Transformers Legacy toyline

Glitch

Citizen
So Shadow Striker is Cyberverse Shadow Striker, what next? Commander class Cyberverse Universe Astrotrain? Titan Class Cyberverse Universe Iaconus? Cyberverse Universe deluxe Biter, Megatron X, Wild Wheel, the possibility is there.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Okay. I like the Monster Pretenders' stupid alt modes, but I could deal with this.

View attachment 15957

I feel like I like that a lot more then I should.

Also, I feel Dinoking will probably be like Bomb-Burst, where his robot mode is shell colored but his alt mode is Robot colors; but in reverse. The Dino modes will be shell colors, but the robot modes will have colors based on the inner robots. Also, I kinda expect at least Slug's head to be remolded, since that would work for both a Dinoking and Monstructor.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I hope the 3P legends companies start making pretenders. The size of them at that "scale" (plus some extra pretender shells) would be about the same size as the original G1 pretender inner robots, so I'd have no qualms adding them to my CHUG collection.

For me, I could retcon/head-cannon it as TFs getting progressively smaller (Pretenders - Action Masters - Micromasters) and starting to use biometal (Fangry, Pretenders, etc) prior to the emergence of the Maximals and Predacons.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somebody mentioned it awhile back, with zero proof to support, maybe an upcoming capsule could be Armada based. And I just keep thinking about it.

Powerlinx Hot Shot Pulsecon Exclusive is out for that.

Leader - Galvatron

Voyager - Thrust. We already saw an image of a jet that most of us guess to be him on the Powerlinx HS box.
- Thundercracker / Powerlinx Starscream. Seems like a no brainer. Along with a slight remold to Skywarp that will be an impossible to find Target store exclusive.

Deluxe - Wheeljack - This has to be a given with the G2 Sideswipe that was shown, right?
- Thrust - he would be a Needlenose repaint and a deluxe class would fit him better anyway than Voyager scale wise.

But who else?

Could a Junkion be retooled for Smokescreen / Hoist?
Crashbar into Sideways?
It was hinted in a Hasbro Live that Tidal Wave is possibly on the way.
Now that we have seen Jolt, you would have to think other Minicons are being considered, maybe a new Star Saber team? 6 pack like the Galactic Odyssey set, but better?
MAYBE a Skullgrin remold into Demolisher? But I don't want Demolisher without Cyclonus, so unless he would be a new mold I don't think he is happening.

Other thoughts?
Here's my big question: Powerlinx Armada Optimus Prime, yay or nay?

And I don't mean in terms of wanting one, but rather, in terms of whether Hasbro would re-release a repaint at that price point (that isn't, like, five guys who make one bigger guy).

Shadewing

Citizen
Here's my big question: Powerlinx Armada Optimus Prime, yay or nay?

And I don't mean in terms of wanting one, but rather, in terms of whether Hasbro would re-release a repaint at that price point (that isn't, like, five guys who make one bigger guy).

We've only gotten one repaint of a commander class so far, with Sg Jetfire. Supposedly we'll get s G2 Motormaster at some point; but it feels less likely that they will. Maybe if they do an Armada Jetfire, maybe they'll do a Jet Optimus two-pk in Powerlinx colors.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I think they will because almost anything Optimus sells. And IF they do a Jetfire and / or Overload then yeah.

also. Maybe we can get that sweet Costco exclusive repaint. 😂

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I forget if it was the Japanese or the Hasbro version, but I would definitely go for a powerlinx Optimus if they use the colors with the silver face, lighter navy blue cab and less washed-out blue on the head, shins and fists.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I second the desire for Hasbro to use the Japanese color scheme of Armada Powerlinx Optimus, which was also the version of the deco that appeared in the cartoon.

MortalCombat_powerlinx_colors_prime.jpg

The red eyes and silver mouthplate on the dark colored body even make him look a bit like Optimus Primal.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I used to want all the original "non-G1" versions of G1 characters in their G1 colours (because at the time, there was a drought of actual G1 toys).

These days, I prefer the actual "crazy" alternate colours for these characters, as they fit in more for me as aesthetically different versions of them.

Silly how more choice and time can change us, eh?

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I get that. I think a bit part of what I like about Powerlinx Prime's color scheme is the similarity to his subsequent Energon colors. So not only is the deco not G1, it's also not just a one-off. It's a whole other thing.

That's probably why I also always liked Cyberton Prime's confusingly named Galaxy Force color scheme. If only the Leader got that color scheme I might not care as much, but multiple bodies got it. It got to be its own whole alternate thing. It's fun when weird alternate color schemes get multiple toys.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I get that. I think a bit part of what I like about Powerlinx Prime's color scheme is the similarity to his subsequent Energon colors. So not only is the deco not G1, it's also not just a one-off. It's a whole other thing.

That's probably why I also always liked Cyberton Prime's confusingly named Galaxy Force color scheme. If only the Leader got that color scheme I might not care as much, but multiple bodies got it. It got to be its own whole alternate thing. It's fun when weird alternate color schemes get multiple toys.
Didn't the Galaxy Force colours get used for the Japanese (Leader Class?) Prime OP? I've got one with chromed weapons and greyish/black legs. It's a nice, "Powermaster Prime" styled figure.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That gold is such a simple change (in fact the only change) but it looks so nice in the super mode.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somebody mentioned it awhile back, with zero proof to support, maybe an upcoming capsule could be Armada based. And I just keep thinking about it.

Powerlinx Hot Shot Pulsecon Exclusive is out for that.

Leader - Galvatron

Voyager - Thrust. We already saw an image of a jet that most of us guess to be him on the Powerlinx HS box.
- Thundercracker / Powerlinx Starscream. Seems like a no brainer. Along with a slight remold to Skywarp that will be an impossible to find Target store exclusive.

Deluxe - Wheeljack - This has to be a given with the G2 Sideswipe that was shown, right?
- Thrust - he would be a Needlenose repaint and a deluxe class would fit him better anyway than Voyager scale wise.

But who else?

Could a Junkion be retooled for Smokescreen / Hoist?
Crashbar into Sideways?
It was hinted in a Hasbro Live that Tidal Wave is possibly on the way.
Now that we have seen Jolt, you would have to think other Minicons are being considered, maybe a new Star Saber team? 6 pack like the Galactic Odyssey set, but better?
MAYBE a Skullgrin remold into Demolisher? But I don't want Demolisher without Cyclonus, so unless he would be a new mold I don't think he is happening.

Other thoughts?

I would love for a new Sideways, but I would prefer him to be a new mold that uses the Titan master gimmick properly.

We need some more Decepticons like Demolisher and Cyclonus.

Top Bottom