Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Strongram 2015 RID Concept Design from Transformers Legacy Evolution (17)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Strongram 2015 RID Concept Design from Transformers Legacy Evolution (15)__scaled_600.jpg

Officer Strongarm is popping out of the animated 2015 Robots in Disguise portal and into your collection! I always felt she was a stand out character in the series and from the overwhelming response the team got on the livestream the other day, all of you thought the same!

A welcomed cybertronian police woman and an appearance from the RID series is really what Legacy brings to the table. Now I know what alot of you are thinking, was the Elita One mold the perfect base body for this character. The team thought it would be great to have these two side by side with some similarities, they make a great team featured here. Also, just some more insight, some other concepts and ideas are always in flux utilizing different molds for pitches so availability and timing always play a factor.

Koki san from Takara Tomy really did a wonderful job making this partial remolding the very best it could be. Some screenshots I captured from the animated series look almost identical to how she turned out here.

I pushed pretty hard on trying to get all the deco I could for this character. In her animated appearance, there were definitely some details and colors that seemed to jump around quite a bit. Even alot of the promotional art and toys for her had so many things differentiated it was hard to choose the right direction. I felt the two tone blue was a must and the face deco came out outta this world. Noted for future reference, the factory had quite a time trying to live up to the highly complex deco on such a small surface. The design journey on some of these characters keeps me up at night!! The final look though is so worth it in the end!

Also, some of you may notice I’ve upgraded Strongarm here to an officer of the cybertronian police instead of a cadet. I feel she’s earned her stripes taking down the likes of so many crazy characters from that RID series. I’m excited to further make a solid police force with Prowl and some Autotrooper’s.

Autobots Roll Ing Down….errr the street…uhmmmm, yeah! Trying to think of an acronym for RID lol! Sorry folks, got nothing in the tank today!

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I feel the lips are too big.

I also feel ToyHax is going to have a whole sticker go over her face* when the inevitable set comes out.

*With separate stickers for her eyes, of course.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Amazon just dropped me a line that Devcon should be shipping end of next week.

-ZacWilliam, when of course I'll be out of town on vacation.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Amazon just dropped me a line that Devcon should be shipping end of next week.

-ZacWilliam, when of course I'll be out of town on vacation.
With Amazon, you have special delivery options, which include:

- Throw my box over my fence into my back garden.
- Throw my box over my neighbor's fence into their back garden.
- Place it 200 yards from my front door, preferably on the pavement and/or near oncoming traffic or a source of water.
- Place it in front of my door after punching/kicking/denting it (this requires an additional fee of 1-2 potted plants/outside decorations being broken or taken by the delivery staff).
- Replacing my order with random, out of date knock-off beauty products from China (no refunds).
- Donating it to a community kleptomaniac of your choice.
- Keeping it in the delivery van and forgetting about it.

(All options are now linked to your NEST home security system. All video footage becomes the right of Amazon, which may be used to upload to YouTube to generate additional revenue for all related parties, except the delivery or warehouse staff, because f*ck those guys, Marketing dept. Ftw!)

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Can't I say I feel it was worth comromising four of these dinobots to make a not great combiner. Upper body looks fine but those legs are just giant blocks that maybe look like feet if you squint at them.

While drunk.

Oh well, Swoop and Snarl are still great and the rest beside Sludge are various degrees of adequate, excepting the lack of elbows. Sludge though, man... Really wish they could have taken a second pass at those legs at least.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Actually.. you know.. if you swapped Grimlock and Snarl and turned them backwards, I think they might actually look better on the combined form. Grimlock would at least look like a foot then.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Turning Grimlock and Snarl around means their robot arms would be on the backside, which is how it works on the original Monstructor/Dinoking. I have to wonder if that was the plan at some point.

Echowarrior

Citizen
With Amazon, you have special delivery options, which include:

- Throw my box over my fence into my back garden.
- Throw my box over my neighbor's fence into their back garden.
- Place it 200 yards from my front door, preferably on the pavement and/or near oncoming traffic or a source of water.
- Place it in front of my door after punching/kicking/denting it (this requires an additional fee of 1-2 potted plants/outside decorations being broken or taken by the delivery staff).
- Replacing my order with random, out of date knock-off beauty products from China (no refunds).
- Donating it to a community kleptomaniac of your choice.
- Keeping it in the delivery van and forgetting about it.

(All options are now linked to your NEST home security system. All video footage becomes the right of Amazon, which may be used to upload to YouTube to generate additional revenue for all related parties, except the delivery or warehouse staff, because f*ck those guys, Marketing dept. Ftw!)

Don't forget the delivery option where the packaging is damaged en-route and the contents fall out of the delivery truck without being noticed by the delivery driver.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
It's funny. After all the many uses of both the Siege and Earthrise Seeker molds, not a one of either has been a release of the still-in-demand G1 Sunstorm.

I’m honestly shocked we haven’t gotten a Sunstorm in all of his orange goodness in Selects or mainline.
They see me scrollin'. They hatin'.
icon-sunstorm.gif

Just got L.E. Armada Megatron this week.
Concerning not just the figure but the line itself, my critiques are that while the overall products feel great in-hand, I've experienced some serious quality control issues. At the premium I pay to collect...I'm at a point in my life where I just think there should be more. Megs, (and the Skids I bought this week too), are great examples.

Aesthetically, the Megatron sculpt is faithfully and beautifully represented. He also feels not just solid, but downright "chonky". I would have waited an eternity for this character to have proper hips and ankles, but not at the expense of losing his shoulder mobility. I realize that there is articulation at the shoulders, but this new version does a worse job than the original and, at the price, it should be a better design. There should also be better attention to detail with paint apps throughout the production process. The half-painted faux track on Meg's right shoulder is inexcusable...especially when the picture on the box I couldn't see through was painted correctly.

The lack of accessories is also inexcusable. However, concerning the Skids I bought, he was missing the rifle he was supposed to come with. I don't know if this is because at some point it slipped out through the open-window package, or it just wasn't put in, but it is really disappointing for the price. I have the receipt...If I can find another at Walmart, I guess I'll exchange him. ( Was also missing the Golden Disks from my Ark...but that is a crisis for another time.)
Back to Megs. For $60, If Hasbro isn't going to include the gimmicks and accessories that made the original so great, It kind of feels like I'm buying the character incomplete. It shouldn't be unreasonable to get Leader-One, eight to ten 5mm Minicon port plugs to make the new play pattern retro to the old line, some launching missile effects for the turret launcher, and a clear energon blade accessory for Meg's left-hand port. IMO, this shouldn't be something collectors have to go searching for as expensive, obscure pack-ins or 3p add-ons.

This is all feedback...I'm not bitching. I want Hasbro to excel. I also WANT to love this new version of my favorite Megs, and so I DO.

I know there are finely-tuned budgets that Hasbro has to stay within, but it is the same for overly decadent collectors as well, and even more so for the single mother of three who somehow still found a way to put food on the table and make sure I had a Fort Max for Christmas. For my money, it's time to be as accountable to the consumer, Hasbro. Make it happen on what you have to work with, it can be done. T3h power is yours.

Ending on a positive note, here's my Megs upgrading himself with Construx-Armor before Armada Unicron's hunters detect his temporal anomaly and come looking for him. Who needs a Dark Saber, right?

*Edit: The turret launcher also needed to be 5mm so it would fit on Meg's hand port as well....but that's just icing on the cake at this point.

Attachments

• 20230625_114647.jpg
    20230625_114647.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230625_114708.jpg
    20230625_114708.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230625_114727.jpg
    20230625_114727.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I've got to say, Armada Megs is just . . . disappointing. Like, all I wanted was the original with proper articulation. But not at the cost of every gimmick, accessory and for a frankly lazy and disappointing transformation sequence.

It's a solid figure. Nothing is terribly wrong with it, but there's just not much to it. He needs something.

Top Bottom