Transformers Legacy toyline

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Oh sure, give the $30 voyager figure a faux Cyber Key but give the $200 titan class Metroplex jack shit!

*grumble grumble not even a clip to hold an og if one should have it and don't even get me started on the lack of minicon ports grumble*

Wait, is Ferak wearing weaponizer pieces on his wingtips? Was a weaponizer part of the leak list?

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Man, that Lockdown is making nobody happy.

Well, except the future person who's going to respond to this post to contradict me.
I like it, but then I love love live the Junkion Cadet molds and want so, so many redecos.

Meanwhile, Cannonball looks good but this is what, the sixth use of that mold? Hope he's not as flippy-floppy and fally-aparty as Medix.

AND AND AND I really need to see Thundertron compared to the mass-release one. I kinda think I only want one of them, and it's nice to have options.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, I'm all over that batch of Deluxes and Ferak. Except maybe Lockdown.

I wonder if you can store cannonball's accessories in those giant leg gaps, haha.

I hope they take another stab at SG Starscream with this mold, hopefully with a better batch of plastic.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wait, is Ferak wearing weaponizer pieces on his wingtips? Was a weaponizer part of the leak list?
Maybe they straight up retooled the wings; the wing edges have serrations rather than the ribbed panels from Cyclonus. The head seems new too (i wish one of the Cyclonus releases had had a new head tooling; not this necessarily but something better than the original).

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Okay, the Star Raiders aren't bad looking...but with the exception of Filch, they aren't really grabbing my attention.

Seriously, I'm making grabby-grabby motions at Filch, and it's very appropriate. SHINY!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Cybertron Starscream just looks better and better with the in hand images. LOVE all the ports he's got for extensions.

The Star Raiders are fine, in general. I really need to see what changes are done to Thundertron.
Cannonball is fine, I guess. Yet another Skids retool, I'm not sure of any off hand options...but I'm not sure anyone was really clamoring for another iteration of that mold.
Lockdown is EXACTLY what I expected him to be, and that's fine. I think the head sculpt for Revenge of the Fallen iteration was more evocative of the Animated iteration, but I DO like the general vibe going on. But it's not as good a representation for Animated Lockdown's look as I think many want.
Filch is another Airrazor, but lots of retooling, and a nice change up from the usual eras for representation. She's nice.
Ferak is a surprise to me, though. Hasbro could have been completely fine (and expected) to just phone in a Cyclonus repaint. Instead? I see AT LEAST a new face, new chest, and new wings. Who knows what else got retooled in jet mode. I wasn't overly interested in the listing, but the new elements have certainly caught my attention.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It’ll depend on how they’re priced/distributed for me. They’re all neat but nothing mind-blowing.

Definitely skipping Filch though. That mold’s been nothing but a headache to me

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Starscream otherwise looks good, but he should be able to do this.

1709783219663.jpeg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
It’ll depend on how they’re priced/distributed for me. They’re all neat but nothing mind-blowing.

Definitely skipping Filch though. That mold’s been nothing but a headache to me
The Star Raiders will be a Walmart exclusive offering, like the Velocitron or Toxitron “micro lines”. So…how hard have THEY been?

For me? Aside from a stray Road Rocket, they haven’t carried anything since the Velocitron capsule, and I don’t have hopes here (my local store has gotten VERY behind when it comes to stocking what little they DO carry, much less temp items). I wouldn’t mind Ferak, maybe Lockdown,and maybe the Thundertron (I still think it’s going to be a Tigerhawk retool, given the price point. That, or a Voyager with goodies). But nothing I’d deem “essential”.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Potential for a Red Alert repaint as well.
I wonder if that wasn’t “the plan” at one point. The leaked listings for 2025 reportedly feature a Voyager iteration of Armada Red Alert. So, maybe, Hasbro had done up Cannonball/red Alert as an option until they decided to do a full Voyager for him?

Then again, we’ve gotten BOTH an “Armada Universe” AND “Cybertron Universe” Starscream, despite them being, fundamentally, the same character and universe. Though, in that case, the two designs were FAR more different than Armada and Cybertron Red Alert were.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The Star Raiders will be a Walmart exclusive offering, like the Velocitron or Toxitron “micro lines”. So…how hard have THEY been?

For me? Aside from a stray Road Rocket, they haven’t carried anything since the Velocitron capsule, and I don’t have hopes here (my local store has gotten VERY behind when it comes to stocking what little they DO carry, much less temp items). I wouldn’t mind Ferak, maybe Lockdown,and maybe the Thundertron (I still think it’s going to be a Tigerhawk retool, given the price point. That, or a Voyager with goodies). But nothing I’d deem “essential”.
I don’t live in Burgerland but they’re somewhat available here. Hobby stores will put up preorders but they’re limited in quantity. General retail might get some but only the larger stores, very inconsistently and in even more limited quantities.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Screenshot_20240307_141731_Samsung Internet.png

Although this will hopefully come down a bit at Amazon Japan, this is still extremely expensive. If you can imagine that (ignoring the conversation rate), this is arguably the equivalent of $385 to us here in Japan, where the cost of items had gone up (a thin slice of ham with lettuce in a front-faced sandwich in 7-11 now costs around ¥300, which, again is kind-of the same as charging $3 in the US) AND wages HAVEN'T gone up in many/most sectors to match the economy for many, many years. Most of us over here are on the same salaries as , say, 20 years ago and we have to spend much more on things.

Takara's quickly pricing itself out of the mainstream TF collecting market and will soon be competing directly with 3P companies IMO.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don’t live in Burgerland but they’re somewhat available here. Hobby stores will put up preorders but they’re limited in quantity. General retail might get some but only the larger stores, very inconsistently and in even more limited quantities.
Yeah, specialty stores on this side of the world may bring it in, and there's a slim chance that mainstream retail might gamble on striking a deal for these exclusives again (they did get some Target exclusives during WFC, and the Walmart beasts from Legacy as well as Velocitron wave 1). None of those did particularly well, though, so who knows if they'll try again.

But iirc, I think even in the US Walmart's second Velocitron wave was distributed abysmally, and we didn't even get that.

I hope these show up at decent prices at specialty stores (we eventually got the Toxitron stuff, the Deluxes at least). Definitely up for that Ferak and Filch, maybe Cannonball. (Is Medix really so bad? Was gonna try and get one. Are the issues at least fixable?)

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I'd say they managed to find the one angle/pose that hides all of Cannonball's tattoos, but there's nothing at all on his little faux shoulder doors so I'm suddenly a little concerned he has any at all.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It just doesn't feel like Cannonball without the electric teal skeletons. I'm sure there'll be a sticker set for it, but it's still kinda disappointing.

Top Bottom