Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
$200 ($218 after Tax / Delivery) is nuts. I really am about done with this hobby. With that said, I have him pre ordered through BBTS.

It is a lot. I've bought several Titans, but they're definitely a "sometimes treat." I've always been tempted to wait or clearance, but I don't see Tidal Wave here going on sale anytime soon given how quickly his first run sold out at full price.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I...can't do it. It's a mix of price, bad timing, and, I think 'burn out'. I am having some financial situations where $200 is quite a bit. But I also had an old Tidal Wave. I loved that one. This does some things better, other things worse, some things not at all, but it's mainly just bigger. I do have a limited amount of space at the moment.

But mostly, I think I've just 'seen it before' if that makes sense. I fully intend to jump on the Origins Wheeljack preorder as soon as it pops up. I have money set aside for it. But it's something I've never seen before as a physical model, it adds to the functionality of toys I already have, and it fits wit my older stuff in Robot Mode.

We'll see what happens, I may get lucky later, but for this one I will have to live vicariously though other people in the pictures forum. Tidal Wave looks AMAZING...

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I preordered Tidalwave at BBTS. I too have space concerns and also own the original Armada TW. I will have to consider if I want to sell the original to help cover the cost of the new one since I never liked how small the original was. I never once did the combination with Megatron as I always found that to be a silly feature. In fact, I think my Armada TW has only been transformed like 3 times in his entire existence. He was just never that interesting to convert.

I have been feeling some burn out with the hobby lately myself. I go through this every few years though, then something cool pulls me right back in. I am in the process of reducing my collection though. At the age of 51, and no heir to pass my collection on to, I have really been thinking about the long term value of holding on to such a large collection. But, that is a topic for a different thread.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I...can't do it. It's a mix of price, bad timing, and, I think 'burn out'. I am having some financial situations where $200 is quite a bit. But I also had an old Tidal Wave. I loved that one. This does some things better, other things worse, some things not at all, but it's mainly just bigger. I do have a limited amount of space at the moment.

But mostly, I think I've just 'seen it before' if that makes sense. I fully intend to jump on the Origins Wheeljack preorder as soon as it pops up. I have money set aside for it. But it's something I've never seen before as a physical model, it adds to the functionality of toys I already have, and it fits wit my older stuff in Robot Mode.

We'll see what happens, I may get lucky later, but for this one I will have to live vicariously though other people in the pictures forum. Tidal Wave looks AMAZING...

Same, I considered it but ultimately I think I'll wait and see if he ever makes it to clearance, though it won't surprise me if he's too popular for that to happen. Lack of shelf space and "not different enough from the Armada toy I already have" are biggies.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I preordered Tidalwave at BBTS. I too have space concerns and also own the original Armada TW. I will have to consider if I want to sell the original to help cover the cost of the new one since I never liked how small the original was. I never once did the combination with Megatron as I always found that to be a silly feature. In fact, I think my Armada TW has only been transformed like 3 times in his entire existence. He was just never that interesting to convert.

I have been feeling some burn out with the hobby lately myself. I go through this every few years though, then something cool pulls me right back in. I am in the process of reducing my collection though. At the age of 51, and no heir to pass my collection on to, I have really been thinking about the long term value of holding on to such a large collection. But, that is a topic for a different thread.

You should list me as your heir, as I will make sure that your collection is seen by the future generations!

IE My kids love TFs.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
$200 ($218 after Tax / Delivery) is nuts. I really am about done with this hobby. With that said, I have him pre ordered through BBTS.

I am going to pass on this one. Like, I like that they are doing Tidalwave, as he is a lot better choice than Cybertron Metroplex, but I am almost out of space until I build the addition or move, and $200 will get me a lot more of the Smaller TFs that will fill in the gaps in my G1 toys that look like the cartoon with Knees collection.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I actually got the MIcron Legends Shockwave back in the day, and personally I mostly just want Citybots and Basebots as Titans, so it's an easy pass for me.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, I've decided to at least wait. If I can even see about 20% off, I'll call that decent.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Tidal Wave was a "wait and see" release for me, but I am passing. I'm glad that he exists, but I've had recent issues with Hasbro products that have made me not want to give them $200. On principle though, it irks me that I pay money for a Pulse account, but have to use the other company that I also pay money for an account to (Amazon) if I want to get him without shipping costs. Sometimes, this hobby can feel like a real drag.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
You think they will do his Minicon as a separate release like Sixgun and Cog where?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You think they will do his Minicon as a separate release like Sixgun and Cog where?
They didn't do that for Metroplex's Drill-Bit, Megatron's Leader-1, Starscream's Swindle, or Optimus's Sparkplug. While it took special pack-in releases to get Hot Shot's Jolt and SG Sideswipe's Whisper made.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It is a lot. I've bought several Titans, but they're definitely a "sometimes treat." I've always been tempted to wait or clearance, but I don't see Tidal Wave here going on sale anytime soon given how quickly his first run sold out at full price.
This means that it's going to be about ¥40,000 in Japan Considering Metroplex/Fort Max was around ¥15,000 (with lights and/or sounds) Japan (or at least, far cheaper), the prices of Mainstream TFs is fast-becoming too much for me. Takara may think this is sustainable, but it's not. Collectors like myself will simply either pass on it or not buy other TFs to compensate.

I honestly think Hastak needs to take a step back and read the room here. They need to be honest and perhaps do something like put Titan Class figures on hold for a few years and or the MP line.

Basically something that lets them consecrate on releasing quality main figures that are affordable.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Preordered on BBTS, but depending how the next few months play out, I may or may not keep it. I buy so few Transformers these days as is due to the constant price increases, swinging $200 for a Titan is asking a lot.

Top Bottom