Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Y'know, switching some things around and adding/changing a character, this would've been a great opportunity to introduce Tigerhawk.

Like, replace Cheetor (who didn't have much to do) with Tigatron, give some of Primal's lines to him (the ones about allying with the humans and Earth being their home --Primal can keep his plot exposition scenes about the Key and all they've lost to get here), and let him have the tragic fight with Airrazor, resulting in both their deaths. Then the energon-infusion hits, and their merged bodies are revived as a new being.

I mean, it would have been a great opportunity to get Airrazor a robot mode, too, but if they didn't have the budget for that, there's no way they'd be able to pull off what you're suggesting.

All that aside, though? I'm for it.

It's probably easiest to just consider this guy a different Wheeljack, while the one in the Bumblebee movie goes on to become Que.

Much like how the Mirage in this movie is now considered a separate guy from Dino.

It's funny.

I like James Bond.

I love Back to the Future, and the characters within it.

I love Wheeljack.

I do not love Wheeljack as Doc Brown with a James Bond name. Can't even begin to tell you why.

Lobjob

Citizen
We've had Unicron plots that make a lot less sense than that.

I want this to happen now. Tie it all together. Go full bonkers.

Its why i get mad when people shriek REBOOT. All it takes is one decently constructed movie and its fine. Its one of the highest grossing franchises of all time, I'd hate to "lose" that history.

Also, time travel shenanigans can "easily" explain all the wonkiness that's in the last knight and the inconsistencies between movies. The timeline is in flux, yadda yadda, AND (if they wanted) we could come out of it with a new "universe" like Abram's first star trek movie.

Its not impossible, they just have to *want* to do it.

So if anybody is reading this...

wentwood

Citizen
With Star Trek caught up watching Trans Formers I - Bumblebee on DVD before Rise Of The Beasts gets a disk release.

I did see Trans Formers 1986 set before Series III.

Glitch

Citizen
Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants a Directors Cut with alternate dialogue and additional scenes but I wonder if what we want actually was the plan before Hasbro took scissors to it, I read an rumour a month ago that insiders were concerned it was a mess.

It may be expensive but it is possible, Alien 3, The Watchmen, Justice League are good examples of films improved in that way and while it would mostly be for fans, a DVD extra 'the story so far' would probably help for anyone else interested (plus forcing Michael Bay to narrate it to explain himself would be a bonus).

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Its why i get mad when people shriek REBOOT. All it takes is one decently constructed movie and its fine. Its one of the highest grossing franchises of all time, I'd hate to "lose" that history.

Also, time travel shenanigans can "easily" explain all the wonkiness that's in the last knight and the inconsistencies between movies. The timeline is in flux, yadda yadda, AND (if they wanted) we could come out of it with a new "universe" like Abram's first star trek movie.

Its not impossible, they just have to *want* to do it.

So if anybody is reading this...

The problem is those movies started off not great and got progressively worse as time went on. And that's just from the perspective of their quality as films and not even getting into the gross garbage that Michael Bay shoehorns into his flicks.

I'd rather they leave that stuff in the past.

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean you can keep it all and start again ala Abrams Star Trek. Link it together in a large loop where it both matters and does it. Wiping out six movies is a wild thing, especially when its a franchise most people have experienced.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At worst, they could just wipe out TLK and keep the rest. Bumblebee certainly seemed to be doing exactly that.

And if that turns out to be the case, I say good riddance to nixing the movie that thought it was a good idea to put Nazi banners on Winston Churchill's estate.

wentwood

Citizen
Trans Formers 5 The Last Knight had shown Unicron and now we may possibly see him in the next movie.

Took 3 movies for this to come up.

NovaSaber

Citizen
I mean you can keep it all and start again ala Abrams Star Trek. Link it together in a large loop where it both matters and does it. Wiping out six movies is a wild thing, especially when its a franchise most people have experienced.
Isn't having history changed in-universe closer to "wiping out" the old timeline than a completely unconnected reboot would be?

I mean, Armada didn't "wipe out" G1, but when DC does a Crisis event they do say the old timelines are no longer canon and literally don't physically exist in their current multiverse.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I mean, Armada didn't "wipe out" G1, but when DC does a Crisis event they do say the old timelines are no longer canon and literally don't physically exist in their current multiverse.

That maybe true, but we knew it would be a brand new timeline going in, with the movies, they been giving us mixed messages in regards to Rise of the Beasts & BB being a full on reboot or prequel to the Bay films and if anything, I would say that hurts the movie

Lobjob

Citizen
images (40).jpeg

wentwood

Citizen
The only thing about the movies is where the heck is RC? We see her tons in the episodes but on the big screen forget it.

6 movies and she hasn't shown up in any of them.

Why only bring her in now?

Also have we seen Star Scream?

LiamA

Citizen
On a side note. I was watching 'The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show'. It was a show from the Seventies with Peter Cullen in it. There was a sketch involving a gorilla and Peter Cullen was in the sketch. All I could think is this won't be the last time he'll be acting alongside a gorilla.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The only thing about the movies is where the heck is RC? We see her tons in the episodes but on the big screen forget it.

6 movies and she hasn't shown up in any of them.

Why only bring her in now?

Also have we seen Star Scream?

She was actually in Revenge of the Fallen (she was one of the three bike bots.. or all three bike bots depending on who you ask.) Because it's a Bay movie, she's given no characterization and just exist to look cool for 30 second and then get killed.

She was also at the beginning of Bumblebee where her job is to remind people of G1 Arcee.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
She was actually in Revenge of the Fallen (she was one of the three bike bots.. or all three bike bots depending on who you ask.) Because it's a Bay movie, she's given no characterization and just exist to look cool for 30 second and then get killed.

She was also at the beginning of Bumblebee where her job is to remind people of G1 Arcee.
I seriously thought Wentwood was being ironic or something, the more I read.

Top Bottom