Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I never found him in the wild last time but was able to get all of the limbs. I’m not even a big fan of the Stunticons but it just looked so nice. I have a feeling the Aerialbots will be next. I’d love to see a proper Computron.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Me too! Especially since I had to sell my Combiner Wars version in the Great purge of 2018. I always loved the G1 set as a kid, especially scattershot.

MrBlud

Citizen
I never found him in the wild last time but was able to get all of the limbs. I’m not even a big fan of the Stunticons but it just looked so nice. I have a feeling the Aerialbots will be next. I’d love to see a proper Computron.

Rumor was Defensor was next.

Makes sense as Motormaster can be retooled as a Firetruck far easier than he could be a Concorde. Limb placement should be roughly similar too.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes please. Please. PLEASE.

A Defensor following the Legacy Menasor format would be weird on its own. But a firetruck that splits into a "cab" that forms Hot Spot, and a "trailer" that forms the Defensor skeleton = obvious fodder for a RID01 Optimus Prime.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Makes sense. That’s 2 big remolds then of that mold as well. Impressive.
Wait, what's the second remold after Defensor?

And I would be over the moon/ripping out my hair over a new Computron.

A Defensor following the Legacy Menasor format would be weird on its own. But a firetruck that splits into a "cab" that forms Hot Spot, and a "trailer" that forms the Defensor skeleton = obvious fodder for a RID01 Optimus Prime.
Oh man, then they could finally do what I wanted 22 years ago! RiD Combiner Defensor repaint to match against Ruination!

I figured RiD Optimus = Hot Spot
Streetwise = Prowl

...and I kinda forget how I broke down the rest. Though getting versions of X-Brawn, Sideburn, and someone else to fill those gaps would still be pretty neat.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen

At that point, I'd rather we just get a dedicated new-mold Commander class RID01 Optimus Prime, with a pretooled alternate Defensor head for the Super Mode that would finally enable this to be made a reality:

Defensorotfcc.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At that point, I'd rather we just get a dedicated new-mold Commander class RID01 Optimus Prime, with a pretooled alternate Defensor head for the Super Mode that would finally enable this to be made a reality:

Defensorotfcc.jpg

Eh. I'd be intrigued by it, if only to see more unproduced stuff get produced. But as canceled things go, I always thought this was much less interesting than the RID/TM3 Megatron that eventually did get made. This was always heavy on the "how can we Geewun up this fire truck?" and the execution was just... okay.

Now, a redo of the yellow Sam's Club OP? I'd buy that.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The amount of retooling to make a Menasaur-esque big robot with slots for smaller robots into a small robot wearing super mode armor would probably be enough that they may as well design an entirely new figure.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

The whole point of what I'm suggesting is that it would be the opposite of this. Bringing the idea full circle.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I don’t think a Commander RiD Prime is out of the realm of possibility.

If they do him, they'll have to do Ultra Magnus in the same class as the original figures are about the same height when OP in his Battle mode, thou I expect we'll not see this in legacy for a couple of years yet, because at the moment, there is only one commander class figure for a year and this year is filled by Armada Optimus prime, so, I would not expect to see RID Prime get a new figure for about two years, Hasbro is likely to give OP a small break, I mean, he is getting at least six or seven figures this year alone with Rise of the Beasts entering cinemas and all of the toys of him appearing on shelves, so next year, I expect we will NOT see any Optimus prime figures of major note, Hasbro wouldn't want to repeat the mistakes of Star Wars where a lot of old figures just sit on shelves gathering dust of the same characters, thou that is apart of the implodsion caused by poor choices! I'm guessing next year's commander class will go to some other character, not OP, if they were to do RID Prime, I would say the earliest would be 2025 but then there is also the possibilty of them taking a modern crack at Energon OP, the series may been extremely flawed but leader OP was kind of intersting, thou if I was to do a more modern verison, I think the drones should be seperate figures that have stand alone robot modes, yet also transform into OP's combined form legs and arms that are swappable, have OP himself being a leader class figure and the limbs being deluxes, but that's just my view

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I thought it was a very heavy remold.

About the only thing this Armada Optimus has in common with Mensor outside of the obvious fact they are trucks, would be the feet, they are VERY similar but not quite the same, going by the images I seen, thou at first I thought the legs were a retool of Mensor's but they aren't!!

Top Bottom