of my head:

Powermaster Prime (Marvel Comics version preferably)
Fort Max (Marvel Version)
Scorponok (Marvel Version)
Thunderwing
Basically ANY Pretender character from the larger size assortments (Vehicles, Animals, Mega, Ultra)
Magnaboss
Tripredacus
Torca
Big Red
Grandus (Also acceptable at Titan)

-ZacWilliam, I'm sure there a lot of great choices that aren't jumping to the front of my brain. Suggestions?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Agreed on Powermaster Prime. That's my #1 pic by a wide margin for my most wanted Commander.

They don't make playsets anymore, so give me a G1 spacebridge like this:
snap_cap00112-2282-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg

that turns into a robot named Spanner. He can, like the Marvel version, be not a Decepticon, but an Autobot or Neutral that's been turned into a spacebridge against his will.

Skystalker with his shuttle base. I'd ask for Countdown's rocket base, too, but they given us a few homages to it already, so chances of that seem lower.

Omega Spreem!

Thunderclash (this one seems like a pretty decent possibility)

Hyperdrive. It's about time he was de-fictionalized.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Powermaster Prime would be a really good contender. I'd add:

-JG1 Overlord. HasLab would also be a good fit, but there's a lot that they could do at the Commander pricepoint.

-G1 Roadbuster. Make him big, chonky, armed to the teeth, fun to transform, and poseable as hell.

-G1 Onslaught. Let's keep the combiner updates rolling! Speaking of combiners...

-RID Rail Racer / Team Bullet Train.

-BM Tankor. C'mon, you know it'd be epic!

-BW Rampage with Quickstrike. Would be a fun set. Leader size Rampage + small Deluxe Quickstrike.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Powermaster Optimus Prime (let Ginrai be like a Voyager Weaponizer released separately)

Thunder Clash as an all-new mold (I'd be fine with him at Leader class, but this allows more budgetary room for the trailer base)

Thunderwing (again, fine with this at Leader or even Voyager, but maybe this way we can get a Voyager base robot with a Stormbringer like giant whatever mode shell)

Star Convoy (all new mold; the Selects one was a far less successful retool vs Super Megatron)

Grandus, maybe as a large Modulator (very curious to see how the size/engineering balance would work on a basebot at this level)

Tidal Wave (I'm glad the Titan exists for those who wanted one for that purpose, but this would work better with Leader Megs, and I can actually afford/store one at this price point)

Badgertron

Citizen
I STRONGLY feel like they should move up to two commanders a year, considering all of the characters they have price bumped up into that class, and the number of truck characters they've been wanting to do. It would also give them a bit more space to do redecoes of existing molds (Let's go Thunderclash!).

Tidal Wave as a commander would give us a beefed up version of the original toy that would still fit on a normal shelf.

Six Shot, focus on complexity, a more fun transformation, bigger guns.

RID Megatron could be fun, but depends on what we give up from the original toy.

I would actually be ok with smaller, commander sized versions of some of the city bots, especially Omega Supreme.

The Phazer

Citizen
I STRONGLY feel like they should move up to two commanders a year, considering all of the characters they have price bumped up into that class, and the number of truck characters they've been wanting to do. It would also give them a bit more space to do redecoes of existing molds (Let's go Thunderclash!).

Tidal Wave as a commander would give us a beefed up version of the original toy that would still fit on a normal shelf.

Six Shot, focus on complexity, a more fun transformation, bigger guns.

RID Megatron could be fun, but depends on what we give up from the original toy.

I would actually be ok with smaller, commander sized versions of some of the city bots, especially Omega Supreme.

TBF they basically have, they're just calling one SS86 for now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think all that could be given up from the original toy (short of removing any mode transformations) would be the projectile-launching sword blades. A new one would just have the blades and the hilts molded together as one piece.

Other than that, the figure had no electronics or light-piping eyes or any other fancy gimmicks of years past. The multi-changer transformations were that figure's main gimmick.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If anything, some of the more complex ratchet joints could be further simplified into mere ball joints.

And they could always hollow out the figure's arms and legs. ;)

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'd really like to see a lot more Commanders. My initial list:

• Maybe other combiner bodies like Motormaster. I think Onslaught and Hot Spot could pull it off. Not as sure about the others.
  • Omega Supreme, assuming we eventually get a Devastator at the same size as other combiners.
  • Broadside could work. I'm not sure I'd buy him, but definitely much more likely than the 0% chance I'd ever want a Titan.
  • Maybe Thunderwing, if based on IDW, or if it's a smaller robot with complicated engineering to pull off all the original toy gimmicks. I never felt like Marvel TW was bigger than maybe Leader size.
  • PMOP / Super Ginrai, with Voyager-sized Ginrai.
  • Overlord. Simpler engineering than PMOP, so hopefully a larger robot that could equal God Ginrai.
  • Dai Atlas
  • Star Convoy
  • TM2 Megatron. Not going to happen due to the Legacy Leader, but I think he should've been a Commander.
  • Optimal Optimus
  • Optimal Megatron - or better, just a swappable head for OpOp.
  • BWII Galvatron, maybe. Maybe Leader.
  • BM Megatron. Basically TM2 Megatron with some sort of wing/cloak transformation and control harness.
  • BM Megabolt Megatron. Titan would be more appropriate, but Commander would work.
  • RiD Optimus
  • RiD Ultra Magnus
  • RiD Megatron/Galvatron
  • Energon Optimus & Megatron
  • Cybertron Optimus & Megatron
  • Animated Lugnut
  • Infernocus
  • Stratosphere

Probably others, but those are the big ones that come to mind.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I think all that could be given up from the original toy (short of removing any mode transformations) would be the projectile-launching sword blades. A new one would just have the blades and the hilts molded together as one piece.

Other than that, the figure had no electronics or light-piping eyes or any other fancy gimmicks of years past. The multi-changer transformations were that figure's main gimmick.
There's the weird gripping gimmick in hand mode. Toss that, give him a waist joint instead. Otherwise, most of his alt nodes are so arbitrary in the first place that they wouldn't really have to give up anything to keep all ten.

Speaking of arbitrary alt nodes, Sixshot and Quickswitch.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, no Transformer with more than two alt modes (and a fair number with more than one, even leaving out Cybertronian modes) actually looks like anything in most of them, so he doesn't really stand out much in that company.

Top Bottom