Transformers Legacy toyline

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It was part of wave 2 of the Velocitron Speedia 500 collection at Walmart, with some availability online at Pulse. But it sold out pretty rapidly online and hasn't really shown up at stores much, if at all. I've been watching for it, but not had any success (I feel like I got super-lucky when I found Crasher, even)

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm not sure what the current status of the Speedia 500 line is at the moment. I've been to a few local Wal Marts and there were none in stock and no shelf tags. YMMV though depending on your region. Regardless, I generally do not like store exclusives - especially Wal Mart store exclusives - but I guess Hasbro views them as a necessary evil.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's a great point. I've used it to stream Amazon Prime on my non-start TV, but haven't used it to play a game in a while. I'll have to try it to make sure it's working.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
What if we're looking at it all wrong? Galaxy Shuttle was never made in the first place, but simply always existed and was named for the size. In fact, we've been inside Galaxy Shuttle the whole time. All the toys we thought were Galaxy Shuttle were just Platonic reflections of the Ideal Form of the true Galaxy Shuttle, so if you weren't able to find it, that's a good sign, because it means that you did not find the imperfect reflection of the True Form.

And in other news, I clearly went mad partway through this post, not positive on which line but I'm pretty sure around the second sentence it all went downhill...

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
What if we're looking at it all wrong? Galaxy Shuttle was never made in the first place, but simply always existed and was named for the size. In fact, we've been inside Galaxy Shuttle the whole time. All the toys we thought were Galaxy Shuttle were just Platonic reflections of the Ideal Form of the true Galaxy Shuttle, so if you weren't able to find it, that's a good sign, because it means that you did not find the imperfect reflection of the True Form.

And in other news, I clearly went mad partway through this post, not positive on which line but I'm pretty sure around the second sentence it all went downhill...
But the True Form would be Sky Lynx...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another step closer to the day Hasbro shows us pictures of new toys, but doesn't release them in stores.

No one can figure out their business model, but they keep doing it, so it must be working wonders.

Sigh.

In all seriousness, though, do you think Barbie fans have this problem?

The Phazer

Citizen
I'm not sure what the current status of the Speedia 500 line is at the moment. I've been to a few local Wal Marts and there were none in stock and no shelf tags. YMMV though depending on your region. Regardless, I generally do not like store exclusives - especially Wal Mart store exclusives - but I guess Hasbro views them as a necessary evil.

In the UK the Speedia line was supposed to be exclusive to Smyths, like the Netflix line, but it appears that Smyths dropped that commitment after wave 1. Wave 1 has subsequently gone out to lots of other retailers at heavy discount (from Hasbro themselves), but curiously that also happened to Galaxy Shuttle, who showed up (quite a lot!) in Game stores at "50% off" a price he was never actually released at.

Legally that's quite naughty in the UK but I can't see any of us complaining to Trading Standards about it.

It's quite a bad sign for the line though. Who knows what will happen to the Wave 2 deluxes, I can see them being as rare as hens teeth and then suddenly arriving in huge numbers at a random discount chain.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Bug!
6AD6B125-2062-4228-9EE5-5C00609B2ABD.jpeg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Capture.JPG

Here's a snippit of my PoL. I had preordered him a while back so I guess I got one of the first shipments BBTS got in stock.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
My tarn is supposed to arrive today... Not sure where scraphook is though.

Edit: to clarify; they were pre-ordered and supposed to arrive at the same time. It's now pretty much too late for scraphook to show up by the 10th as stated by amazon.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Did Hasbro even release images of him or is he just showing up all of a sudden? Seems like these latest waves are coming fast.

Top Bottom