Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wouldn't be surprised if Hot Rod has been retooled to look like IDW Hot Rod/Rodimus.
I think that’s the general expectation. Even so, there’s enough “flourish” within those changes I’d be willing to snag him again, even if he sports classic Hot Rod colors.

That said, I wouldn’t mind his “season 2” Lost Light look with the shades of blue and purple just for something different. That, and I need an evil Rodimus to go with my Four Horsemen Of Unicron thing I got going on (with Nemesis Prime, Primal and Galvatron) since PotP Rodimus has gotten a bit pricey these days (dang Shattered Glass nerds!).

Also wouldn’t mind see them do something like the third season Cyberverse deco with the near-black metallic red.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Same. Though by "all of the Deluxes", I am referring only to Road Rocket, as that was the only one I wanted.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, my hunt had mixed results.

I can safely confirm that one of my local Wal-Marts does indeed have the Velocitron collection - the clerk I spoke to said they'd just been put out today. I saw multiple Road Haulers (and bought one!), as well as one each for Blurr, Burnout and Road Rocket. No Clampdowns, alas, and the clerk was of no help regarding any more being in stock.

Do we have any product numbers for these guys? I'm hoping something like that would help.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Walmarts near me are still too choked with the Buzzsaw wave of exclusives to bother putting anything else out.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I was at our local Walmart tonight, and found a case of what seemed to be just Road Hauler on the stock pallets they drop in the main aisles at night. Couldn't find a worker to open it or verify it was in the system. I'll go back in the morning and see if it got put out. Road Hauler is one I want, but maybe not a must-have.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I was at our local Walmart tonight, and found a case of what seemed to be just Road Hauler on the stock pallets they drop in the main aisles at night. Couldn't find a worker to open it or verify it was in the system. I'll go back in the morning and see if it got put out. Road Hauler is one I want, but maybe not a must-have.

If the Wal-Mart I went to yesterday is any indication, Road Hauler will likely be easy to find.

Haywire

Citizen
Actually, what I found today was Override. No sign of Road Hauler, though the box I saw last night was clearly marked with his name and assortment number. The mod isn't set at all, so I just have to keep going back at random times and searching. Kinda feels like shopping KayBee toys back in the day...

Hopefully the deluxe will start appearing soon.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Went to 4 Wal Marts yesterday and there was no sign that they intended to put anything out. All Wal Marts are not created equal and the ones in Milwaukee area are horrible.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Checked my nearest Walmart today and nothing. About 2 and 1/2 pegs worth of the Exclusive BW Legacy guys still, no Velocitron.

-ZacWilliam, probably won't get to check again till at least Friday.

Haywire

Citizen
YMMV, but mine is hanging new product in a different section of the action figure aisle than the established TF section. Both Speedia and Studio series core. If they're setting things ahead of a mod change, it might indicate TFs are moving, or someone is just putting new stuff out on open empty hooks, either way it might not hurt to just scan the whole aisle.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Went to a different one today. No sign of them, but there were empty spaces on the shelves where they could've been. Sadly, customer service was of no help...but in my experience, customer service is usually crap at Wal-Mart, so there you go.

I don't want to give in to the scalpers, but dang it, I'm tempted.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My nearest Walmart has no room for any new TF product, what with all the unsold Skidses and Arcees taking up half of the pegs, while the other half is taken up by a spillover of excess Lightyear, G.I. Joe, and Avatar: The Last Airbender toys.

The shelf space is dominated by Bulkheads, Vintage BW Scorponoks, RED figures, and SS86 Coronation Starscreams.

Nothing is moving.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I give up. Not finding the toys on the shelf is one thing, but the uncooperative idiots Wal-Mart has working for their Customer Service department just took my frustration to a whole new level. It's apparently impossible for them to check for a product, even if a customer has an EAN number available for them.

This time, the scalpers get my money.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Damn, that's frustrating. I checked one on the way to work this morning but there was no evidence of the Speedia stuff anywhere. Checked the aisles, end caps - nothing. I'm going to look at a few more stores before I give up.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Damn, that's frustrating. I checked one on the way to work this morning but there was no evidence of the Speedia stuff anywhere. Checked the aisles, end caps - nothing. I'm going to look at a few more stores before I give up.

I suspect that some stores are more likely to get them than others. Higher-end areas and all that. The lousy customer service, unfortunately, appears to be universal.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've got two stores in town, nothing in either of them as of Wednesday. I'm not too concerned, though. A lot of times my stores seem to be a bit behind on receiving and/or stocking new stuff.

Top Bottom