Transformers Legacy toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So Animated now has

Legacy Bulkhead, Prowl, Bumblebee and Optimus. I'm pretty stunned that Animated Ratchet isn't part of the leaks for next year. (He's not right? I feel like I would remember that.)

You can't come THAT close to doing the whole team and leave one guy out.

-ZacWilliam, I like Strongarm but it's easy for me not to "need" the rest of her team when it's only just her. If they did Fixit, and Sideswipe and Grimlock I'd be needing a Bumblebee to match...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Optimus is beautiful. As much as I loved Animated, I was poor at the time and had no extra cash for Transformers, so I never got an Optimus other than the Activator, so I'll be happy to have this guy.

Shadewing

Citizen
So Animated now has

Legacy Bulkhead, Prowl, Bumblebee and Optimus. I'm pretty stunned that Animated Ratchet isn't part of the leaks for next year. (He's not right? I feel like I would remember that.)

You can't come THAT close to doing the whole team and leave one guy out.

-ZacWilliam, I like Strongarm but it's easy for me not to "need" the rest of her team when it's only just her. If they did Fixit, and Sideswipe and Grimlock I'd be needing a Bumblebee to match...

I'm still half expecting him to show up as a trailbreaker remold somewhere, maybe selects. We don't usually know about them this much in advance.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So Animated now has

Legacy Bulkhead
As in Prime Universe Bulkhead? Cuz that noggin sure ain't Animated Bulkhead's.

INMJXqI.jpg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
As in Prime Universe Bulkhead? Cuz that noggin sure ain't Animated Bulkhead's.

INMJXqI.jpg
Won’t stop some from making the comparison. His Vehicle mode is more Animated than Primes big SUV. But does need the big green lower jaw to be more Animated.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I like our Animated boys here. Don’t like that Bees Stingers are hand held but other wise I can deal with his less rounded bot mode.
Per leaked photos, the stingers can operate like they should, and can be combined while wrist-mounted.

Optimus sure seems to be skewing a lot closer to the Animated aesthetic than 'Bee and Prowl did, though that's not a complaint by any stretch. For one, it makes me actually want him. Wish he had his multi-purpose blaster, but alas.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll never know what they were thinking there.

On the other hand, Prime looks okay to me. It does a much better job of sticking to an aesthetic. That's all I'm asking for here. Just pick a thing and do it well.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Won’t stop some from making the comparison. His Vehicle mode is more Animated than Primes big SUV. But does need the big green lower jaw to be more Animated.
I really don't see his vehicle mode as similar at all to either of them. It's closer to movie Bulkhead Hound.
(It's also boxier than literally any of them, or than the majority of real-life similar vehicles.)

The fact that Bumblebee's feet are larger in the Legacy artwork than on the figure itself only makes it weirder that his legs transform that weird way (which is both the reason his feet are too small and the reason the stripe is on the wrong side below his waist).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really don't see his vehicle mode as similar at all to either of them. It's closer to movie Bulkhead Hound.
(It's also boxier than literally any of them, or than the majority of real-life similar vehicles.)
It was even admitted in one of the designer Instagram posts that Legacy Bulkhead's altmode was indeed inspired by AOE Hound, and that the Amazon Wreckers redeco was made to give the figure an even bigger resemblance to Hound. So they just straight up admitted that they chose not to base the new Bulkhead figure directly on either existing Bulkhead. 😒

The fact that Bumblebee's feet are larger in the Legacy artwork than on the figure itself only makes it weirder that his legs transform that weird way (which is both the reason his feet are too small and the reason the stripe is on the wrong side below his waist).
It's made even weirder when one considers the fact that Animated Bumblebee having big boot-like feet was a nod to the feet of G1 Bumblebee, which were likewise made from the front bumper area of his own original toy, a toy that also had big boot-like feet. So the original feet were already a G1 homage. In fact, a vast majority of new-mold G1 Bumblebee toys ( and all of their redecos/retools) made since the original Classics mold in 2006 have all had big boots. Having big boots is simply G1 Bumblebee's thing (among other things), and the original Animated Bumblebee toys replicated that faithfully. Hasbro's attempt to G1-ify the feet of this new Animated Bumblebee results in eliminating something that was already G1-based.

Top Bottom