WFC Kingdom Appreciation Thread

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
My Walmart finally got something new! ...core-class Soundwave, yaaaay.
He's pretty fun, at least. Hips are floppy but otherwise he's good. I like that the tiny Laserbeak is specifically based on the Masterpiece toy.

I have no one in scale to go with him, oh well. He can just hang out with my other Soundwaves instead.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Same. I managed to buy Waspinator. Tho it seems like his torso doesn't stay pegged into his pelvis very well.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I finally got Rodimus in today along with Rhinox from this line, I haven't messed with Rhinox yet as I've been at work, but I have messed with Rodimus a bit and got a idea for some pics!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro officially reveals Pipes, Slammer (who apparently is an IRONWORKS retool, wow!), and (again) Blaster+Eject!
248072196_6374930059243801_2414152564629342460_n.jpg
254553562_6374929422577198_5916627292289265918_n.jpg
257463820_6374928782577262_7297415705213342421_n.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kind of feel like expecting him to integrate into Metroplex in some way that seems pre-planned and natural is only going to lead to disappointment. I'm thinking it'll be more like the way Brunt attaches to Trypticon: You take him apart and put the pieces somewhere that looks good to you.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I kind of feel like expecting him to integrate into Metroplex in some way that seems pre-planned and natural is only going to lead to disappointment. I'm thinking it'll be more like the way Brunt attaches to Trypticon: You take him apart and put the pieces somewhere that looks good to you.
That's what I did with Sixgun myself.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
IDK, Slammer looks really cool to me. Would've preferred a non-weaponizer, but I especially love that he gives us missilepod battery accessories finally!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

That's what I'd have done had they not announced it as working with the original. But they did, and I want to see what they mean. If it's disappointing, then back to Plan A there. But it's the curiosity that's killing me here.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, just kind of randomly thinking here, does anyone have any insight into the wave breakdowns for Kingdom deluxe figures? BBTS originally had wave 4 as Waspinator, Shadow Panther, and 2 'mystery' figures. Now, those figures have been 'revealed' as Pipes and Slammer.

Thing is, every sighting Ive seen of Waspy and SP has made no mention of the other 2. And what Ive seen in stores that had them is 1 Waspy and 1 SP, no more of either. So, were those 2 part of a late wave 3 revision and wave 4, or is what BBTS selling actually wave 5? In which case, what figures were repeated in wave 4?

Or, could Hasbro street date half of a wave and stores actually follow through?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For those who do not know, these four were the original concept for wave four. Due to retailer demand the wave was split into waves 4 and 5 with the following case pack assortments:
Wave 4:
Waspinator x2
Shadow Panther x2
Tracks x2
Paleotrex x2

Wave 5
Pipes x2
Slammer x2
Scorponok x2
Arcee x2

Glad to see Scorponok getting repackaged at least, wave 3 had a lot of distribution issues (I never saw it until recently) so it's nice for those who don't shop online. Gotta love how ERcee now has been repacked twice! Should probably also mention that Tigatron is still wave 4 and Blaster was pulled from Legacy for an early release in Kingdom under wave 5. I am uncertain as to what the repacks are for each wave.

Also, Hasbro is not stupid for splitting the wave to appeal to retailer demand.

Top Bottom