Transformers Legacy toyline

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Because the current Transformers team at Hasbro is made up of people who are fans of the Japanese side of Transformers, and they wanted to make the new toy of him in honor of the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars Second.

Same reason why they made Metalhawk in this line, for the 35th anniversary of Super-God Masterforce.
So what are the chances of getting figures of Galvatron BW, Big Convoy and Magmatron?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So what are the chances of getting figures of Galvatron BW, Big Convoy and Magmatron?
We don't know. Probably not very likely since they're not as well-known as Lio Convoy.

Even in Japan, he's the only one from the two Japanese-original Beast Wars shows that the Japanese fans seem to even care about.

MrBlud

Citizen
I figure Big Convoy has the best chance given he’s had an American release of the original mold and a somewhat recent reissue so the market is likely there.

BW Galvatron second as his original mold is lost, it would give Lioconvoy an enemy to fight, and he’s a pretty normal Transformer.

Magmatron is highly unlikely given he’d probably need a Commander release and he has a dearth of fiction so he’d be almost unknown to the populace at large.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
We don't know. Probably not very likely since they're not as well-known as Lio Convoy.

Even in Japan, he's the only one from the two Japanese-original Beast Wars shows that the Japanese fans seem to even care about.
Why would Japanese fans not care about Beast wars neo and why is Lio Convoy more well known?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Why would Japanese fans not care about Beast wars neo and why is Lio Convoy more well known?
Because Beast Wars Neo flopped in Japan. Both it and Beast Wars Second were only made to serve as filler series until the rest of the American Beast Wars cartoon was ready to be aired in Japan, since only the first season had aired in Japan at the time.

Lio Convoy is more iconic than Big Convoy because Lio Convoy was the traditional good guy leader hero archetype, and turned into a very popular animal form. Lions are some of the most well-liked animals among kids. The powerhouse successes of both The Lion King and Kimba the White Lion are testaments of that. Kids like lions.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Well, we're getting a new TASMANIA KID. So I wouldn't rule out any of the Japanese Beasties if the mood hits the designers right. But Magmatron might be a while if they have lots of other Commanders to do (I agree he pretty much NEEDS to be a Commander to beat his original toy).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Galvatron was also twice as large as Lio Convoy in the cartoon. And when Unicron took on Galvatron's appearance in Neo, his dragon mode was a similar size to Magmatron. So Galvatron would need to be a Commander class, too.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Magmatron was released under the "Dinobots" sub-line for BM in the US, so there's every chance he'll get a release. A rumoured Dinoking, plus several releases of Metalhawk, Haslab Starsaber/Deathsaurus, Japanese BW Shadow Panther and several other obscure Japanese TF characters into the US market means nothing is off the table.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't really collect Beast Wars, much less Japanese-only Beast Wars adjacent stuff, but I would absolutely buy a well done new Magmatron and/or Big Convoy. Those are both cool designs, and I have a particular weakness for dinosaurs (and other extinct prehistoric beasts, if I'm being honest with myself, which I believe is important if I ever want to change. Which I don't.)

Lobjob

Citizen
Back to Tow-Line, fully articulated Spy Changers seem like a no brainer at this point too. Imagine how many remolds we could get out of these guys. I'd prefer deluxe but core class would be pretty cool too

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Some places still have Encore Big Convoy in stock. It's a perfectly fine figure, and was made as a companion piece to go with the Masterpiece release of Lio Convoy, in lieu of an actual MP Big Convoy mold. And its deco is show-accurate. I recommend anyone wanting a Big Convoy to pick it up.

...except an official subbed DVD release, apparently.
You could just watch both series on YouTube, courtesy of Karyuudo Fansubs.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some places still have Encore Big Convoy in stock. It's a perfectly fine figure, and was made as a companion piece to go with the Masterpiece release of Lio Convoy, in lieu of an actual MP Big Convoy mold. And its deco is show-accurate. I recommend anyone wanting a Big Convoy to pick it up.

You could just watch both series on YouTube, courtesy of Karyuudo Fansubs.
Big Convoy is a pretty cool toy, and I would highly recommend it as well.

Shadewing

Citizen
To me, I feel lime Magmatron has a good chance are being a Commander Class figure. He might not be the most well known character, but he has a lot going for him:
1. He's something different - we've not gotten any BW Commander classes, so immediatly he'll look different and sometimes that's important.
2. He's not a truck - this ups the varity of the line seeing as we've gotten 3/4 trucks in a row (is SS Ultra Magnus still in the pipeline?). It's kinda a repeat of 1, but not fully imo.
3. He's probably the best figure in BWNeo, and just trying true to that will give him a lot of value: 3 different dinosaurs, that can combiner to create a very cool and imposing looking villian, or into a mega dinosaur.

But who knows, maybe he'll be a future Haslab.

I can't see BW Galvatron as a Commander, even if we're going for scale. I'd love to see one of my favorite molds get a reworking to do him justice, but I'd settle for a leader class version that's at least as good as TM2 Legacy Megs.

THough if we get a core class Bw2 character, please give us Stampy.

Top Bottom