Transformers Legacy toyline

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I am going to pass on that one. The packaging looks great, but I don't really want these versions of these characters.
My position, as well. I already have a Miner Megatron and a Senator Ratbat that are good enough. Or, to put it another way, these aren't enough better than the ones I already have to make it worth my while to spend the money on these all-new figures. For those who don't have the earlier versions, or who may find the improvements enough of an incentive, I can certainly see the appeal.

But they're not for me.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Personally, I kinda like the idea that Senator Ratbat was humanoid, but was somehow turned into a bat as karmic payback for some unknown incident.

It wasn't really an unknown incident. Senator Ratbat was a supporter of Functionism, which the Decepticons were originally formed against. Once Ratbat's usefulness ended (after the Senate was wiped out), Soundwave extracted his spark and shoved it into a cassette form as an ironic punishment after spending his career supporting policies that made life worse for bots like that.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
They look nice. But I don’t have a need for them. Curious to see what else is in this line and if the boxes make a big picture like the Wreckers.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don’t dislike humanoid Ratbat but it’s more of a “retail deluxe impulse buy” concept than a “functionally online exclusive voyager two-pack” one

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They look nice. But I don’t have a need for them. Curious to see what else is in this line and if the boxes make a big picture like the Wreckers.

Going by the picture, I'm going to say, NO to the boxes building a picture like the wreckers boxes, because with the Wreckers they all came out around the same time, while these origin figures have been rather scattered, besides, no one is really buying them for build big picture on boxes, instead they are after the figures inside!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Because having him just be a bat is too much fun.

Is conniving greedy Senator punished ironically for his crimes inherently less fun than "pet bat?" I mean mileage may vary obviously.

Personally I'm down for "fuel accountant from hell that rose to leadership of the cons specifically because he was so cut-throat and precise." Both because it's a kind of evil it's fun to see be bad to the other baddies and because it's fun to see him eventually meet a bad guy who way out classes him.

-ZacWilliam, Senator Ratbat could use some good stories to make me care about him more, as he's in third place behind the other two takes for me but I don't hate him.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I have mixed feeling about this set, but if this is indeed part of a larger collection, then I look forward to seeing more of it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Seems to be part of a set of releases themed around pre-war settings, following along from the two War Dawn sets.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
On another note, boxart Ratbat’s got the best example of dull surprise we’ve had in a bit.

i also like to imagine all that gold around the collar area’s some kind of Mr. T-esque overload of gold chains.

TriBlurr

Citizen
It's a Pre-War Cybertronian History Capsule line.

We have our second set (no pics yet)

Senator Shockwave and Data Clerk Orion Pax

According to Jtprime17 there's 3 other releases in this Capsule. One of which is the recently listed Voyager Nacelle.

Top Bottom