Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is seriously tempting. It would be annoying to pay much for an upgrade kit when so much of the appeal of a Core combiner is that it's comparably cheap, but that is a nice result.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
The base combiner is decent but not the slam dunk it needed to be to offset the individual robots. If a giftset has feet, that’s a neat little bonus but tbh, the arms need more help.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Somebody mentioned it awhile back, with zero proof to support, maybe an upcoming capsule could be Armada based. And I just keep thinking about it.

Powerlinx Hot Shot Pulsecon Exclusive is out for that.

Leader - Galvatron

Voyager - Thrust. We already saw an image of a jet that most of us guess to be him on the Powerlinx HS box.
- Thundercracker / Powerlinx Starscream. Seems like a no brainer. Along with a slight remold to Skywarp that will be an impossible to find Target store exclusive.

Deluxe - Wheeljack - This has to be a given with the G2 Sideswipe that was shown, right?
- Thrust - he would be a Needlenose repaint and a deluxe class would fit him better anyway than Voyager scale wise.

But who else?

Could a Junkion be retooled for Smokescreen / Hoist?
Crashbar into Sideways?
It was hinted in a Hasbro Live that Tidal Wave is possibly on the way.
Now that we have seen Jolt, you would have to think other Minicons are being considered, maybe a new Star Saber team? 6 pack like the Galactic Odyssey set, but better?
MAYBE a Skullgrin remold into Demolisher? But I don't want Demolisher without Cyclonus, so unless he would be a new mold I don't think he is happening.

Other thoughts?

Lobjob

Citizen
I am very curious to see how much "remolding" is going to be present for Dinoking. I assume the sacrifices made for the Dinobots were made for him, but by merging the shells with the robots we are in uncharted territory.

Either way, I am looking forward to it.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I’d expect new robot and combiner heads at the most. Maybe new dinosaur heads with the dinoforce head armor but the altmodes are clearly not the altmodes or the shells so any way you slice it, they’d be inaccurate. Depending on the sculpt, hypothetical new dino heads might also lead to issues with transformation for a few of them, so I’m leaning towards no on dino heads.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I assume they'll prioritize the shells and let Dinoking's colors be chaos. I saw this digibash and I kinda like it.

dinoforce.jpg

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They’ll probably go inner robot colors since shell-based colors leads to robot and combined mode not looking anything like it’s supposed to. Two out of three as opposed to one.

Lobjob

Citizen
That too. I suppose its no different than the maneuvering they did for Iguanus, Bomburst, Skullgrin and Bludgeon. Which, I guess tracks.

It will be neat to see how they make it work.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Inner robot colors would be my preference, but I figure the whole point of the dino alt modes is that they're going to prioritize the shells. Dinoking already has an obvious repaint, but they used the molds for a Dinobot combiner instead.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
If they go the boxset route, I can see them adding shell-specific paint aps to the dino modes. As a regular release, the Dinobots are already paint-starved in dino mode and they have simpler color distribution, so I can see them just going for a few key applications.
Inner robot colors would be my preference, but I figure the whole point of the dino alt modes is that they're going to prioritize the shells. Dinoking already has an obvious repaint, but they used the molds for a Dinobot combiner instead.
I figured they went dinosaurs since the Monstructor guys all turn into basically nothing and have little fictional draw. Dinobots and Volcanicus have been all over the past few years and robot dinosaurs in general never go out of style.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I always wanted that Abominus from Prime to be repainted as Monstructor. If you kibbled pieces from the Go! Version it was almost there.

Top Bottom