Zombodroid_21062023063255.jpg

Zombodroid_21062023062725.jpg

Zombodroid_21062023062811.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And it's superior to the Earthrise shield in every way. It's big enough to look useful, and it doesn't break the trailer's detailing.

This set is such a home run.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Oh son of a BITCH, I was all set to peacefully ignore the junkions save for maybe Axlegrease because purple, but. Goddamn monster truck rally dinosaur. Twist my arm until it pops off to use as another toy's accessory, why don't you.

Lobjob

Citizen
The Junkions are wonderful but I kinda want to see what their repaints will be. We'll see if i can resist grabbing any till then but they are so good.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Stevie’s thoughts!

Shadow Striker, I think they did a good job. But…I’m not overly attached to the character. And I see WAY too much SideBurn to not wait and see how he ends up.

Detritus- I have other Earth (or similar) Hounds, but I don’t have a Detritus. And having faction options is nifty, especially as I’ve eyed him to join Doubledealer’s Mercs faction in my collection.

Strongarm- I WANTED to be so excited…but it’s just not clicking. ESPECIALLY the headsculpt. I think there was so much complaining early on about how Prime/Animated head designs were translated, Hasbro went a little conservative here and the head looks TOO MUCH like the stylized RiD style. It feels a bit exaggerated, and the lipstick isn’t helping. I commend the re-shell job, but it comes across a little…”dainty” for a police utility vehicle.

Bombshell- My boy, what did they do to your head?! With all the budget and resources for a deluxe Legacy figure, THAT’s the best they could do with his head? Hopefully, it’s just a person issue and the head cannon can fold back farther. I’m probably stuck with him for completionist sake, but it would be highly disappointing if Hasbro dropped the ball at the end of the crew.

Snarl- I’m skipping the Core versions in favor of the Leaders, and my continued hope that we get a Dinoking to go with our Victory HasLabs.

Dreadwing- He’s gorgeous. I’m still skewing towards playing the waiting game to see if Machine Wars Starscream or Universe King Altas get leaked or something, but I don’t think I’d be sad getting him and a retool.

Bludgeon- The Tarn mold serves him well, but for budgetary reasons, I’ll probably pass.

Trashmaster- He’s a wonderful entry in the line, and the combined Junkion combiner is the best thing (Junk-a-saurus?). Not getting the Junkions, but I appreciate the efforts here.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I may get Dreadwing if I see one at retail or something before they announce a G1 colored Skyquake. I'm gonna pass on everything else. I love the junkasaurus but it’s not worth the combination of price and hassle of backtracking

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Hasbro's Mark Maher has shared a photo of the Junkion Combiner, "Junksaurus", from Transformers Legacy Evolution. The combined mode includes a mix of Trashmaster for the main body, Axlegrease & Scraphook for the legs and Crashbar and an unreleased figure for the arms.

50122__scaled_800.jpg

The Phazer

Citizen
Quick takes -

• I genuinely guffawed when they called Shadowstriker sleek. She looks pretty awful proportions wise in both modes and is stuck with a massive kibble shield.
  • While Snarl is probably one of the better ones, the combined Dinobot looks a utter mess. The legs are just... Easy pass. Even as Dinoking it'll be a pretty easy pass.
  • Detritus looks decent enough. I wish they'd done a better job with the seats and the rear bed, but it's just about okay from the front. The weapons look too chunky for Hound in alt mode.
  • The Elita-1 mould is probably one of the worse deluxes in a decade, so it's a shame that they made Strongarm a rework of it. This looks less embarrassing than the previous versions, but the alt mode is very unconvincing, and her leg proportions especially make her look like a toddler, inherited from the previous bad foundation.
  • Bombshell... sigh. It's REALLY not that much to ask to get fully new tooling for the three Insecticons. They will all get reused at least one anyway, twice if they do Diaclone repaints. His alt mode is way too squat and tall because he's reusing previous unsuitable tooling. How do you do a bad job with a design as simple as Bombshell?
  • Bludgeon is just Tarn. So obviously Tarn. Pass.
  • Trashmaster does look quite fun, and the combining bit is neat. But the painted windows on a Voyager toy? A few lines are not hiding those convincingly.
  • No interest in Dreadwing, roll on a G1 Skyquake.
  • The core class thing would be neat for kids if it were literally half the price it is. Which, given the line seems to be hitting crash discounting at retail on a regular basis, it probably will be before Christmas.
Edit: Oh, Antagony is neat. I like the alternative head.

Last edited:

Top Bottom