Transformers Legacy toyline

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm... with Ark and now Nemesis in the bag, I wonder if we'll wind up seeing toys of the Axalon and Darksyde?

And if we do, would they be scaled to the Ark and Nemesis? Or the same general Titan Class size?

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Maybe. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we see other ships like the Revenge or The Minnow or The Quintesson Cruiser.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm still stunned we never got a Titan Master Sari.

I'm not even asking for a full body; just a carded head and a mini-vehicle (maybe a tricycle/jet, to reference the Animated OP). Anything.
I guess she just wasn't Geewun enough for Titans Return.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Did anyone get notification from Amazon that the Orion Pax/Senator Shockwave set was shipping but then receive the Miner Megatron/Senator Ratbat instead? I mean, it makes sense given that I was charged for the higher amount (which I know was assigned to the OP/SS set yet made more sense for the 2 voyagers of the MM/SR set), but I can't help but wonder if this was a mistake on Amazon's part or if when I get charged for the MM/SR set, I'll receive the OP/SS set.

Something for other fans to be aware of I guess.

SMR
It's not just you.

KingSwoop

Citizen
Hmm... with Ark and now Nemesis in the bag, I wonder if we'll wind up seeing toys of the Axalon and Darksyde?

And if we do, would they be scaled to the Ark and Nemesis? Or the same general Titan Class size?
Good question.

I wouldn't mind Titan pricepoint Beast Wars ships; whereas the Ark and Nemesis are in scale with "nanofigures" (ugh), I think you could do an Axalon or Darksyde with an opening bridge that could fit, say, Micromaster-scale versions of the Beast Figures. (They'd be out of scale, but not that out of scale.)

For me it's a question of what they'd transform into. Would the Darksyde be a triple changer... ship/dragon/robot? I don't know if I want the Axalon to have an elephant (or whale) alt mode.

If it was up to me, I think I'd fight for a Broadside figure - Aircraft Carrier/"Giant Spaceship"/Robot, with a slightl "G1ified" Tidalwave retool (new head mostly. I'd rather have one GOOD Decepticon Aircraft carrier than a mediocre fleet of ships with no good repaints.)

Maybe they could do the BW2 Aircraft Carrier monster instead.... but I really want a chunky slab I can rest my Core Class Seekers on... although, let's be honest, I'd probably just stick to my Legends Scale figures; they really knocked it out of the park with that small Starscream mold.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not sure where the best fit for this is, but I'm going with this one.

One of my favorite scenes in all of the Unicron Trilogy has to be this, when we first see Armada Megatron and Optimus Prime in their Cybertronian forms. Unfortunately, they've only ever gotten one toy each, and they're really hard to find.

And I was just thinking about how cool it might be to have them featured in this line. Or another line, Studio Series? I dunno.

But short of making all-new toys, I was thinking about how it could be done cost-effectively. We don't see the vehicle mode for either, leaving them open to interpretation, so that's a plus.

I'm thinking Armada Megatron would be an easy remold of... well, himself. A lot of the features line up, only they're changed slightly -- no serration on the horns, but the horns are still there, for example.

Optimus feels like he'd be a bit trickier, though, since his form feels like a hybrid of Armada Optimus, RiD Optimus, and G1 Optimus. And I got to thinking... would a remolded Earthrise Optimus potentially work here? Maybe find a way to swap the legs with Armada Optimus, but above the waist, it mostly feels like G1, with the grill abs (instead of the full chest), window pecs, and smokestack shoulders. The biggest difference would be the blasters on the forearms.

Buuuuuuut, I don't have Earthrise Op, or any variation thereof. I'm not sure how viable this would be.

But then again, you look at some of the stuff they're doing with molds these days, like Cyclonus to Metalhawk and Siege Seekers to Senator Shockwave, and... maybe?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Optimus feels like he'd be a bit trickier, though, since his form feels like a hybrid of Armada Optimus, RiD Optimus, and G1 Optimus. And I got to thinking... would a remolded Earthrise Optimus potentially work here? Maybe find a way to swap the legs with Armada Optimus, but above the waist, it mostly feels like G1, with the grill abs (instead of the full chest), window pecs, and smokestack shoulders. The biggest difference would be the blasters on the forearms.

Buuuuuuut, I don't have Earthrise Op, or any variation thereof. I'm not sure how viable this would be.

But then again, you look at some of the stuff they're doing with molds these days, like Cyclonus to Metalhawk and Siege Seekers to Senator Shockwave, and... maybe?
Optimus's pre-Earth body is just his Armada body with no wheels, a different chest (window pecs and grill abs instead of a one big grill covering his whole torso), a flattened backpack (in lieu of the truck cab roof and windshield) a new waistplate (which he loses on his Earth body) and different colors.

All that would need retooling on his Commander class toy's smaller robot mode would be his chestplate, backpack, waist front, shoulders, and the outsides of his shins.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
To make that Optimus, they would need to go and take the basic desgin of the Generations deluxe G2 Optimus and use that as a base while incoperating everything else to make that Optimus work as a toy thou I want him to be leader scale or at least big voyager!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Optimus's pre-Earth body is just his Armada body with no wheels, a different chest (window pecs and grill abs instead of a one big grill covering his whole torso), a flattened backpack (in lieu of the truck cab roof and windshield) a new waistplate (which he loses on his Earth body) and different colors.

All that would need retooling on his Commander class toy's smaller robot mode would be his chestplate, backpack, waist front, shoulders, and the outsides of his shins.
Different head, too. Or at least painted differently.

Anyway, I did consider that, with the realization that doing it like that would... put the chest windows on the grill at the front of the truck? Or sticking above it?

Also, I thought that Earthrise Optimus hid the wheels on his legs, and I figured that would help the appearance be more accurate, but looking again, nope.

Oh, and you forgot the smokestacks-ish things on his shoulders.

That said, I forgot about the backpack. Maybe Siege Optimus would be better to have something set for that.
I feel like the best way to do both of those designs, is just as RED figures...
I mean, I'd settle for it, if that were the case.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Behind the scenes and additional pics for Junkion Trashmaster, who Mark seems to fancy as having a wrestling-specific TV interest.
8349.jpg
7479.jpg
8479.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Geroni-do-ron-ron-ron-i-moooooo!!!Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkion Trashmaster is ready to kick some scrap all the while quoting amazing wrestler quotes! Oooo yeahhh!

Ejima san really out did himself on all of these Junkions! The whole concept is cocka-doodle-do status!

Big shout out to @marcelomatere as you can see the concept art he did for this guy is rad!

The amount of up front work on this big bad bro was immense. Just to much for one post really, maybe in the future I can figure out a way to capture it all so you can truly appreciate this serious junk hunk.

The deets…evofusion capability intact, front and backend can be customizable with the other junkions, a junk heap load of accessories, the compactor is usable in vehicle mode 😵, blast effect capability on hand blasters, articulation on legs is some of the most satisfying fluid movements due to the ankle joints, transformation sequence is classic but still fresh, color scheme matches other Junkions, creative combining fun for hours!

Do ya smelllllllll what the Trashmaster is cooking!

Image of Trashmaster Voyager Junkion Legacy Evolution (18)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Trashmaster Voyager Junkion Legacy Evolution (17)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Trashmaster Voyager Junkion Legacy Evolution (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had been skipping the latest Junkions, that is until I got Axlegrease. After seeing the mold in person, I might have to go back and secure all these little dudes. They're super fun.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Shame that there isn't a set of forks to go with the lifting mechanism, like in the concept art. I'm sure the accessories designers are hard at work on them already.

Otherwise, looks good. Crashbar and Scraphook have been pretty fun (though I often keep them in combined 'bot mode). I'll be keen to see what folks manage to come up with when mashing the three of them (or more) together.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I had been skipping the latest Junkions, that is until I got Axlegrease. After seeing the mold in person, I might have to go back and secure all these little dudes. They're super fun.
I hear ya. I bought Wreck Gar and Junkheap, and they're great. Then Axelgrease arrived and I have not been able to put her down, lol. I will definitely pick up Trashmaster.

Top Bottom