Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I figure him and TMII Megatron are going to get the Premium treatment so I’ll get that version.
I doubt it. Beast Wars Again ended its broadcast back in September since it was only building up to the theatrical release of ROTB, and has since been replaced by the Japanese dub of EarthSpark. The toyline seems to be ending with the Ghost Starscream & Haunted Waspeeter 2-pack, as no episodes of Beast Wars Metals were included in the broadcast (and, well, the Transmetals aren't all that popular in Japan).

In this case, I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder how things would be going today if Takara didn't sabotage Beast Wars in the first place.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I wonder how things would be going today if Takara didn't sabotage Beast Wars in the first place.
Related to that, I actually recently found out the reason why Season 2 and 3 were both half the length of Season 1. It's because Season 1 cost Mainframe 18 million dollars to produce, and while Hasbro wanted a second season, they didn't want to pay that same amount a second time. So the budget was cut in half, which cut the episode count in half.

Plus, Hasbro had even at one point wanted to delay the premiere of season 2 until 1998 instead of late 1997, because of how well Kenner was doing with their Star Wars toyline at the time, and were gearing up for the then-upcoming release of The Phantom Menace, which they wanted to focus on more rather than Beast Wars. Bob Forward had to convince them to let Beast Wars season 2 release in late 1997 as planned, as delaying it to the next year would have surely been a death knell for the series.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Dragon Year Transformers Toy to be Revealedl at Cybertron Fest 2023__scaled_800.jpg

More info/pics here.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Becuase Tigerhawk was brown/copper. [screenshot]

He's certainly got a bunch of shiny copper, but no brown. The toy has a lot of copper AND brown, and I think the latter is really what is throwing it off. I think the contrast between the two colors accentuates it as well (as opposed to if it was just all the same copper color).

The hips being brown when they were white on the show also sticks out a lot IMO, even though it's a relatively small part of the overall figure.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It’s probably due to the brown plastic being the unpaintable type, which is fairly notorious for more limited color choice compared to most other plastics. Kind of like how TM2 Megs has gold paint with mustard-looking plastic but a bit more extreme.

toy colors Tigerhawk is more visually interesting anyway.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Zombodroid_10112023035844.jpg

Surrender… or be TERMINATED! Oooo baby, Legacy Leader Tigerhawk is not to be messed with, so make alotta room in your collection for this beasty boss who means business!!!

Shu san over at Takara really took the tiger by the stripes on this one. As I constantly say, the magic and hardwork from the TT team is just truly making mine and hopefully your dreams come true.

This dude is fully armed with gatling wing blasters that have 3 forms of attachments, two airbrushed razor sharp feathered swords, a double barreled handheld blaster, and a whole lot of asymmetrical details that will leave you dizzy with delight!.

Did I mention I used the sculpts from Tigertron and Airrazor from the Kingdom toy line to give this fuzor the extra bit of official fusion he deserved. Beautiful sculpts by the way so please peep those gems in the photos!

For the first time ever animation color accurate deco that even has the crescent orange-yellow eye designs underneath this wicked green translucent visor. The metallics on this beasty boy will just shimmer shine your way into blissful joy during a fun photoshoot sesh or just playfully imagining him stunning dragon megs. I unfortunately couldn’t find mine to show the comparison, my toy room is completely out of hand and my time is nonexistent, but… I hand to pull some images together to showcase this guys prowess.

A huge thank you to all of you for all the love and true inspiration that keeps the energon pumping into my fuel tanks, without yall just constantly thriving in the love and passion for this brand none of us would be able to do what we do!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The colors look better in these new pictures. It looks like Takara is using weird lighting in their stock photos again.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I wonder if there will be an upgrade kit that makes the rear legs a bit beefier and adds a "Battlecat/Catilla" styled helmet, amongst lots of extra gumf no one wants for the bargain price of 45 dollars?

unluckiness

Citizen
The colors look better in these new pictures. It looks like Takara is using weird lighting in their stock photos again.
They’re definitely more consistent but the shade itself looks like he’s consisted of 50% Ovaltine
I wonder if there will be an upgrade kit that makes the rear legs a bit beefier and adds a "Battlecat/Catilla" styled helmet, amongst lots of extra gumf no one wants for the bargain price of 45 dollars?
It appears the hind legs are so scrawny because they have to transform on to the top of his chest. I doubt it.

unluckiness

Citizen
The BW toy and the show model also had bird legs but weren’t this comically tiny. It’s not just that they’re thinner, they’re also shorter than they used to be. It’s definitely a compromise for the robot mode proportions. it doesn’t help that the front legs are even beefier and longer than the model or old toy and the resulting beast mode emphasizes the difference between the limbs even more.
320FDA16-0BA6-4D02-B2C2-D6F36D53D34D.jpeg

F5C0DD4A-01DF-4839-904E-52FC1E0C5549.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom