Transformers Legacy toyline

Echowarrior

Citizen
I’d give them a little time. Unless you ordered a case or set, BBTS is probably filling single figure preorders from the solid cases Hasbro ships out.
Since Devcon seemed to be a popular choice in that assortment, BBTS might just be waiting on a shipment of Devcon cases before getting to yours.
I'm hoping that's the case. Thanks.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New leak, this time, Legacy Animated Bumblebee. Just robot mode pics at the moment

The general design doesn’t look awful in a mini bot sort of way. But Hasbro’s attempt to retain the “stylization” of Animated, RiD15 and Prime characters is still falling flat. I know not everyone was pleased with how Prime Arcee and Bulkhead turned out, but I think those attempts to “standardized” their faces worked a LOT better than this halfway measure we’re seeing on the likes of Prowl and Strongarm, and now Bumblebee.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I don’t hate it but it definitely feels “off” in a way that Prowl didn’t.

Maybe it’s the wider chest?
I think it’s the dainty feet. Animated or not, a defining feature of many Bumblebee designs are his big boot look. This one definitely messes with that established “body profile”

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Box 1.jpg

Box 2.jpg

PicsArt_1694953341579.png

Animated BB - Back.png

Animated BB - Bot.png

Not a fan of the face. It needs to be more G1 with a hint of animated, IMO.

QQ-20230917191357.jpg

Something more akin to a fan's design above perhaps?

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Animated is one of my favorite versions of Transformers, so I'm definitely down for this Bumblebee. I actually like the head sculpt in general, but I do agree that the smile is maybe 20% too "cartoony." If that smile had been rotated just a little closer to center, still offset enough to be a smirk, but not quite so exaggerated, I think I would have liked it more. Hoping to get a Wasp out of this mold, too.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Not digging that shoulder construction. Nor the fact that his feet are now backwards compared to the original design.

I really don't see what this offers any better than either the original Deluxe (which was an excellent figure) or the Takara-exclusive Jet Pack Bumblebee (which provided a smaller, more size-accurate version of the guy with less/better use of its kibble parts than the Deluxe).

Now, redeco/retool it as Wasp (something new and different enough that we've never gotten before in toy form), and then we'll talk.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The head is the opposite of Goldilocks zone. Either make it more G1 or more Animated, not this weird in-between thing. And yeah, the smirk looks pretty bad. It's just a line, which works for Animated but with the more G1-ish look, more defined mouth would probably look less out of place.

I agree the shoulders look terrible. That's the sort of thing you'd let pass on a Legends figure since they're tiny and cheap.

Lobjob

Citizen
I have to keep telling myself "you have the original version of this. You've been buying robots for a long time. You don't need this."

My version of self control is waiting for the clever repaint.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The body doesn't fit an Animated collection, and the head doesn't fit anything but an Animated collection.

This is like a bad GDO toy, except even worse because they went through all he trouble to make a complete new mold and it still doesn't match itself.

NovaSaber

Citizen
New leak, this time, Legacy Animated Bumblebee. Just robot mode pics at the moment

The general design doesn’t look awful in a mini bot sort of way. But Hasbro’s attempt to retain the “stylization” of Animated, RiD15 and Prime characters is still falling flat. I know not everyone was pleased with how Prime Arcee and Bulkhead turned out, but I think those attempts to “standardized” their faces worked a LOT better than this halfway measure we’re seeing on the likes of Prowl and Strongarm, and now Bumblebee.
I think the opposite; the head is the most important part to defining a character in general and to distinguishing Animated from G1 in particular, and this head is good in a way that none of the others were.
I also don't really see Prowl as particularly less "standardized" than the Prime characters. He definitely looked more like them than he does like Bumblebee. (Specifically talking about the head.)

The rest of the body being different aside, this still looks like Animated Bumblebee. Not "a G1 counterpart to Animated Bumblebee".

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Not digging that shoulder construction. Nor the fact that his feet are now backwards compared to the original design.

I really don't see what this offers any better than either the original Deluxe (which was an excellent figure) or the Takara-exclusive Jet Pack Bumblebee (which provided a smaller, more size-accurate version of the guy with less/better use of its kibble parts than the Deluxe).

Now, redeco/retool it as Wasp (something new and different enough that we've never gotten before in toy form), and then we'll talk.

Availability?

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
well we knew we weren't going to get a rebox of the animated toy... so I'm fine with the changes... lol it's classics animated Bee. there we go now he can go on my shelf next to skinny mirage and nerf megatron.

also nice to see prowls exist, whenever you want to send some to canada hasbro i'll just be here. money in hand

NovaSaber

Citizen
Yeah, and I don't like the "standardized proportions" nonsense in a main line, but it's more accurate than Prowl or especially Bulkhead in that regard too.
This isn't perfect but it's closer to what it should be than any other Legacy version of a character from RiD, Animated, Prime, the other RiD, or Cyberverse has been. (Shadow Striker's head is entirely correct; the problem is that her body is Sideburn's, which is a larger inaccuracy than just having wrong proportions.)

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Personally I like this Bee. He will fit right in with the rest of the Hive. Different enough for me to want him in the collection. There seems to be pics of a Legacy Windblade going around as well

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694982045729.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694982045729.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 85
  • FB_IMG_1694982037990.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694982037990.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 82

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I can definitely see the complaints, and kind of wonder if the feet aren't mistransformed (but don't really expect that is the case), but inspite of its flaws, I like this Bee. I will echo the sentiments of others that I am maybe more interested in what redecos we will get out of it, though (particularly Wasp!).

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
If he had big stompy car feet, I think I could go for it. As-is, this seems more like it fits in with that weird period around the end of Prime and for a while after where almost every new 'Bee take was a Slightly Different Take on the movie build, this one just lacks door wings.

Top Bottom