Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
There was also this background generic in the movie who had Gears's colors:

TFTM-MaybeGears.jpg

NovaSaber

Citizen
Yeah, the story of Binaltech basically says exactly that; that Wheeljack's GT System duplicate survived, so he didn't die when his original body was destroyed.

MrBlud

Citizen
I’ve always headcanon’d that the attack merely destroyed their body storage while both Wheeljack and Windcharger were in their BT Bodies

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, the story of Binaltech basically says exactly that; that Wheeljack's GT System duplicate survived, so he didn't die when his original body was destroyed.
Not exactly.

My mistake, but then Wheeljack somehow comes back to life for Victory series, then I wonder if during the time gap between season 2 & the movie, he invented a cloning means and cloned himself so that he could live beyond the battle of Autobot city?
I’ve always headcanon’d that the attack merely destroyed their body storage while both Wheeljack and Windcharger were in their BT Bodies
What actually happened is, after the later chapters of Binaltech were split off into their own alternate timeline separate from the main one (via time-travel shenanigans similar to those that split the timeline in two at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), the denizens of the BT World were eventually able to make contact with the main timeline, and the Wheeljack and Prowl of the BT World were sent across the dimensions to get some supplies from the main timeline to bring back to theirs.

After a couple of supply trips back and forth, however, the two ended up stranded in the main timeline due to the Quintessons of the BT World sealing off that world from all others with a Quadrant Lock (the same thing they had used in the G1 season 3 episode "The Face of the Nijika" to seal off the world of the Zamojin).

With the BT World versions of Wheeljack and Prowl unable to return back to their home dimension, the two simply decided to stay in the main timeline and take the places of their deceased counterparts who died back in the events of TFTM, switching out there BT bodies for new ones similar to those that they had before they received their BT bodies (and similar to those of their deceased counterparts).

All this was done to explain how Prowl is alive in The Headmasters, and how Wheeljack is alive in Victory, as these events took place in early 2011, in a short manga story titled "Controverse".

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I feel the same way about this Gears that I did when Brawn was announced. His face and upper body are fine, but the lower part...egads. I don't know what's going on with those skinny, doofy-looking wheels in vehicle mode, either, but they're an eyesore. I feel like this team is capable of much better.

Same thing. I even found a Brawn in a store the other day and again debated getting him, but in the end decided I'm not gonna be paying $25 for a deluxe that I'm not immediately sold on. Though every time I skip a guy like this I worry in 5 years I'll be regretting it. At least for Brawn I still have the Titans Return Legend-size one.

The Phazer

Citizen
Eh, we’ll probably get another round of 84-86 in about 10-15 years when costs force the average deluxe down to the size of a core. Or when the need to match Sunbow character models gets exhausted (which is probably a factor in the alt mode complaint, the team is prioritizing the robot mode over the vehicle mode).

That said, while I get what you’re saying about the windows, I’d much rather have painted windows than Hasbro use clear plastic. Because with the part/sprue counts down to where they are, I’d take the unsightly painted windows over a bunch of clear parts prone to breakage in a couple years.

A toy with painted windows is broken inside the box.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel the same way about this Gears that I did when Brawn was announced. His face and upper body are fine, but the lower part...egads. I don't know what's going on with those skinny, doofy-looking wheels in vehicle mode, either, but they're an eyesore. I feel like this team is capable of much better.
I didn't even notice until this post. Yikes.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I like how that nearly fourty years after the movie came out we are still learning new bits of info about its production, I guess it goes to show despite being classed as a failure at the time, it has stood the test of time and still talked about, but then it is just a epic adventure full of action!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My headcanon that came about after Beast Wars was that a lot of the bots damaged during the attack on Autobot City were just in stasis lock and not permanently offline.

Dake

Citizen
Looks like Kapow Toys is leading a protest of current pricing and telling people not to preorder Tidal Wave!

Transformers Legacy Titan Tidal Wave is due to go live on pre-order tonight, here is why you should vote with your wallets and not pre-order it.
Over the last 3 years Hasbro have done everything they can to steer people to their direct sales channel and away from established independent retailers. In trying to do this they have managed to flood the market with products that people either don't want or just don't want in the quantity they think they do ignoring all advice and feedback from fans and stores alike.
Transformers Titan Class figures have increased slowly in price with Tidal Wave coming in at a suggested retail price of £219.99.
Hasbro want you to pre-order this item in abudance because you are ''fans'' and in their eyes fairly gullible because the last few releases
Black Zarak
Cybertron Metroplex
Decepticon Nemesis
The Ark
Autobot Guardian
have all appeared at half price or less in under 6 months of their intial release with Black Zarak being as low as £69.99 from the Entertainer.
Vote with your wallets, don't give Hasbro the satisfaction of continually preying on your support for an intellectual property you love.
We won't be pre-selling Tidal Wave, if it's available at clearance which is highly likely then we will carry it and bring it to you guys at a reasonable price whilst saving you the pain of finding it on Pulse for next to nothing in a few months.
Hasbro thought we were going to be able to presell 200 units of Tidalwave to you guys even though we communicated the last 2 releases were horrendously overpriced with little to no interest outside of completist collectors.
It's fair for a company like Hasbro to want your money, what isn't fair is the continual abuse of fans goodwill.
Enough is enough!

I'm inclined to agree at this point. As much as I want TW, if the price conversion sticks that's almost $280 US! I just can't drop that on something that I know will be significantly marked down later. I'm usually a firm believer in supporting at regular price if able, but wow that's a bit much.

The Phazer

Citizen
Kapow are roughly the UK equivalent of BBTS for non-UKers. They were the retailer for Haslab Unicron in Europe since Pulse didn't exist at the time, so this is a non-trivial thing.

But I can't blame them - nothing Transformers is selling at full price any more for any retailer because they will be available (easily) with three months for at least 30 and often 50% off. Generally speaking when retailers are selling release day Titans for 50% six months down the line they are literally making a loss on that item, so why would a retailer do it? Especially when Hasbro UK will be offering it to discount chains at discounted prices to enable 50% off sales within 90 days of release at this point.

Hasbro UK are apparently already offering local retailers heavily discounted Nemesis.

Dake

Citizen
Well that's definitely better than $280. I know UK gets screwed a bit on pricing but an extra $80 (converted) is not insignificant.

Top Bottom