Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Remold?
IMG_3725.jpeg

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Not a lot that grabs me out of this bunch; my thoughts mostly echo Phazer's. The only one I like the look of is Dreadwing and even then I'd rather have a Skyquake, King Atlas or MW Starscream.

I want to like that Optimus but the cab pieces adding so much red to the legs really throws it off for me. I kinda wish they had gone with G2 Hero deco, given that it has same transformation with the curved cab turning into the legs (though facing backwards).

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Honestly, use this time to make him every garbage truck. TFA Wreckgar, Landfill, Salvage, Movie Garbage Truck guy, etc...
Now I want to see him in Waste Management colors. I certainly picture this character sounding like weird Al...shame we didn't get a show for Legacy

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Actually I was thinking of Junkheap or Garagebot when I mentioned movieverse Garbage truck.
I easily could be mistaken (and the image on the Wiki is ambiguous), but Daytrader struck me more as a semi with a flatbed carrying random junk and scrap or maybe a Dumpster-carrier than a trash-truck with a lifting arm.

Though unless it's Studio Series, it doesn't really matter.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Designer notes for Strongarm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct0ASGeMTcG/

Officer Strongarm is popping out of the animated 2015 Robots in Disguise portal and into your collection! I always felt she was a stand out character in the series and from the overwhelming response the team got on the livestream the other day, all of you thought the same!
A welcomed cybertronian police woman and an appearance from the RID series is really what Legacy brings to the table. Now I know what alot of you are thinking, was the Elita One mold the perfect base body for this character. The team thought it would be great to have these two side by side with some similarities, they make a great team featured here. Also, just some more insight, some other concepts and ideas are always in flux utilizing different molds for pitches so availability and timing always play a factor.
Koki san from Takara Tomy really did a wonderful job making this partial remolding the very best it could be. Some screenshots I captured from the animated series look almost identical to how she turned out here.
I pushed pretty hard on trying to get all the deco I could for this character. In her animated appearance, there were definitely some details and colors that seemed to jump around quite a bit. Even alot of the promotional art and toys for her had so many things differentiated it was hard to choose the right direction. I felt the two tone blue was a must and the face deco came out outta this world. Noted for future reference, the factory had quite a time trying to live up to the highly complex deco on such a small surface. The design journey on some of these characters keeps me up at night :ROFLMAO: !! The final look though is so worth it in the end!
Also, some of you may notice I’ve upgraded Strongarm here to an officer of the cybertronian police instead of a cadet. I feel she’s earned her stripes taking down the likes of so many crazy characters from that RID series. I’m excited to further make a solid police force with Prowl and some Autotrooper’s.
Autobots Roll Ing Down….errr the street…uhmmmm, yeah! Trying to think of an acronym for RID lol! Sorry folks, got nothing in the tank today!

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
She looks great there, and based on Elita-1 will look good with Minerva (cause I have no Goshooter) and CW Rook, I always headcanoned him and Strongarm as a cop team.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Someone more familiar with RID15 could probably nitpick it, but to me this looks great. It's wild seeing RID15 of all things skip the crude homage stage and get something this good for its first update.

Top Bottom