Transformers Legacy toyline

Echowarrior

Citizen
Okay, just a quick rundown.

Yes to Powerlinx Hot Shot. Me likey Jolt, me likey new guns. Me just hope me have as much trouble getting this Pulsecon exclusive as me did with others...which was next to none. Never quite managed that Revolution set.

G2 Dead End? Yes. Laser Cycle and Cloudcover were already givens, and I am growing more and more on G2 Sideswipe and G2 Jazz. Will call the latter Sunburst, but am open to suggestions on the former.

So much yes to Tow-Line. Gimme gimme.

Yes to the Kascade/Javelin set! Probably a no on Nacelle - I am happy with the Club release! Yes to Nova Prime!

Medix is a maybe.

The Shattered Glass set is also a maybe. And while he's not relevant to this thread, I will be getting Novakane and the Exo-Suit version of Noah.

Onyx

Citizen
I know it's accurate to the IDW2 comics, but Nacelle using the Siege Seeker mold instead of the Earthrise Thrust mold really misses the whole point of why the original Nacelle toy was made in the first place.
With the remolding they did for Senator Shockwave, I though for sure they would've made a Thrust remold for Nacelle if they were sticking with the Siege Seeker design.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Naked Nova Prime (that mouthplate being silver instead of black is disappointing):

p.png

Individual Stunticons from the toy-accurate giftset:

p.png

p.png

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tidal Wave as a Titan class would be too big to combine with Megs. Commander class is the likely avenue, especially now that mini-cons are being revealed. Package him with Tidal Wave and Megatrons and I think you can justify commander class vs leader class better.

and this is what I meant about the minicons. We should have known this repaint was coming, but Jolt is a fantastic addition. I wonder what that does for the price of him though.

I'm fine with him being a big honkin' dude who doesn't combine with Megatron. If they have to make sacrifices, and they usually do, that's one I'm willing to make. Throw in some clip-on non-transformable armor for Megatron, if it's really that necessary. (Then include it in Shockwave colors with the inevitable Galvatron repaint as well.)

As for Hot Shot, man, I'm torn. I have the original Powerlinx Hot Shot, so I was eager to get the regular yellow colors this time out, but man, I'm weak for Hot Rod colors. And orange TFs. And extras. Hmm...

Powerlinx Hot Shot is a Pulse exclusive.
Oh. Well, then. Guess that takes care of that. =\

That Ultra Magnus has my eye, though. I didn't like the last two they released so much... I mean, Siege was kinda neat, but to go with my Rodimus Prime and Galvatrons...?

Pity there's no cab bot, but hey, I have a Classics UM without armor, so I guess it balances out.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What a wild batch this year.

• Powerlinx Hot Shot: definite get, despite it almost assuredly being pricey. I really wish they'd just done him as a Selects, maybe with Jolt (a proper YELLOW Jolt, damn it) thrown in like Nightstick was for Artfire, rather than the usual "let's pretend blast effects are worth a ton extra".
  • Shattered Glass: definite get. Was always going to snag that Rodimus, and adding Sideswipe AND freaking WHISPER only makes it better.
  • Nova Prime is a definite get. Love that the retool idea that had been bouncing around since the mid-2000s finally gets made, with the "life, innit?" element of being done from a toy homaging the original mold for the idea.
  • 2-packs: I really like the look of Kaskade/Javelin and think they'll be nice additions and/or easy repurposes (I'm not familiar with the characters). Those colors are so nice. BUT I'll have to wait a while on these, because again, prices prevent me from getting stuff on a whim as easily as before. That's one reason I've held off on the War Dawn 2-pack as well, and am skipping theShockwave/Orion one and am still talking myself into Ratbat/Miner Megs.
  • Nacelle: Since Siege I've specifically avoided making too big a tetrajet collection, only getting the main 3 (and doing a bit of customizing to de-Stege them a bit) and skipping the Rainmakers and Red Wing. But this, I dunno, maybe?
  • Menasor: I haven't gotten around to getting the individual bots, and I do like the toy-based looks. Depending on price, this is a strong maybe. And even that that's because price is keeping me VERY selective as far as these last few lines have gone.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While I do appreciate people's take on Nacelle straying from his original design, those colors on that mold look absolutely amazing! I'm sure no one will be surprised that I'll be snagging him.
I will probably skip the 2 pack of IDW only because of space limitations (even with selling some of my drones) and the fact I don't even know who those two are since I never read the IDW comics.
The Shattered Glass guys look great. However, I have only collected SG Megatron and Startscream and I don't even use them as SG. They're just standard Decepticons in my collection. So, I'm not sure I could pull that off with either of these two.
Nova Prime kind of goes against my IDW argument earlier. I'll be picking him up more because I freaking love the Nova Prime design and I love the mold choice for him.
Powerlinx is a buy for me as I skipped on HotShot hoping they'd do the powerlinx colors on him eventually. This was always my favorite color scheme on that character.

Lobjob

Citizen
I was hoping Nacelle would be my excuse to get the new Thrust mold, so that strays from what I was thinking but it does look good. I guess my cybertronian fleet grows.

Eventually, when they release an actual tetrajet in the vein of origins Jazz and Bumblebee, I'm gonna be mildly frusterated though.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, definitely would have preferred that Nacelle was a Thrust repaint/remold, but I'm not going to skip it, either. I'm actually 1 short of having a proper trio of Tetrajet Seekers anyway, so this is the perfect opportunity to correct that.

Lobjob

Citizen
*looks around at the plethora of designs from various media this team has drawn from.*

They're coming. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But eventually.

They'll be here.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’m a little disappointed nobody is talking more about that SG Sideswipe / Drench / Armada Wheeljack w/ minicon. Wheeljack was a great character and gave Hot Shot some depth. His Armada toy, aside from some back kibble, is already a pretty decent toy.

I love that we are obviously going to get Wheeljack for the Neo-Armada line, and I can't wait to pre-order the real thing.

Top Bottom